Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Have you seen a doctor yet? You may have an underlying condition for excessive body sweat.

We'll, he's a goon, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just ordered this: Microtech Ultratech

...because i almost got robbed 2 days ago in my apt parking lot and now i'm freaked the gently caress out.

Check your local laws on carrying pepper spray. If legal buy two cans, one to test with so you understand the force needed to fire it and the spray pattern. Be prepared to spray and run.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

well why not posted:

Lots in Asia & Australia, a couple in the UK / Europe and I think most larger American cities.
I once went to Stuttgart pretty much just for their store. They have some in europe but very few and far between unfortunately.

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Aug 3, 2017

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Poor rural Dallas. Maybe I'll take a chance on a pair from their website someday.

The Calfornian transplants brought everything else with them to Texas but I guess they left their Uniqlos back home.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The air some undershirts are the best thing ever, but the boxer briefs ride up my crack like some kind of......thing that rides up your crack all the time?

I feel like the English language should have a ready-made analogy for this, but one is not coming to mind.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

LifeSunDeath posted:

...because i almost got robbed 2 days ago in my apt parking lot and now i'm freaked the gently caress out.

Get some mace dude. My policy is never use something for self defense that I wouldn't be okay with being taken away and used on me. Although honestly I'd rather get shot than stabbed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If you wanted a self defense knife you should have went for an Emerson anyway. Those knives open as you pull it out of your pocket. An auto like the Ultratech still requires you to take it out, then deploy the button, before you can stab someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0o4cYU4OGk

Also don't use knives

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Unless you're a trained knife combatant all you're going to do is get killed or seriously injured trying to use that thing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah there's a famous quote about how nobody wins in a knife fight and that the loser dies on the spot and the winner dies while on the way to the hospital.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Make sure you stab yourself before using it on others so you know how much stabbing to do if, God forbid, you end up having to defend yourself by stabbing someone.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I carry a pocketknife and if I ever have to bust it out as a weapon I can only imagine how hosed I would have to be.

It's pepper spray and run, or pepper spray, kick them in the nads and run or a combination or all three god I don't know. I've had to get my spray out and point it at someone a few times now and was relieved that it was enough to end the confrontation. I'm not looking to end up on YouTube.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Every time I see a knife like that all I can imagine is trying to stab something and my hand sliding down on to the blade.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a frying pan.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It's not a weapon, it's a safety blanket.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
You don't bring a frying pan to a knife fight.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Etrips posted:

You don't bring a frying pan to a knife fight.

Honestly, I think a frying pan would make a better weapon.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That was the B-plot in Tangled.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Much like on bears, mace works better against humans than knives or guns.

Further testing is needed on frying pans.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
:homebrew:

Yamaha P45 digital piano. Im new to the instrument and this one came well recommended for beginners. Got a decent stand, stool and sustain as well.

AKG K240 Studios. For playing at night. Decent enough for listening to the same piano bits over and over.

Flowkey subscription. Unimpressive song list and the audio recognition stinks, but the lessons are decent and it's doing a good job of getting me back into sheet music.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Bring a steak to a frying pan fight and make a new friend.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sell this and buy a squat rack, time to build your body brother....

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

bongwizzard posted:

The air some undershirts are the best thing ever, but the boxer briefs ride up my crack like some kind of......thing that rides up your crack all the time?

I feel like the English language should have a ready-made analogy for this, but one is not coming to mind.

That's my experience with exofficio. I guess different people have different butts.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sell this and buy a squat rack, time to build your body brother....

Used to be very strong, and I've done years and years of martial arts, but nowadays i avoid fighting like the plague. This makes me feel better and that's the whole point, i know very well that knives are more dangerous for me in the long run, but am having a hard time bringing myself to the point of getting a gun. Thanks for the input everyone, it's more retail therapy than anything.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LifeSunDeath posted:

having a hard time bringing myself to the point of getting a gun

Well at least there's that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Subjunctive posted:

Well at least there's that.

i live in texas, everyone's sage advice including my mother is to get a gun :/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Actual sage advice: leave.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So after the recommendations of the thread I ordered a pair of briefs from meundies and uniqlo to try out. This better be life changing.

Any sock recommendations?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

also uniqlo

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Etrips posted:

So after the recommendations of the thread I ordered a pair of briefs from meundies and uniqlo to try out. This better be life changing.

Any sock recommendations?

Darn Tough. Running ones if you live in warmer weather, thicker ones for winter. The best socks on earth, period.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Actual sage advice: leave.

Where's he gonna move? Somewhere without poors?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Where's he gonna move? Somewhere without poors?

That's an idea.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

It's America. We're festooned with poors.

Because it's all of us.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spog posted:

Honestly, I think a frying pan would make a better weapon.
Unironically I would rather have a frying pan in a fight against someone with a knife. Much better for defense, just as good for offense.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Unironically I would rather have a frying pan in a fight against someone with a knife. Much better for defense, just as good for offense.

I keep all my frying pans indoors. So any time I'd have one handy for a fight, I'd be inside my best defense already: a house.

e: I didn't buy a house though, sorry.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's only a matter of time until a goon comes in and tells us about his frying pan collection.

And then an unboxing video of the new cold steel tactical frying pan

It's tape !

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5JTy_ezEpA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sappo569 posted:

It's only a matter of time until a goon comes in and tells us about his frying pan collection.

And then an unboxing video of the new cold steel tactical frying pan

It's tape !

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Come to Utah.
Not only is it almost as hot as Texas, but we have the added benefit of not having to drive 37 hours to leave the state.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I've tried almost all of the underwear listed in this thread and Obviously makes the best ones by a huge margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

AnimalChin posted:

I've tried almost all of the underwear listed in this thread and Obviously makes the best ones by a huge margin.

Ahh, just what I wanted, underwear that's twice as long as my shorts!