Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

purple death ray posted:

Well that was sure two hundred new posts about Twitter gossip and untagged TAZ spoilers. Never change, forums dot something awful dot com.

Maybe don't read the TAZ thread if you haven't listened to TAZ nearly a week after it was released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Apparently wires got crossed and there's another Nick Robinson involved with the BBC who cheated on his wife? I don't even know.

the actual people in game dev/journalism and their associates who are referencing nick robinson are not talking about the politician

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

wow can't believe that nick robinson is a holocaust denier smh

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

did you know that nick robinson sneaks in a subliminal "9/11 was an inside job" into every episode of cool games inc? what is the world coming to

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Really the biggest revelation here is that Nick Robinson is the most powerful man on the planet. He's completely untouchable!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

newest rose buddies is surprisingly interesting, they're covering the tv shows baby Henry watches and what they think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BABIES IN THE HOUSE

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I need rose buddies to cover the Great British Baking Show/Bake Off

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
becoming a podcast about whatever random show griffin and rachel watched last night is absolutely the right direction for rose buddies

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I miss the satellite dish

"Cmon sydnee give us that DISH, does the entertainment weekly gossip section have anything about my coworker being a predator yet?"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Okay there's probably something there. Hbomberguy made the closest thing I've seen to a definitive statement that ends up feeling substantiated.

https://curiouscat.me/Hbomberguy/post/189422651?t=1501850192

uh ohhhhhh

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
lol

I can't believe he's a furry.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

He's also a member of these forums and has posted in this thread once so

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
can we just wait until literally anyone has more to say than ten versions of 'it's not my thing to say BUT it also will totally validate all these vague rumors I won't acknowledge' because somehow we've now gone from 'send nudes' to 'Nick beats off to fox girls' all from people who explicitly have said they're not actually involved.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So he's a furry. That's underwhelming.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

So he's a furry. That's underwhelming.

if the big reveal about all this was just 'Nick maybe was a bit too open about a weird but not harmful fetish and creeped a few people out who just kinda didn't like it' it'd be the most internet thing we've had in a while.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Waiting for someone involved to confirm that he sent nudes to Krystal.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah if it's just he's a thirsty furry then this is possibly the least impactful revelation I can think of? Was the constant Sonic The Hedgehog content not a clue?

edit: the fact that this is all being discussed openly is kinda weird. Trial by Twitter is a real problem these days - more & more people are echoing that it's an "open secret" that dude's a creeper, but there's no actual proof or statements being made. If he is harassing or manipulating people, that's not OK and needs to stop, but there's a big difference between "abusing and manipulating" and "hitting on girls who work in the same industry as you" and I'm not sure that Twitter as a whole is able to understand.

well why not fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 4, 2017

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Please Nick, just don't be a juggler...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't believe Nick is a Juggalo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I don't think nick being a furry has anything to do with these accusations. It's only coming up because when he posted the Krystal tweet femfreq called him out and a few other games press people did this same vague tweeting about the other accusations.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead
That comment has literally nothing to do with Nick being a fury; reread the final paragraph closely. It's about people getting upset with Nick having this known reputation for misconduct with women and then tweeting sex jokes.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Nick would never say something sexual that he didn't mean in the pursuit of twitter comedy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My uncle at Nintendo said that Nick asked him for nude Krystals on Twitter.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

well why not posted:

edit: the fact that this is all being discussed openly is kinda weird. Trial by Twitter is a real problem these days - more & more people are echoing that it's an "open secret" that dude's a creeper, but there's no actual proof or statements being made. If he is harassing or manipulating people, that's not OK and needs to stop, but there's a big difference between "abusing and manipulating" and "hitting on girls who work in the same industry as you" and I'm not sure that Twitter as a whole is able to understand.

It's not that weird at all. We're talking about a semi-public situation where there's some obvious grievance running in the back channels and they boiled over yesterday with some people taking public shots at him, and plenty of good people who would be privy to more details publicly acknowledged and boosted those messages, indicating that they're likely justified in some form.

I understand the immediate reaction is to what to know all the details and demand evidence, but... literally like half the threads related to this are about why people aren't publishing evidence.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I think it's entirely believable that someone in their mid-20s would engage in stupid, predatory behavior and continue to do so if they didn't see any consequences for it. I also think gaming—perhaps more than anything outside of, like, entertainment or politics—is wrapped up in a perfect storm of circumstances (extremely small and insular professional industry with a massive following of very engaged, passionate, and often emotionally irresponsible individuals) ripe for forcing victims to keep quiet for fear of being branded and blackballed. It's not as simple as "why isn't there any proof," just like it's not as simple as "well, if people are accusing him, he definitely did it."

I think it's telling that some of the more outspoken folks about this on Twitter weren't saying Nick needs to be fired and locked up so much as just, "hey, it'd be really nice if he stopped this bullshit." That doesn't strike me as witch hunt behavior.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 4, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Nick Robinson's fandom is intimidating people to stay quiet.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I know he does like female selfies on Twitter a lot, so that lends a little more credence to the matter. That said, people should just say what they mean to say instead of doing this cliquish Mean-Girls rumor mill "I know somebody who knows someone who" malarkey.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i cant believe nick robinson was looking on craigslist for people to charge his j/o krystal

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If only Nick would use his infinite power to silence people for the side of good, and not for the side of furries.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Chieves posted:

I know he does like female selfies on Twitter a lot, so that lends a little more credence to the matter. That said, people should just say what they mean to say instead of doing this cliquish Mean-Girls rumor mill "I know somebody who knows someone who" malarkey.

That's complicated, though. Plenty of people have stories, and plenty more have heard stories ... but the people who have stories are afraid to share 'em for fear of putting a target on their back (which is not at all unreasonable), and the people who have heard stories don't want to share 'em because those stories aren't theirs to tell. I've seen a few people come right out and say it without beating around the bush, but I don't know if they're directly involved or just reading between the lines.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Nick Robinson's fandom is intimidating people to stay quiet.

I broke someone's kneecaps with my giant cheeto today

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chieves posted:

I mean I like selfies on Twitter all the time because getting your selfie liked is a good feeling.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Liking people's selfies on twitter lends a lot of credence to this person being a sex criminal, imho

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

*smashes MF like button*
*camera swings around to reveal i'm literally a catholic bishop*

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Serf posted:

I mean I like selfies on Twitter all the time because getting your selfie liked is a good feeling.

But they weren't his wife's!!!!!!!!!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nick once saw a woman, this proves he is literally Jeffery Dahmer (except for women).

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Serf posted:

I hope they lock you away for a long time, you monster.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Chieves posted:

But they weren't his wife's!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still trying to process this allegation that Nick has a wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
"To an outsider it looked like people over-reacting to a silly comment. But in reality a lot of people, who knew, but clearly thought better than to be the first one to say anything specific, really weren't taking 'everyone is sexual in the exact way as me' jokes from someone who behaves like that. It was a collective "we aren't all like you, Nick", but not everyone knew what he was like."

it shocks me to think hbomberguy could be talking out of his own rear end, but this seems like revisionist history to me