Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I felt that Orleans was the much better story; it retread Shirou vs. Archer but I feel like that helps ground it and makes it familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Orleans was better because a.) Jeanne is cool, actually and it also has such good characters as everyone you get except Sieg maybe and also all the baddies are cool. smh if you didn't think d'Eon and Martha getting feisty and rebellious was more interesting then the chronicles of umu; nero is the emperor, run around with her to discover the plot 200 ap later

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nero alone is better than the expanded cast.

The umu is mightier than the...uh, France.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Blew my last ten-roll

Very last card

It's a Servant

GOLD ORBS

IT'S A loving SABER

it's Chevalier de loving Eon

I actually would have preferred Sumanai

Never, ever spend money on this stupid game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The tickets have been unkind to me and I probably won't be able to hit 30 quartz before the event ends, so there go my chances I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've probably been too loose with tickets, but they got me another 4* and my only 5* while keeping ahold of my quartz stock so that's something.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I posted that and immediately bought a 10-roll and got nothing

don't play this game

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

better idea: play this game but don't spend money on it

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Man, the new login rewards on JP are really nice. Being able to pick the material you want is really helpful, especially when Archer Artoria is eating all my dragon fangs

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Vengarr posted:

Blew my last ten-roll

Very last card

It's a Servant

GOLD ORBS

IT'S A loving SABER

it's Chevalier de loving Eon

I actually would have preferred Sumanai

Never, ever spend money on this stupid game.

Chevalier is about to get buffed on JP so maybe hold on to them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's no confirmation Chev is getting buffed, any images up right now are photoshops with no real basis

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
This level 90 Gawain fight is annoying. I only have Euryale at level 40 because that was enough to get me through Camelot and I was saving my Archer pieces and monuments for the Ishtar I never got. I have a very low opinion on Atalante even if I have her at level 80. My Berserkers are Tamamo Cat and Ibaraki, but they are only ascended to level 3. I can't kill his NP spamming rear end fast enough.

Had to take it back to Jeanne + Support Jeanne with new and improved non-stunning, debuff clearing NP. I'm glad I don't have Jeanne on my NA account so I can play through the game with different strategies, but it's nice that she's still around to save me in JP.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tsurupettan posted:

better idea: play this game but don't spend money on it

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Just buy one quartz for account recovery purposes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Buy quartz for 5 star gacha. IMO

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Learn to love your Bronze and Silvers, they'll always be there for you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Have a set monthly budget for FGO purchases.

Here is mine for example:
July: SGD 120
August: SGD 120
September: SGD 120
October: SGD 120
November: SGD 120
December: SGD 120
Month Jeanne Alter gets released: SGD 1200

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm okay with spending for quartz because I realized the other day I've been a TM fan for over ten years without ever giving them a dime. I owe them for Tsukihime, F/SN, F/Z, Extra, Kara no Kyoukai and the UBW anime.

Doesn't make getting spooked any less painful though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Pureauthor posted:

only $90 a month isn't ba... wait.. :eyepop:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just grailed Asterios. He stronk.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

I spent 35$ so far and have nothing to show for it (well ok.... 4 maxed out 5* CEs....) but JAlter will not get that high of an investment out of me :D

I appreciate you helping the game do well in the west, however! Good luck for JA

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Parted Sea seemed like a really good CE for a three star

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

EzEight posted:

Just buy one quartz for account recovery purposes.

I don't get it

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Virtue posted:

I don't get it

Accounts with a paper-trail are easier to restore/prove ownership of than generic accounts with a code and no passkey.

Avoids losing everything.

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
I just got my hands on a new iPad pro. Are there any major problems if I generate a code for my account every now and then (to use on the go on my phone and then to play on the pad at home/free time), or is that one of the no-no's for this company?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Tarezax posted:

Chevalier is about to get buffed on JP so maybe hold on to them

Chevalier is a very powerful genderqueer hero they should be proud to have anyways

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Chevalier is a powerful rare prism

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Um is anyone else getting "connection lost" messages? If it's just me, is there anything I can do?

Edit: disabling my connection then reebabling it seemed to fix is for now.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Aug 1, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Kay Kessler posted:

Um is anyone else getting "connection lost" messages? If it's just me, is there anything I can do?

Try restarting the device you are playing it on. If you were in the middle of a battle, you will continue from where you left off.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

DarkFact posted:

I just got my hands on a new iPad pro. Are there any major problems if I generate a code for my account every now and then (to use on the go on my phone and then to play on the pad at home/free time), or is that one of the no-no's for this company?

It should be fine. It's not against the rules to use transfer codes a lot, just a bit inconvenient.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Accounts with a paper-trail are easier to restore/prove ownership of than generic accounts with a code and no passkey.

Avoids losing everything.

brb spending money

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/gilgaymesh/status/891804523265572864

I love how Fate/GO's heroine is a walking shitpost, and I'm glad she's haunting cons

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to meet Gudako. I want to hug Gudako. I would then be fine with meeting my end at the hands of Gudako.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Shinjobi posted:

I want to meet Gudako. I want to hug Gudako. I would then be fine with meeting my end at the hands of Gudako.

here, this is for you

ps don't scroll down it gets :nws:

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

here, this is for you

Only $40? Very reasonably priced

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

StrixNebulosa posted:

here, this is for you

I think this might be the funniest goddamn thing I have ever seen on a pillow.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We need a Riyo comics collab where Gudako ends up being the welfare Servant.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Nero Fest Grand Final is up.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Riyo comic, the book version (I think) while not explicitly saying their names, has descriptions on the 3 Riyo-original servants that completely gives it away.

(rough translation, spoilers I guess?)

Rider
His/her true name's a secret, but is a movie director from the dawn of film history. An all-rounder who did everything from cinematography to VFX by themselves. It's thought that all films that came after were influenced by them.

Assassin
Her true name's a secret, but was the first director of the FBI. Grasped the weaknesses of others for self-protection and casually threatened them. Is summoned as a woman here, but enjoys crossdressing.

Berserker
His/her true name's a secret, but is a giant American lumberjack. Because the fuel efficiency of his/her large body is poor, is a little bit of a glutton.

So in other words

Rider is George Melies.
Assassin is J Edgar Hoover.
Berserker is Paul Bunyan.

I wonder what the chances are that they're ever added to the game proper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Nero Fest Grand Final is up.
So either they simply forgot to put it up on day 1, it was always meant to go up on day 2, or somehow today is the final day of Nerofest?? I almost hosed it up by picking a Lancelot/Kaleidoscope who wasn't actually on my friends list and thus I couldn't use his NP, but I managed to pull through with probably one turn to spare as I had no more backups and Nero's AOE NP would've probably smoked everyone but Cu.

It might not be too bad to grind on it if you get two AOE NPs, though I might save say Lancelot's NP for the second wave because of Gilgamesh.