Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Out of all the Rock-types only Nihilego, Tyranitar and Mega Tyranitar are OU... Presumably Mega Diancie will be as well, but that isn't legally available yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Avalerion posted:

What should the potential third Lycanroc evo need to get make it good?

three rockruffs stacked on each other in a trenchcoat and give it mimikyu's ability

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ruggington posted:

*i spit the toothpick out of the side of my mouth and look u dead in the eye*

it's a common misconception but rock is not weak to ice

I haven't played a Pokemon game in like eight years or something since I picked these two up, I'm not surprised I made that mistake. Rock/Ground always being combined has me all messed up.

Still weird that ice isn't' resistant to water.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

McDragon posted:

three rockruffs stacked on each other in a trenchcoat and give it mimikyu's ability

The greatest dog(s).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RareAcumen posted:

gamefreak kind of agrees and gave ice a move that's super effective against water

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Avalerion posted:

What should the potential third Lycanroc evo need to get make it good?

Technician, Accelrock and base 130 attack.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

RareAcumen posted:

Ice killed Game Freak's mother, so they have an eternal grudge against it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm working my way through Moon right now, and I've more or less completely ignored Festival Plaza. Is there anything in particular I would need it for? Seems pretty useless.

less laughter posted:

Ice killed Game Freak's mother, so they have an eternal grudge against it.

Ice is a tragically underused/undervalued type in Pokemon, which I've never really gotten over. Ice Pokemon are some of my favorites, but they're neither common nor typically useful. It sucks.

I still love my Glaceon and Froslass though :(

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

I'm working my way through Moon right now, and I've more or less completely ignored Festival Plaza. Is there anything in particular I would need it for? Seems pretty useless.

Ice is a tragically underused/undervalued type in Pokemon, which I've never really gotten over. Ice Pokemon are some of my favorites, but they're neither common nor typically useful. It sucks.

I still love my Glaceon and Froslass though :(

I've been sad about this since Articuno, who has always been the best bird.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well I think basically all the online stuff is done through the Plaza, but there's nothing really important to do there itself unless you're minmaxing. Dye shops are cool at least, a couple of the events are neat

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

The plaza is where the trading system is hiding.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RareAcumen posted:

The plaza is where the trading system is hiding.

Jesus, is that where it is? What an awful place to put it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

OgreNoah posted:

I've been sad about this since Articuno, who has always been the best bird.

OTOH, the other Ice sub-legendary (Regice) was OU in its introductory gen

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Countblanc posted:

Lycanroc just needs pokebank to disappear forever so he has near-exclusive access to The Quiet Geodes again

I won the last pokemon tournament at my college lan with a lycanroc on my team because it was the least amount of effort I had to use to get stealth rock. But I think my pheromosa was slightly more responsible for my victory.

Pollyanna posted:

It exists so that fat kid who runs it can ask you if you like festival plaza before his trial and if you say no he's just like come on, dude.

Also a bunch of friends and I got it at a midnight release and one of them accidentally went there and was like wow this is pretty cool and just progressively got less excited about it until about five minutes later he was just like it won't let me leave. That was pretty funny

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 4, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Jesus, is that where it is? What an awful place to put it.

Yep. Open it up and as long as your bottom screen still works you can't miss it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I am Reverend posted:

I won the last pokemon tournament at my college lan with a lycanroc on my team because it was the least amount of effort I had to use to get stealth rock. But I think my pheromosa was slightly more responsible for my victory.

It exists so that fat kid who runs it can ask you if you like festival plaza before his trial and if you say no he's just like come on, dude.

Also a bunch of friends and I got it at a midnight release and one of them accidentally went there and was like wow this is pretty cool and just progressively got less excited about it until about five minutes later he was just like it won't let me leave. That was pretty funny

I like to imagine my player character mispronounces that dudes name as Sop-Hock-ells.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress did they do to fishing? All I get now are Magikarp.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
In hindsight these truly are the Pokémon equivalent of the cut dungeons from Wind Waker

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

less laughter posted:

In hindsight these truly are the Pokémon equivalent of the cut dungeons from Wind Waker

At most of the Kahunas we got were all cool though.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress did they do to fishing? All I get now are Magikarp.

Those are actually alolan magikarp and they evolve into all the other water types based on a combination of the time of day, the game you bought, their IVs, and their friendship level.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

less laughter posted:

OTOH, the other Ice sub-legendary (Regice) was OU in its introductory gen
Of course, that happened to be a generation before Gamefreak released a move that might as well have been called "gently caress Ice, Fire, Bug, and Flying types".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wont someone please think of the poor mega zards

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Having only just now started playing this game, it's pretty funny how heavily it hints towards the inevitable Gen 4 remakes. At least they're forthright about it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pollyanna posted:

Having only just now started playing this game, it's pretty funny how heavily it hints towards the inevitable Gen 4 remakes. At least they're forthright about it.

The upcoming 20th movie too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

At most of the Kahunas we got were all cool though.

I take this back, I thought she wasn't in the game at all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

I take this back, I thought she wasn't in the game at all.

To be fair she is almost non-existent in the game even if her bit time is great.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Countblanc posted:

ok

i think they're dumb

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

have mercy on god-king-of-z-moves volcarona :'(

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just finished my Alola dex today, yaaay. First time I've bothered to actually catch all the Mons in a game since waaaay back in Red/Blue.

I still think it's kinda odd that Rock and Ground are two separate types and not just rolled together.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/893743121921695744

It's some news???

Guess I'll need to make a new thread soon. And we were nearly at 1000 pages too...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crosspeice posted:

It's some news???

Guess I'll need to make a new thread soon. And we were nearly at 1000 pages too...

Do we need one? This thread isn't even a year old yet and we're still definitely in Gen 7.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

It's some news???

we don't need a new thread, and also this blurry rear end picture is impossible to tell anything about

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Fan mockups based on the CoroCoro picture:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

is that not just the shadow one already

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It's Midnight and Midday mixed. Since this new form evolves at the time of day right in the middle of those.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oddium posted:

is that not just the shadow one already

Yeah, but without the crazy face

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the third form should be chopper's monster point

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zore posted:

Do we need one? This thread isn't even a year old yet and we're still definitely in Gen 7.

mandatory lesbian posted:

we don't need a new thread, and also this blurry rear end picture is impossible to tell anything about

Eh, I'm 50-50 on it. I suppose it's less work for me to keep it as is, though I think I'll get a namechange.

In about 8 or so hours Pokenchi will air with Ohmori appearing. More than likely they want to announce what's in Corocoro before the magazine leaks, which they've done quite a few times before during SM.

oddium posted:

the third form should be chopper's monster point

Save that for Mega Lycanroc.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Looks like Sun/Moon is the first game in a while where the two box legendaries aren't part of a trio. When was the last time that was the case? Gold/Silver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pollyanna posted:

Looks like Sun/Moon is the first game in a while where the two box legendaries aren't part of a trio.

They're a trio with Necrozma.

less laughter posted:

Solgaleo - sun: emits light
Lunala - moon: reflects light
Necrozma - prism: refracts light

ergo they're the light trio