Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

I Before E posted:

Isn't that already EVIL's gimmick?

uhm no, he is the King of Darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MrBling posted:

What, a vampire can't be king of darkness?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It would be a crime if Kitamura doesn't make his excursion in CMLL.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

has an invading heel ever won the bodybuilding contest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of want Kitamura and Oka to be a team in this year's Tag League and do somewhat well

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the young lions cup is gonna be dope

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

MassRafTer posted:

I feel bad for you having a cheap rip off as a role model. Respect Rush the real deal.

I respect both, but I haven't seen Natio throw a box full of beer bottles at anybody yet so Rush is winning at the moment

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MrBling posted:

So he's Castlevania Dracula?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

the young lions cup is gonna be dope

This x100

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I seem to remember Rush being really bad in the Tag League last year

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Rush has never looked good in any of his new japan runs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Part of Rush's appeal is him going crazy and while you can go in a crowd in Japan you can't do what you can do in Mexico. It's why Rush in the WWE wouldn't work even if they wouldn't try to sabotage him from the get go (OfC they'd do that)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there anywhere one can actually get a Blue Justice shirt in the US?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Give Rush the ddt Ironman heavy metalweight title and have him constantly beat the poo poo out of random people

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

schweens posted:

That shot of Shibata from last year's G1 is perfect

God remember when they did the Noah/NJPW angle with Shibata leading Nagata and his band of angry old men against the Noah dudes? It developed into a huge brawl and ends with this amazing shot of Shibata standing on the turnbuckle glaring down to the aisle where the pissed off Noah guys have retreated - loving amazing shot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Rush isn't compatible with the NJPW house style

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

God remember when they did the Noah/NJPW angle with Shibata leading Nagata and his band of angry old men against the Noah dudes? It developed into a huge brawl and ends with this amazing shot of Shibata standing on the turnbuckle glaring down to the aisle where the pissed off Noah guys have retreated - loving amazing shot.

Can I find this on NJPW World somehow?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Can I find this on NJPW World somehow?

For some reason I can't find the link for the Japanese commentary version, but here's the english commentary version:
http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00398_3_04

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Takuan posted:

For some reason I can't find the link for the Japanese commentary version, but here's the english commentary version:
http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00398_3_04

Slightly different to how I remember, but still so loving good.

Also reminds me of the Okada/Marafuji match and all the NOAH guys going nuts at ringside every time their boy survived Okada or almost pinned him. It's such a shame the angle got 86ed.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I'm guessing Vince hasn't been shown pictures of Kitamura, or he would have tried to sign him instantly.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm pretty sure if Kitamura chopped me, I would actually die from it.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm pretty sure if Kitamura chopped me, I would actually die from it.

You can just duck like everybody else does when he does his huge wind-up.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
watching 7/30 right now.

who is this megajacked young lion in the 6 man tag against bullet club, god drat

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012
I stopped watching wrestling a few years ago, but I've gotten back into NJPW after seeing one of the Omega vs Okada matches. It's weird because when I stopped watching, Okada was just at the beginning of his mega-push and Kenny was doing goofy poo poo in DDT. I'm absolutely loving G1 so far. What are the prevailing opinions on who will win? I'm thinking Naito, but I don't have much of a basis for it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the camera work during Kenny's v-trigger from the corner is seriously awesome. that 5 second clip on its own makes kenny look great. man i love when wrestling cameramen nail the cinematography

literally just remembered there's a g1 thread. sorry!

shiksa fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 31, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/892033308330209280

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

That plus BOLA-killer... it's going to be a long weekend.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/privatehellnyc/status/889986885904457728

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
can someone talk at length about Hirai Kawato?

This years G1 is the first time I've really seen him and he seems like he has the potential to be a real good wrestler.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MrBling posted:

can someone talk at length about Hirai Kawato?

This years G1 is the first time I've really seen him and he seems like he has the potential to be a real good wrestler.

He's only 20 years old, so he will probably do a lot of wrestling fellow young lions and/or losing to anybody he faces of real note for the next couple years before going on an excursion to USA or Mexico, then we'll see where he stands after that. Okada was only 24 when he won his first IWGP Championship after starting in New Japan at 20 (and the win came so quickly after his return from being a jobber in TNA that the goon reaction was largely 'lol okada really lol new japan'), so it's not unheard of that someone could rise that quickly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Okada's the exception to the rule. My understanding was when he returned from TNA he was PISSED, cut a big promo and that really impressed GEDO. PLus being an absolute physical specimen really helps too.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

coconono posted:

I think Okada's the exception to the rule. My understanding was when he returned from TNA he was PISSED, cut a big promo and that really impressed GEDO. PLus being an absolute physical specimen really helps too.

The promo sucked, Okada looked weird and nervous, Rainmaker V1 was an awful finisher, and the crowd was chanting for him to go home when he challenged Tanahashi. Gedo just had enough faith in what he saw in Okada to make him a big deal fairly quick anyway.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MiSu is probably well liked by the crowd because he is a pretty cool guy (at least from what I've seen on Instagram). It's very different than his in ring persona of a ruthless sadistic killer

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Tonfa posted:

The promo sucked, Okada looked weird and nervous, Rainmaker V1 was an awful finisher, and the crowd was chanting for him to go home when he challenged Tanahashi. Gedo just had enough faith in what he saw in Okada to make him a big deal fairly quick anyway.

Wait what was Rainmaker V1?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Reminds me of this somewhat

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The old thread was a goldmine of "lmao Okada wut" *6months later* "Okada lost the title to Tanahashi" :qq: :qq: :qq:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That Rainmaker gif is perfect because

Don't let the fascism loving WWE thread beat out NJPW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm naively hoping this G1 run of great matches by Nagata will get him into Hall of Fame though I know deep down him and Tenzan have to suffer for Inoki and Inoki-ism's sins

• Locked thread