Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Any of you guys play Tales of Symphonia with a DS4? I'm using a DS4 with DS4Windows. The game sorta works with the "hide controller" option selected, but the d-pad doesn't work. If I deselect that option, the controller doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

The d-pad works in other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

3 Lego games for $10

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix

What 3 is a good pick? I don't give a poo poo about coop.

Just came in here to post this, but I do give a poo poo about co-op. Does that change any recommendations?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just a reminder that the big path of exile patch people have been hyped about for months is dropping tomorrow at 4pm eastern

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 4, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nuramor posted:

Is there any reason to not get the two Ground Control games in a pack for 3.05€?

They may not work? Well, the first one more likely wouldn't than the second. I'm always hesitant to pick up those older games on Steam though because they may not play nice with it. GOG is generally preferable because you're usually dealing with the original files. Also if you want to play the first game then settle in for some of the later levels because there aren't any mid-mission saves.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Hollandia posted:

Just came in here to post this, but I do give a poo poo about co-op. Does that change any recommendations?

None of them have online co-op for one. Local only.

So no.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Any of you guys play Tales of Symphonia with a DS4? I'm using a DS4 with DS4Windows. The game sorta works with the "hide controller" option selected, but the d-pad doesn't work. If I deselect that option, the controller doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

if you have ds4, ghetto mode it.

IN GAME
1) in key rebind, assign ↑←↓→ to the keyboard
2) for the sake of this tutorial, let's say wasd

IN DS4WINDOWS
1) open ds4
2) select the Profiles tab
3) double-click your current profile to open a big window with a picture of a ds4 on it
4) in the bottom-left corner, next to Touchpad, double-click Up, Down, Left or Right
5) assign them to wasd on the keyboard input window
6) click save at the very top of the window to save changes

AFTERWARDS
1) enjoy playing tales of symphonia with a ps4 controller

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Mokinokaro posted:

None of them have online co-op for one. Local only.

So no.

Yeah I was talking about couch co-op anyway, so that doesn't bother me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I finished Mad Max and wow, everything goes way south in the last few missions of the game. I know it's a prequel to Fury Road and it can't end with a happy, family man Max but still, holy poo poo.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I hate to bust in here all first-world problems and all but I have some Steam wallet money sitting idle and I'm torn on picking up The Long Dark or Sniper Elite 4. I play a good amount of survival/sim/crafting games and have played Sniper Elite v2 and 3 and enjoyed both, but liked v2 more than 3 for some reason. I realize the two are apples and oranges but I'm having a hard time choosing.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Samuringa posted:

I finished Mad Max and wow, everything goes way south in the last few missions of the game. I know it's a prequel to Fury Road and it can't end with a happy, family man Max but still, holy poo poo.

The end is VERY Mad Max.
The first one. It gets really goddamn intense, and I love it for it.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Good a place to ask as any I guess, please direct me if theres somewhere better. Whats the best way to go about creating a twitch overlay? I really wanna get more involved in it and everyone else has these fancy overlays with space for chat and all that stuff. I see some guides on just making my own overlay with an image editor but I dont see how that would give me those sorts of features. Plus I'm loving awful at anything to do with graphics. If its possible to be able to just use this with Shadowplay thats what I'd prefer

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The d-pad works in other games.

Use InputMapper.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

codo27 posted:

Good a place to ask as any I guess, please direct me if theres somewhere better. Whats the best way to go about creating a twitch overlay? I really wanna get more involved in it and everyone else has these fancy overlays with space for chat and all that stuff. I see some guides on just making my own overlay with an image editor but I dont see how that would give me those sorts of features. Plus I'm loving awful at anything to do with graphics. If its possible to be able to just use this with Shadowplay thats what I'd prefer

It won't help with creating the actual graphics for you, but OBS is good for setting your layouts up and such.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Too Shy Guy posted:

Hollow Knight is on sale again and just got the first of three (!) free content updates which added new bosses, a new fast travel system, and other surprises. I really, really think you should get it.

hollow knight is dope as gently caress and polished as hell

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

duckfarts posted:

hollow knight is dope as gently caress and polished as hell

Except for the stuttering. They really dropped the ball on this one.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Blattdorf posted:

Except for the stuttering. They really dropped the ball on this one.

Is this a common thing? I haven't experienced stuttering in it

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

duckfarts posted:

I'm doing the final trial in the Colloseum and it's drat annoying. I even have the game on my SSD, but it doesn't really help.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

duckfarts posted:

Neither and my computer isn't even that good.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Deakul posted:

Fallout 4 also has the worst open world I've ever seen in a Bethesda game. You basically only have 2 major settlements with npcs and the rest of the world is just ghoul infested small settlements or you have to effectively reconstruct the world and it's economy using a terrible and super tedious ui.

Fallout 4's "settlement" thing is an awesome idea, as an idea, as in, an idea for an entirely different game. I don't care how short you make the pop-up distance, it's not a settlement if there's another settlement three hundred loving feet away.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
different series, maybe. you could easily distinguish your settlement from nearby ones in most other games because it would get baller af, skyscrapers in sci-fi and castle spires in fantasy. in a setting like fallout where the tallest common building bethesda wants to design is a two-story shack, what are you gonna do, make a fuckin four story shack? who gives a poo poo, it's still made out of ancient, rusting galvanized steel and the interior of every house looks like it was nuked a week ago

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Do we have a mostly dead "co-op with goons" thread hanging around somewhere? If not, is it worth creating one? Goons are notorious for being absolutely fantastic partners in co-op and multiplayer, after all.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I think the discord server has more or less replaced that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Does anybody know anything about this crazy looking nonsense? Mostly black and white Aztec themed beat'em'up/boardgame? I could be down for that if it's, y'know, actually good.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I think the discord server has more or less replaced that.
Was ist das, and where do you find it?

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Discord is like IRC and Ventrilo had an HTML5 baby. Check your PMs for an invite.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Gigantic trip report: That was really fun! Worth checking out for sure.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The White Dragon posted:

if you have ds4, ghetto mode it.

IN GAME
1) in key rebind, assign ↑←↓→ to the keyboard
2) for the sake of this tutorial, let's say wasd

IN DS4WINDOWS
1) open ds4
2) select the Profiles tab
3) double-click your current profile to open a big window with a picture of a ds4 on it
4) in the bottom-left corner, next to Touchpad, double-click Up, Down, Left or Right
5) assign them to wasd on the keyboard input window
6) click save at the very top of the window to save changes

AFTERWARDS
1) enjoy playing tales of symphonia with a ps4 controller

Thanks for the idea; looks like it would work. It actually turns out that the game works perfectly without DS4Windows(:confused:) so I guess problem solved.

thehoodie posted:

Use InputMapper.

Is this preferred over DS4Windows nowadays?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Grimoire actually came out!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Nuramor posted:

Is there any reason to not get the two Ground Control games in a pack for 3.05€?

Ground Control 2 is a fine game, kind of a self contained, perfectly playable, above average product. But Ground Control 1 was phenomenal. Not the story...is there even a story? I can't remember. It's a real time strategy with a lot of emphasis on utilizing terrain; you don't have resources and there's no base building. It's all about positioning and quick thinking. It's really good; I compare it with Myth. It's kind of a sci-fi Myth. If you've never played Myth, go play Myth (not Myth 3)!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:3:

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

I don't see how that is worth $39.99 .But wait if you buy now its only $35.99

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Ironically, I think my gf is going to go with The Sims 2. What are the best "build a town/city" games on Steam?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Azran posted:

Ironically, I think my gf is going to go with The Sims 2. What are the best "build a town/city" games on Steam?

Cities Skyline, Tropico, Banished

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

Anno 1404/DoD. Zeus/Poseidon is pretty great too, if oldschool.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 4, 2017

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Azran posted:

Cities Skyline. I'm playing Anno 2205 right now and it is also worth considering. It's less on point with the actual city mechanics(having to consider carefully where you place roads for services like schools, trash etc) but it has more diverse content than Cities and a somewhat different emphasis.

I feel like I'm missing something wrt Banished. I played it for about 10 hours and it was fun for that long, but it didn't feel like it had an end game. It seemed like there was also a lot less management than there is with something like Cities, which could be bad or good depending on who you are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, that's basically what it is. The developer is really good, but he basically built what he wanted to build and that was it. Once you get past scarcity the only thing left is expansion of the same basic building blocks, since you're not locked out of anything except by construction materials, so there's little to no incentive to 'tinker' with your layout or vary production rather than just bolt more on the side as you go.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I've been sick this whole week and had to pick between daytime television and random twitch.tv streams in order to not lose my mind from boredom and learned about some games that weren't really on my radar before. One of them, Dead by Daylight, however, seems to be taking a lot of flak for community and metagame aspects from what I can see. Is it really a bad game or does it just have an easily agitated playerbase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
It's bad. It started off promising but update after update has completely messed up the balance and the exploit-y parts of the meta were never addressed.

There's a thread for it here, the last few pages should tell you more.