Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

Continuing to play them is. Don't you have anything better to do?

:lol:

Instead of showing your ignorance, maybe you should actually check people's stats first; I have one of the lowest IW play time in the thread precisely because I have better things to do.

Also, it's really sad that I have to remind someone that's played as much as you the core rule of multiplayer:

Never play alone, only play with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like Call of Duty :D

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Same. I just hate IW, but I love playing with goons.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 28, 2017

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

:lol:

Instead of showing your ignorance, maybe you should actually check people's stats first; I have one of the lowest IW play time in the thread precisely because I have better things to do.

Also, it's really sad that I have to remind someone that's played as much as you the core rule of multiplayer:

Never play alone, only play with goons.

I'm only second Prestige, so I got you beat there.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, I said one of, not the lowest. :glomp:

Also, I've mentioned this before, but I wasn't going to play IW this year.
A goon bought it for me, so I'm giving it my best effort.
And as Don Williams says, "It's the only game in town"; I either play IW, or I don't play any CoD at all right now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

On the bright side, I think there's a special with the Summer Crates? Need confirmation but like Weeks 1-4 are available again until the 1st. If true, :siren: loving pull for RAINBOWNED Camo and the AK47 thingy right now, shits dupe protected now.:siren:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Facetious posted:

A goon bought it for me, so I'm giving it my best effort.

note to thread: don't make this mistake again in the future

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

widespread posted:

On the bright side, I think there's a special with the Summer Crates? Need confirmation but like Weeks 1-4 are available again until the 1st. If true, :siren: loving pull for RAINBOWNED Camo and the AK47 thingy right now, shits dupe protected now.:siren:

Shots always been dude protected, friend. This game cares about its players.

Edit: I don’t see week 1-4 though, just 5 right now.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 29, 2017

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, I said one of, not the lowest. :glomp:

It's me: The person with the lowest play time who has played this garbage fire of a game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Toast you are missed. Come back for DLC4 and the return of Extinction.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
God no. Coming back for extinction would require me to spend even more money on this game and the initial cost of playing was too much.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just had a game where I had more kills than the rest of everyone else in the party. Combined. :smug:

9-7, they forfeited

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Someone needs to explain to me why my accuracy in IW is less than half of what it has been for every CoD in the last ten years.

They also need to explain why my accuracy for burst weapons is same as it has been historically, plus or minus three percent.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

Someone needs to explain to me why my accuracy in IW is less than half of what it has been for every CoD in the last ten years.

They also need to explain why my accuracy for burst weapons is same as it has been historically, plus or minus three percent.

Because it's a loving garbage fire. Duh.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The game’s breakneck fast pace is too much for you, old man.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They can halve my accuracy
They can run ten tic servers
They can constantly flip the spawns
They can have pay to win guns
They can remove Canadian servers
They can have Terminal come up every other map

But they can't stop my KD from going up. :kamina:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Shots always been dude protected, friend. This game cares about its players.

Edit: I don’t see week 1-4 though, just 5 right now.

It might be after Week 5, even though one of the leaked pics of it said through August 1st.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
If the sway on the Gauss Gun drives you up the wall too, I just found out that the high-zoom mode on the VMC sight (almost?) completely eliminates it. Once again, the Scout Hybrid doesn't get the same thing in its high-zoom mode, continuing its undefeated streak for the title of Worst Optic. Between that and the patch that increased the range for the single-shot variants and the charge damage bonus for the burst variants, I think it's now in the realm of usability.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If anyone gets on to splay this dumb game send me an invite, I don't think I can tolerate solo so I'll be playing something else.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I would but like... I tried solo AND conservative playing and it felt not good.

So I'mma just get Titanfall 2 installing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TF2 is bad. IW good. I might get on after El Clasico.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Apparently there's a five-wave thingus in TF2 that is... actually pretty fun.

Also some poo poo about a 7th Titan.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I dunno what you are all arguing about, but I'm back from vacation and willing to shoot people in either game

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I will be home and wanting to shoot the mens tonight as well.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh... remember when that thing that got leaked about the Summer Wrap-Up poo poo?

It's fuckin' live now. 45 keys for THREE DUPE PROTECTED SUMMER ITEMS.

And here's the kicker, if you have everything already, You're gonna get that Epic-tier Dupe Salvage. 600 salvage for 45 keys if you're a whale and/or keyhoarder you get everything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So basically if you spent 2160 keys in the previous 4 weeks you can now get 600 salvage per 45 keys?

What a steal!

(no thanks).

I won't even have time to finish up my zombie bounties for those 50 keys :rip:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So basically if you spent 2160 keys in the previous 4 weeks you can now get 600 salvage per 45 keys?

What a steal!

(no thanks).

I won't even have time to finish up my zombie bounties for those 50 keys :rip:

Lookit this nerd who doesn't do their bounties in the first day or so, HA.

(Fun fact: There are some bullshit challenges in the zombie bounties, so I understand why it'll suck to even try for the keys sometimes.)

Also some math for you: You would have to spend 2700 keys actually over the five weeks. Now, since it's 90 crates total and you now get THREE per pull, you'd NOW only have to pull 30 crates to get everything assuming you never pulled anything this last month.

That's only like... 1350 keys for everything from a fresh start. Subtract however much you bothered to spend chasing ballistic Volk RAINBOWNED CAMO and it could be a lot smoother.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Triple play contract is up again for Blops 3, so grab that if you want to very slowly earn your way to a guaranteed ranged weapon.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I put my code in for ww2 cod beta.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JackGeneric posted:

Triple play contract is up again for Blops 3, so grab that if you want to very slowly earn your way to a guaranteed ranged weapon.

On the other better COD there's a triple play package. 400 keys for for 10 boxes, a QR-MSTR collection hack and I think a Mk. 2 Epic hack. There's also a legendary or better AR hack you can buy for 1000 salvage (3 times max).

Both seem like pretty good deal, though I'm not sure the triple play stuff is dupe protected.

EDIT: The Mk. 2 Epic is dupe-protected at least. Got the G-Rail Legendary from the QR-MASTER hack and the Proteus Polarity from the Mk. 2. Epic snipe/shotgun aaaaaaaaw yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 5, 2017

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Sweet, just as I was about out of guns I cared to spend salvage on, they do a deal that nets me the Warsight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JackGeneric posted:

Sweet, just as I was about out of guns I cared to spend salvage on, they do a deal that nets me the Warsight.

I hate you SO MUCH right now.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

JackGeneric posted:

Welcome to the "Very loving Useful Optic" Club, buddy.

I had 2k salvage so I bought two of the AR Hacks. One got me the nuke R3K (with bonus dupe Type 2 thing), and the other got me the very loving good and not lame Type-2 Butcher Variant that gives you akimbo shotguns instead of akimbo SMGs.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zombies is so much better now that there's hitmarkers. I actually like playing it now that I know I'm hitting, and can gauge latency with visual loving feedback for once.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Zombies is so much better now that there's hitmarkers. I actually like playing it now that I know I'm hitting, and can gauge latency with visual loving feedback for once.

And to think, all it took was a few Master Prestige Garbosticks to get yer feet wet.

But yeah, IWZombies trades deep story for quality of life things. Consider at least DLC3 for Elvira purposes.

Edit: Oh, and for Blops 3, DLC1 has that big honkin' castle.

widespread fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 5, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IW Zombies is straight up fun zombies with needlessly complicated EE if you want to go down that rabbit hole. Shaolin Shuffle's EE is not easy but has by far the best reward out of all the maps.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to actually get the AR hacks. Got the R3KT (Already had the MK 2) and Volk Goliath out of it. I'll definitely give the Goliath a try when I get back to playing this. The R3KT I kinda love and hate. It's a laser gun with little to no recoil but the rate of fire is just a hair too slow for my taste. I'm also kinda biased against energy weapons since poo poo like the Trencher and Yokai exist.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

IW Zombies is straight up fun zombies with needlessly complicated EE if you want to go down that rabbit hole. Shaolin Shuffle's EE is not easy but has by far the best reward out of all the maps.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to actually get the AR hacks. Got the R3KT (Already had the MK 2) and Volk Goliath out of it. I'll definitely give the Goliath a try when I get back to playing this. The R3KT I kinda love and hate. It's a laser gun with little to no recoil but the rate of fire is just a hair too slow for my taste. I'm also kinda biased against energy weapons since poo poo like the Trencher and Yokai exist.

The only thing the Goliath has over the M1 is magazine capacity. Worse rate of fire, marginally worse ADS time with Quickdraw, and you will actually hit the 3-shot range with the Goliath in gameplay. And the problem with the "high damage, low rate of fire" guns in IW is that the RAW outclasses all of them, plus you don't have to pay significant movement and handling penalties to use the RAW.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Got the chainfist, the Galil and the HLX in the triple play. Galil is... hit or miss for me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's a less accurate HVK; give it a pass.

A pathetic facsimile of God's Chosen Weapon™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The AR hack dropped me a Volk Corruption, which I was going to make anyways AND the epic gauss rifle, which I am looking forward to being terrible with.

• Locked thread