Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

all your base are belong to us

Thank you you for posting this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Knack: the ZombiU of PS4

Except no one has ever seriously claimed Knack is good

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tread carefully friend. knack nation is watching

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

Except no one has ever seriously claimed Knack is good

You must have Charliefoxtrot on ignore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I still don't know what knack 2 or knack even are other than "sony exclusive video games"

A mediocre launch title that has for some reason turned into a running joke here

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

A mediocre launch title that has for some reason turned into a running joke here

Judging by the amount of Knack 2 posts I've seen in Splatoon 2, I think it isn't just here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Before Bloodborne, Knack 1 was the most Souls-like game on the PS4. It is extremely difficult at normal or higher and requires tight timing in combat, smart positioning, and judicious use of dodging.

Knack 2, which Mark Cerny has said was inspired by Fist of the North Star, adds a skill tree for combat abilities including throws and the ability to parry ranged attacks

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
wtf even is a knack? Are they running that low on trademarkeable names?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i thought it was like knickknack because he's a puppet or something ?? made of little wood toys

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
What I dont get CharlieFoxTrot is that you'll completely ignore anyone that challenges your statements or corrects you or says anything negative about something you've enjoyed but someone posts about Knack and within the hour you are there playing up the meme? Every single time. C'mon mate.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

wtf even is a knack? Are they running that low on trademarkeable names?

It's a golem made up of a million tiny rocks to show the incredible power of the PS4

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Atari's new console will be featuring my new game, Funt, in which you play a mystical cloud of blast-processing.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

PantsBandit posted:

Atari's new console will be featuring my new game, Funt, in which you play a mystical cloud of blast-processing.

Only SEGA can harness the awesome power of blast processing, so the game will crash on launch.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz5th3ykihY

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I support Charlie and his love for knack

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Help Im Alive posted:

It's a golem made up of a million tiny rocks to show the incredible power of the PS4

There's a video on Nintendo 's game design approach, where everything including the games aesthetic is built around the core gameplay mechanic (ie splatoon, where the entire squids and graffiti theme was developed to fit the gameplay of shooting ink on surfaces). Ever since I saw it I've felt that knack would have been a lot better if he'd been a little house man that absorbed bricks to grow bigger, instead of being a pebble goblin. I'd play a puzzle platformer about a house golem! There's loads of fun mechanics you could build from that premise.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OApLDOqLymw

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
For me it's just that Knack looks so unexciting. Knack is just a jumble of geometric shapes running in weirdly realistic yet plastic-looking environments and it just doesn't look aesthetically inspired or fun at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you know how there was that huge platformer mascot fad in the 90's that spawned such illustrious and revered characters as bubsy, plok, zool the nth dimensional ninja, and more? knack is that but 20 years later

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
im personally looking forward to patty wack

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd rather play Plok, actually.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

I'd rather play Plok, actually.

i want to say not too, too long ago (probably 2015ish?) the duo of brothers who made plok tried to relaunch him as a webcomic character, i assume that project was extremely successful

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
"Plok" sounds like an old-timey racial epithet

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Cowcaster posted:

you know how there was that huge platformer mascot fad in the 90's that spawned such illustrious and revered characters as bubsy, plok, zool the nth dimensional ninja, and more? knack is that but 20 years later

If Toblerone tired to follow in Cool Spot's footsteps.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Good morning games, I just had a late breakfast.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What kind of meat is that?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

What kind of meat is that?

The dish is bibimbap - in this case an egg, some beef and a lot of veg over a bed of rice.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm not sure you can have a late breakfast if a big loving basket of french fries is involved. I think you'll just have two lunches today.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Bibimbap is real tasty. There'a Korean restaurant by me that serves it hot in the big stone pot, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i fuckin love bi bim bap

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo what's the cheapest good graphics card out now. i have a 560ti right now

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
probably like the gtx1060, but you'll want the 6gb model instead of the 3gb one. probably run you $300-350.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

no the cheapest

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if you're looking for the cheapest cheapest you're probably gonna have to look at refurbs on amazon, in which case it'll depend by seller

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Speaking of buying things. I'm looking to get a Switch soon, maybe like in a month. How much of a pain in the rear end is that gonna be? Are they still pretty hard to get a hold of?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

The White Dragon posted:

if you're looking for the cheapest cheapest you're probably gonna have to look at refurbs on amazon, in which case it'll depend by seller

I don't think :refurb: is for sale

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Amazon has had them in stock like once every week or two for a hour or so, I still have never seen one in a store though

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

oddium posted:

no the cheapest

I hear good things about the 6600GT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm i am strongly considering

• Locked thread