Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pokemon? Lazy? No way.

Edit: I had no idea this was coming out in November. I thought this was something coming out like next year given how much we know about it. The gently caress.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They really need to drop a new trailer soon.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wow! i thought this guy was just making jokes on the internet but it looks like he actually does work at nintendo!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Coming this fall, an even worse way to redesign Pokemon from the creators of mega evolution and Alolan variants.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shneak posted:

Coming this fall, an even worse way to redesign Pokemon from the creators of mega evolution and Alolan variants.

how many asses in this thread do i have to kick

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

go back in time and introduce the concept of regional forms to gamefreak starting with gen 2. thank you

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Can someone explain to me why Game Freak/The Pokemon Company/whoever seems so dead set on making Lycanroc a thing? It's a super boring pokemon. One walks like a dog and one walks like a person, they have rocks stuck in their fur, the end. It's not terrible, and in an earlier generation it would have been pretty much par for the course, but since gen 7 is full of super cool and creative pokemon designs it really stands out as The Boring One. So what gives? Is it really big in Japan or something?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

it looks cool but i hope it actually gets a move or something

it'll learn earthquake

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All I want is more Pokemon on the level of Glaceon, Gardevoir, Lilligant, Tsareena, Tapu Lele, Lurantis, Mismagius, and the like.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ariong posted:

Can someone explain to me why Game Freak/The Pokemon Company/whoever seems so dead set on making Lycanroc a thing? It's a super boring pokemon. One walks like a dog and one walks like a person, they have rocks stuck in their fur, the end. It's not terrible, and in an earlier generation it would have been pretty much par for the course, but since gen 7 is full of super cool and creative pokemon designs it really stands out as The Boring One. So what gives? Is it really big in Japan or something?

:smugdog:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

All I want is more Pokemon on the level of Glaceon, Gardevoir, Lilligant, Tsareena, Tapu Lele, Lurantis, Mismagius, and the like.

is the level just being really overtly feminine?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ruggington posted:

is the level just being really overtly feminine?

Those are some of my favorites :saddowns:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Those are some of my favorites :saddowns:

they're all extremely good

much like all pokemen (the plural of pokeman)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can't build teams for poo poo so when I'm not trying to organize for type coverage my team is just a whole bunch of pretty ones.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well hello there Poochie.

This design looks a bit better in motion and from the side were you can see the super fluffy tail (awwwww), but it's not exactly exciting.

Let's hope the mechanics are good.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mistook this for a shiny midday lycanroc at first. Very underwhelming.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I can't build teams for poo poo so when I'm not trying to organize for type coverage my team is just a whole bunch of pretty ones.

there's nothing prettier than landorus t

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Pollyanna posted:

practice makes perfect

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

there's nothing prettier than landorus t

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please turn back into a weird cat, dad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man that is :effort:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

when he give u the look

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ariong posted:

Lucario was insanely popular, so Game Freak has been trying to remake Lucario for a while now, with very little success, first with Zoroark, and now with Lycanroc.

XY had Mega Lucario in that spot, so it didn't need to remake Lucario.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Lucario was insanely popular, so Game Freak has been trying to remake Lucario for a while now, with very little success, first with Zoroark, and now with Lycanroc.

I thought the Lycanroc line was just the requisite dog line like in every generation? Were they really trying to Lucario it?

Also Lucario loving sucks and I have no idea why people like it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Ariong posted:

I like Lycanroc a lot so I'm having a grand time being on the end of something celebrated by its creators. Sorry whatever your favorite Pokemon is obscure or unpopular.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

I thought the Lycanroc line was just the requisite dog line like in every generation? Were they really trying to Lucario it?

Also Lucario loving sucks and I have no idea why people like it.

It's because of furries.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cute wolf

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Countblanc posted:

it looks cool but i hope it actually gets a move or something

If it continues the theme of combining Midday and Midnight's powers, the thing that would make most sense as a signature move would be a Rock-type version of Sucker Punch, thereby combining Accelrock and Counter.

Which sounds terrifying tbh.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Only Gen 6 Kids Will Get This

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TFRazorsaw posted:

If it continues the theme of combining Midday and Midnight's powers, the thing that would make most sense as a signature move would be a Rock-type version of Sucker Punch, thereby combining Accelrock and Counter.

Which sounds terrifying tbh.

has nintendo just straight up added brand new moves in games that are compatible with older versions (ie x/y and oras) before? i assume whatever its new move is will just be something existent but currently unavailable, like uh, Flare Blitz or something

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Countblanc posted:

has nintendo just straight up added brand new moves in games that are compatible with older versions (ie x/y and oras) before? i assume whatever its new move is will just be something existent but currently unavailable, like uh, Flare Blitz or something

well, the new form for Lycanroc is already gonna be incompatible with older versions, so I'm not sure this scenario would be any different.

But yes, they have, with Primal Groudon and Kyogre's and Mega Rayquaza's signature moves in ORAS. If I remember correctly anyway.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Ariong posted:

What, you don't like dogs?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I guess. However, it's weird that they looked at the popularity of a magic dog man that uses kung fu superpowers to fire chi blasts at its enemies and thought "Oh, I guess they really like dogs!"

Willsun posted:

I like Lycanroc a lot so I'm having a grand time being on the end of something celebrated by its creators. Sorry whatever your favorite Pokemon is obscure or unpopular.

That is a weirdly defensive response to what I thought was a perfectly reasonable question. I don't dislike Lycanroc, I was just wondering why they were pushing it so hard. It's perfectly valid if Lycanroc is your favorite, and even if I hated Lycanroc, me disliking a pokemon you like is not a personal slight against you. Jeez.

dungeon cousin posted:

What, you don't like dogs?

Lycanroc is a good dog, but only an OK pokemon. It is also a downgrade, because Rockruff is a great dog.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Willsun posted:

The last time nintendo added a form to one of my favorites it was lame and bad so I hope they never do it again!!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually two of my favorites got megas I guess and only one of them was a complete dumpster fire so they're one for two

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Odds of them patching backwards compatibility for Sun/Moon to play well with Ultra Sun/Moon? My guess is 0%.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
they didn't do it with xy, so i doubt they'll do it with sm

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm not sure if it's been talked about, but if there's a new form for lycanroc in UM/US, could that mean there might be new alolan forms?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it's very likely that there will also be a Dawn Lycanroc. Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4-Form Time Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bongo Bill posted:

I think it's very likely that there will also be a Dawn Lycanroc. Nature's Harmonic Simultaneous 4-Form Time Dog

It's just Lycanroc wearing Gen 4 girl's hat.