Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Different Mystic Codes are available already? Where do I get em?

If you did the extra Quest they gave you during the Extella promo, you'd get a Mystic Code as a reward.

... I'm pretty sure the promotion has ended by now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man it was basically Not Losing there by the end with Jeanne and Support Waver just spamming their NPs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I see, I only started last week so I guess I missed it. Oh well, it'll be back eventually, I hope?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I see, I only started last week so I guess I missed it. Oh well, it'll be back eventually, I hope?

I don't think they'll repeat the event, but you'll probably be able to unlock it with rare mana prisms eventually?

edit: Or possibly not, since I don't see it in the Japanese shop. I guess it might return for a future Last Order event or something like that.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 1, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
lol Medea's first skill gives 80% to her NP gauge

I just survived with Emiya with really really low health. I guess Nero's NP went through evade? Sad.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tired Moritz posted:

lol Medea's first skill gives 80% to her NP gauge

101% with the extremely minimal investment to bring it to level 4!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
My brain is telling me to rush through the 40 AP mission for them gold medals but I really want to get more dragon scales. How much time do we have left?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Tired Moritz posted:

My brain is telling me to rush through the 40 AP mission for them gold medals but I really want to get more dragon scales. How much time do we have left?

Like 30 hours.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
D'eon's buff was higher chance on aoe stun and 1 more turn of debuffs, rip

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Captain Baal posted:

Hahahahaha :shepicide:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Largepotato posted:

Like 30 hours.
8/3 3:59 UTC should be 11:59 PM EST on Thursday unless I'm doing the math wrong.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Had Nero down to 1k hp with one def buff up, after using Medea on her when she had three up, after using Nullify Buff, three units left on my side.

Nero uses Imperial Privilege, Imperial Privilege, Migraine on her turn, shrugs off a Herc battle chain for like 1k, and nukes the room.

gently caress that noise.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

He continues to be a powerful rare prism

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Wait d'eon is a guy?

Anyway, it's kinda pointless to keep doing the 40ap one for me. I don't want those ce's bad enough and id rather get scales or jewels

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
d'eon's gender is d'eon.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

D'Eon is legit whatever gender you see them as, it's one of their skills.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's even in their Servant bio.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

delfin posted:

Had Nero down to 1k hp with one def buff up, after using Medea on her when she had three up, after using Nullify Buff, three units left on my side.

Nero uses Imperial Privilege, Imperial Privilege, Migraine on her turn, shrugs off a Herc battle chain for like 1k, and nukes the room.

gently caress that noise.

Welcome to my world.

I STILL farm this poo poo because I am stupid, stubborn mule, but I manage to clear it like 6 times out of 10 tries. It is nowhere near viable, because there is ridiculous amount of things that can go wrong and completely screw you over .

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm about 5 more gold medals short of 200 but I''m not sure whether I want a fifth lore or buy out all the babies.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

cyxx posted:

Wait d'eon is a guy?

The real life person was likely trans female, but servants can be summoned as a different sex than in real life, like Da Vinci, so that might not be a case in this game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I thought Da Vinci is and was summoned as a man, but just decided to use his Caster powers to turn himself into his ideal vision of beauty, the Mona Lisa.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Around 800 AP down and not a single serpent jewel drop. This is really ridiculous. I'm getting way fed up with this.
I just need one and then all I need is a few archer monuments to get my Gil to 3rd ascension.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
About 600 here and none either. Drop rates are pretty great.

I just ran my 27th run of 10Ap and got 1 fang :toot: 3 more for Martha's Ascension. Shouldn't take more than a week.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 1, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Outside of events are drop-rates always going to be like this or will new storylines and dailies later on provide some better sources? Some of these percentages are very frustrating.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Pierson posted:

Outside of events are drop-rates always going to be like this or will new storylines and dailies later on provide some better sources? Some of these percentages are very frustrating.

Comparing the JP and NA tabs on the gathering guide, yeah, there are way better story and daily missions for farming in the future. Between those and events you probably shouldn't tear your hair out going for super-rare mats unless there's just one servant you really want to ascend right this moment.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Does Art Card affinity increase NP gain or only damage?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

genericnick posted:

Does Art Card affinity increase NP gain or only damage?

What do you mean by Affinity? If you're asking about 'performance' increase its both, if you're talking about say, the first card bonus on the cards after it, only NP gain.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

BlazeEmblem posted:

The real life person was likely trans female, but servants can be summoned as a different sex than in real life, like Da Vinci, so that might not be a case in this game.

Servants are a mix of the original person and the myth they left behind. Since D'eon's gender being a mystery is part of the legend, he can change gender at will as a side effect of one of his skills.

This is why Elizabeth Bathory is a dumb lizard and/or a vampire dominatrix, the legend has so overpowered the historical person that it's hard to summon her as she was in life.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
next thing you're gonna tell me Alfosto isn't real.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tired Moritz posted:

The hilarious part is, the "trial quest" (basically a little, dedicated side story to go along with a new 5*'s release outside of a major story update that lets you try them out in a fight) for Holmes addresses this idea directly. Previous Fate works have also obliquely addressed the idea.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Psiwri posted:

What do you mean by Affinity? If you're asking about 'performance' increase its both, if you're talking about say, the first card bonus on the cards after it, only NP gain.

I meant to type ability, but yeah it is performance I was wondering about. Sorry for the confusion and thank you. And I guess the Quick one then increases star gain?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes. Performance boosts improve every aspect of that card type.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pierson posted:

I think the answer is that these materials will become common, but new servants will need new materials which are rare again.

genericnick posted:

I meant to type ability, but yeah it is performance I was wondering about. Sorry for the confusion and thank you. And I guess the Quick one then increases star gain?

(Whatever) Card Performance always increases damage, NP gain and star gain for cards of that type. Since quick cards do all three of those things all three get boosted.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Tired Moritz posted:

Astolfo is actually the most accurate depiction in all of Fate.

Uncanny

EGSunBro fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 1, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

NRVNQSR posted:

I think the answer is that these materials will become common, but new servants will need new materials which are rare again.

It overall gets better (and later events provide more resources), but for a while certain things will be damnably rare. Prepare to hate dragon scales, dragon teeth and demon hearts.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Dragon teeth will become the bane of your existence

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

just end me now. :negative:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

I was looking ahead to who I might ascend again next and practically fuckin everybody aside from the drat Cat seemed to need some.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

I was looking ahead to who I might ascend again next and practically fuckin everybody aside from the drat Cat seemed to need some.

Try taking a look at their skills.

(:negative:)

and yes, it gets worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

why is everyone made of dragons!? :argh: