Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

smenj posted:

I have a 3570K but I'm still running it at stock clocks because I didn't realise that pretty much none of the affordable non-stock coolers fit in my case properly (or, at least, none of the ones available at the time did). I keep meaning to get that sorted, but to be honest I've had very few games where my CPU's been the limiting factor (GTA V, maybe?), so I've never bothered. I guess I'll just get a new case when I finally upgrade, but my 970/3570K's been more than enough for 1080p for years now, and I'm certainly not dropping a bunch of cash on a new monitor anytime soon, so :shrug:

Did wind up having to swap out the CPU when I put in the 970 since 8 years ago I bought like the cheapest AMD quad-core processor available so the card outpaced it. My PC is well on its way to being The PC of Theseus with all the stuff I've replaced/upgraded and obviously the best megaman game is the first X but I like X2 also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've only played the gba versions but yeah unless you're looking to refight the zero 3 and 4 bosses in zx1 or hook zero 3 up to a copy of battle network, that's probably a good way to play it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should put X1 on switch and the only thing they change is that you can dash from moment one and I would buy it

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Really a shame the Zero games were stuck on the GBA's teeny screen

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

In Training posted:

They should put X1 on switch and the only thing they change is that you can dash from moment one and I would buy it

Instead they put it on PSP and hid the dash. :thumbsup:

(Maverick Hunter X is a bad game)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

for me it's worse because i assembled 95% of my new rig reusing the old case from my last pc and just used my old graphics card while waiting for my new one to arrive, then when the card arrived earlier this week i found out it doesn't fit in the old case. so this is the second time i'm doing it.

They put the measurements of the card and case on the store pages. I was so paranoid about this happening to me that I didn't buy my video card until I confirmed three different build reports including photographs that my card + case would fit together

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I like that the Zero games have really crazy unlockables, you gotta do some crazy dumb stuff to get ultimate mode unlocked on those games.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My favorite Mega Man is probably MM3, followed by X1, followed by X4

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I went ahead and played through Wasted since I got it in that Adult Swim pack, and boy, there really isn't anything there, is there? There's like, no game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I somehow managed to fail state Breath of Fire III at the Shisu bullshit section. The NPCs didn't mention anything about how to make it and none of the games are flagged. Had to use an earlier save and made the worst Shisu he would accept after failing it once.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I somehow managed to fail state Breath of Fire III at the Shisu bullshit section. The NPCs didn't mention anything about how to make it and none of the games are flagged. Had to use an earlier save and made the worst Shisu he would accept after failing it once.

That sucks, sorry dude. I'm glad you're playing BoF3 though, it's a great game.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It's funny to go back and play Anticipation on the NES for shits and giggles because even though 8 bit pictionary cant exactly be complex there are times where I'm just starting at the screen and trying to figure what in the gently caress the game is trying to draw haha

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

littleorv posted:

I've been trying to finish Yakuza 0 before Kiwami comes out at the end of the month and I've been having a pretty good time. Enjoying the story way more than I expected.

Yakuza games are real good bro

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They put the measurements of the card and case on the store pages. I was so paranoid about this happening to me that I didn't buy my video card until I confirmed three different build reports including photographs that my card + case would fit together

good news i did this and the new case wouldn't initially fit my new card either

i say initially because it turns out cheap chinese 3.5" bays are pretty loving easy to bend out of the way in anger

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Thanks to this thread I just bought the Zero collection. I only ever played 1, glad to hear they get better.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Good soup! posted:

It's funny to go back and play Anticipation on the NES for shits and giggles because even though 8 bit pictionary cant exactly be complex there are times where I'm just starting at the screen and trying to figure what in the gently caress the game is trying to draw haha
The only thing more memorable than the music in that game, is the very poor quality screeching sound when you make a mistake.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't think I could ever play Zero 1 without save states but 3 and 4 are legitimately great games and Megaman fans should try them.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I've been pretty down on Path of Exile in the past but if I'm reading it right their new patch kills the 'beat the game 3 times over' system in favor of one long story, which sounds great. I've always hated the idea that you have to beat the game to unlock the real game, and I think a lot of these games, honestly d2 included, are worse for it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/892744246251331588/pu/vid/1280x720/xRshOlRY5ZNGWhPA.mp4

Worlds collide.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh the greatest reason for zero games after the first one is basically everything to do with omega zero. he's probably the best final boss in any mega man game ever made, in a series that already spawned and would later spawn the second and third best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOlHuDVz1Ys

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
New avatar in preparation for the best 2D platformer in many, many years. It is adorable.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
So apparently if you play the Shadow Tactics demo on PS4 then buy the full game it doesn't flip the "purchased" switch and now it won't let me past the second stage. The "X to Continue" is greyed out, and even after deleting the game and re downloading it it comes up as the demo version. I've purged it again, including the save files, and it's downloading for a third time now.

It's very frustrating

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 4, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the ff15 multiplayer beta is out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

well. it's 2017, who's your fursona

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
here my furbsona

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Fursonas are so 2005, I have a bugsona

(get Hollow Knight, it's good)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's ten bucks right now so maybe

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I have a humasona that's a 42 year old Costco cashier named Lloyd. Check out my deviantart for the art I've commissioned of him and I have some photos of me in my human suit at FleshCon 2016 on my instagram.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

New avatar in preparation for the best 2D platformer in many, many years. It is adorable.

Shovel Knight isn't that old, especially not its two expansions

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

Shovel Knight isn't that old, especially not its two expansions

Shovel Knight is good but Sonic Mania is going to be better.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hey, First Aid Kite, thanks for giving me the heads-up about this robot kit! It's fun to put together so far. :D

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Summing a Fursona

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm glad some people can enjoy the classic-style Sonic games, because I don't see the appeal in them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Also is there a toy thread somewhere in this forum? I know there's model painting in trad games and gunpla in ADTRW but where do I go to talk to goons about my cool new robot toy?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm really uncomfortable with the one in the bottom row on the left. It looks like a shmorky pic about furries in a game marketed towards kids...

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Also:

corn in the bible posted:

Yakuza games are real good bro

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm really uncomfortable with [...] furries in a game marketed towards kids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no point worrying about Splatoon when there's two new Sonic games out this year and one lets you make your own OC.

• Locked thread