Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

khwarezm posted:

Part of the joke in that scene was that they were knockoffs. Mapple and Oogle are meant to be parodies of real world companies and products but its so loving lazy.

I never thought I would say this, but modern Simpsons could stand to take a page of GTA's book with their fake company names: 'Lifeinvader', 'Ammu-nation', 'Pro laps', they're all usually dumb puns and sex jokes but at least they bother to work a joke into the name itself or at least make a cutting comment on the company they're parodying rather than just changing one letter and calling it a day.

The Simpsons used to have its own style of wryly naming businesses. Remember Wall-E-Weasel, Stern Lecture Plumbing, The Crematorium, Lil' Bastard, King Toot's, the Frying Dutchman, and— oh yeah—Itchy and Scratchy and Duff Beer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

The Simpsons used to have its own style of wryly naming businesses. Remember Wall-E-Weasel, Stern Lecture Plumbing, The Crematorium, Lil' Bastard, King Toot's, the Frying Dutchman, and— oh yeah—Itchy and Scratchy and Duff Beer?

Man, I didn't even think about referring to the Simpson's themselves. King Toots, the Texas Cheesecake Depository, I can't believe its a law firm!, The Family Jewels, they even have testicle jokes!

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 29, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Now it'd be Pom and Kerry and Wudbeiser

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
"I'm an original creation, like Rickey Rouse or Monald Muck!" - Shary Bobbins

Montague Tigg fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jul 30, 2017

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Whatev posted:

Godaaaaaamn that's some bad poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5gSQxcqgk

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sneed's Feed and Seed (formally Chuck's)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Mapplebees

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Futurama did its bizarre anime segment better, and old simpsons "japanimation" sketch was hilarious. But the pokemon go thing is just sad.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
MR SPARKLE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"gym"? what's a "gym"? oooooooh a gym.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Great article from SA Goon "Tree Goat"

https://medium.com/@Birdbassador/the-simpsons-are-eternal-prisoners-of-suffering-and-are-begging-for-oblivion-5fced2845ee3

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
ty, it is my hope that my scholarship will put the matter of simpsons chronology to rest.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

It is tl, so I dr

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Now where could my pipe be?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Blood bath and beyond

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tree Goat posted:

ty, it is my hope that my scholarship will put the matter of simpsons chronology to rest.

i hope someone finds a way to put the simpsons to rest

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

That was a good-rear end article but trying to make sense of that graph made my head hurt

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'll have what he's having

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
7 is the best season of the simpsons as almost every episode is gold. It starts to crack in 8, 9 is eh 10 it becomes bad.

I contend the Deep Space Homer (s5) is the first truly bad simpsons episode. The premise is contrived, and they guest voices (aldrin?) were poorly done. Some people just can't be voice actors. I bet it took 100 takes to get a suitable "Careful! They're rippled!" and the one they used is still pretty bad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

berth ell pup posted:

I contend the Deep Space Homer (s5) is the first truly bad simpsons episode. The premise is contrived, and they guest voices (aldrin?) were poorly done. Some people just can't be voice actors. I bet it took 100 takes to get a suitable "Careful! They're rippled!" and the one they used is still pretty bad.
Nope. That episode is amazing. You're wrong, sorry.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

berth ell pup posted:

7 is the best season of the simpsons as almost every episode is gold. It starts to crack in 8, 9 is eh 10 it becomes bad.

So very very very wrong

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

berth ell pup posted:

I bet you think Spider Pig is the peak of hilarity don't you?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

berth ell pup posted:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

berth ell pup posted:

Why would we listen to a poster who still doesn't know how to use a touch tone?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

berth ell pup posted:

I didn't think it was possible to be this wrong

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

berth ell pup posted:

Huh, I like that line delivery.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Huh, I like that line delivery.

Agreed. Hilariously lame.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Knowing that Buzz Aldrin is a batshit crazy, senile old drunk doesn't help this episode either

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Deep Space Homer demonstrates that the show could still be hilarious even with more ridiculous plots. Instead the episodes became both ridiculous and unfunny.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

berth ell pup posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8L-W2cHOc&t=83s

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

berth ell pup posted:

Listen, berth ell pup, Simpsons fans aren't as laid-back as people think. Now here's the deal. We're gonna watch Deep Space Homer, and you're gonna float there and like it.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

senor ding dong was loving hilarious, really glad they never brought him back or gave him his own episode or whatever they usually do

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Wee Monsieur was pretty good too

Painless Dentistry (Formerly "Painful Dentistry")

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

WampaLord posted:

Sneed's Feed and Seed (formally Chuck's)

sometimes when i'm half asleep, simpsons jokes/scenes will enter into my head and i'll get a joke or reference that went over my head when i first watched it and i'll just start laughing like crazy. this one got me real good a few years ago, like god drat

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

berth ell pup posted:

It's "ruffled" not "rippled," idiot.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

berth ell pup posted:

sorry we're looking for more of a "duh duh" idiot

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's a lot of wacky episodes with jerk rear end Homer that are still funny. That's not why the show became bad.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

berth ell pup posted:

Wtf

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

berth ell pup posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
remember when homer had the note pinned on the back of his head and whoever it was took the pin out, grabbed the note, and put the pin back in? that was funny.