Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Frankie is going to get mega murdered lets be frank.....ie about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

big money big clit posted:

Yair got hyped up for beating A 50 year old BJ Penn. Holloway is going to beat Frankie up.

It was that (sick) knockout of Andre Fili that hyped him up

It'd be surprising if Frankie vs Max was a bad fight so I'm down for it regardless of result

mewse
May 2, 2006

The liberator whose name is Lowtax freed us from the despotic Fatherdog, we don't have to prove our devotion to New Jersey fighters anymore

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Hollowly is good but so is frankie so I will watch that fight

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'd love it if they gave Jon Jones a chance to beat the poo poo out of Hamill again and Hamill threw the greatest punch of all time and sparked Jones Conor Aldo style.
people should be comparing matt hamill to conor mcgregor more, imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yair was a boiling hot prospect but a prospect isn't the finished deal, it didn't mean he was actually elite level at that point.

People were surprised they were feeding him to Edgar so early because he was such a hot prospect and Edgar was going to put a dampener on it.

i remember most people picking yair, was he the betting favorite?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Holloway is gonna win

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Holloway is gonna win

i agree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://gfycat.com/VelvetyPortlyBlacknorwegianelkhound

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 4, 2017

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I love Frankie but Max Stockton slapped Aldo, so I don't know who to root for

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://puu.sh/x1Flo/f6f3634c9a.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like to think that Max Holloway is an apology for Tyron Woodley.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Max Holloway owns.

https://twitter.com/MMATodayNews/status/893555039070937089

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 4, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

so sick god drat

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

God I hate seeing Rose get beat up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Frankie Edgar who couldn't figure a way to do anything but get trounced by Aldo in two fights is certainly going to maul the guy who beat the poo poo out of Aldo for two and a half rounds before finishing hum.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Frankie Edgar who couldn't figure a way to do anything but get trounced by Aldo in two fights is certainly going to maul the guy who beat the poo poo out of Aldo for two and a half rounds before finishing hum.

Is this ironically being posted a page or two after someone pointed out the faults in MMAth or do you honestly believe this?

Not to mention Aldo more than held his own for 2 rounds. It's almost like people don't watch fi.... oh yeah.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Speaking of featherweight, Aldo is in the States training with Robert Garcia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fiWnKsEDsY&t=9s

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

RIP

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bisping vs GSP and Joanna vs Thug Rose on the same card? C'est incroyable.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:smith:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I like how even when doing this dumb macho poo poo Holloway slips Lamas' punches and lands more.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If bisping beats GSP he's the goat.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

is this where you delusional idiots start talking about frankie edgar again

Well Stipe is number 4 and I think a whole boatload of LW and FTW are better than him, Cyborg, Nunes, and Woodley.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mewse posted:

Bisping vs GSP and Joanna vs Thug Rose on the same card? C'est incroyable.

Cody Garbrandt targeting UFC 217 return

loving hell this could be insane.

Say what you will about Cody's antics outside the octagon - and I've said my share as well - he's really super fun to watch inside it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Frankie Edgar is a better fighter than Cyborg.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mmmmm, I love it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

Well Stipe is number 4 and I think a whole boatload of LW and FTW are better than him, Cyborg, Nunes, and Woodley.

These discussions occasionally remind me that some people track MMA ELO scores. They're a seriously flawed ranking system, but they bring forgotten names back into the discussion.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/pound-for-pound/

I would argue that Benavidez should be above Cyborg and Woodley on a list like that. The guy has been #2 in his division for 5 years and his only career losses are to Mighty Mouse and Cruz.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Fight matrix is infallible because it consistently ranked Misaki highly

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rest in peace, Rose. :smith:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Bobby Knuckles says he might have been able to make UFC 214, but he's not bothered by waiting for the GSP fight

quote:

Whittaker said he isn't upset. He said he does not believe St-Pierre, a former welterweight champion who hasn't fought since 2013, deserves a title shot at 185-pounds -- which, in a strange way, makes it easier to live with.

In other words, no one is jumping him in line. He's just being asked to step aside for a money fight. And he's not going to waste energy getting annoyed at that.

"Michael Bisping's whole life is a film scene. He's always acting," Whittaker laughed. "Confronting me at UFC 213, it makes me laugh. It's a bit clownish. You can't try to show someone up like that, and then go fight someone else. It just looks stupid.

"Georges isn't even in this division. It's not as if someone in the top 10 is jumping the queue. This is a money fight. That's exactly what it is. It doesn't bother me. People are going to do what they want. I can't get upset if it doesn't work out to my plans, because let's face it, the UFC is a roller coaster."
if he was fighting anyone but my beautiful boy next, I would love him

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Whittaker is cool af

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I believe in you Rose.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 5, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Masvidal vs lawler woul loving own and so would masvidal vs Wonderboy. Who should Robbie fight next?

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 5, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All of these fights sound amazing. When 50% of them fail to materialise I'm going to be quite upset.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Whittaker rules, that mindset is fantastic.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Frankie's striking isn't that great without the threat of a takedown to back it up. He had a surprisingly competitive striking match with Charles Oliveira (who, to be fair, is twice as tall as him)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i love how frankie only lost to aldo by one round on at least one judge's scorecards in both fights and people are treating it like a pathetic blowout.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

i love how frankie only lost to aldo by one round on at least one judge's scorecards in both fights and people are treating it like a pathetic blowout.

"only lost by one round" overstates how competitive both fights were. the first had one clear Frankie round and two close rounds, and the second had a couple close-ish rounds, but Aldo really clearly won both fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Because by the end of the second fight it had become a pathetic blowout.

• Locked thread