Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Zaphod42 posted:

People can disagree all they want.

I don't insult people even if they disagree with me.

You literally called me thick, and when it was clear you were wrong, you were silent. And you didn't post a thing about GoT in your rant. So, uh, no?

Question for book readers: Does the Hound join the brotherhood, or is that show only? Just curious if he's replacing Lady S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I don't think The Hound's been seen since monk island in the books, so we'll never know.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Red posted:

You literally called me thick, and when it was clear you were wrong, you were silent. And you didn't post a thing about GoT in your rant. So, uh, no?

Question for book readers: Does the Hound join the brotherhood, or is that show only? Just curious if he's replacing Lady S.

In the book there's a random gravedigger who is (very strongly) implied to be the Hound, who's finally given up all this killing malarky. He basically ceases to be a character after Brienne "kills" him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

In the book there's a random gravedigger who is (very strongly) implied to be the Hound, who's finally given up all this killing malarky. He basically ceases to be a character after Brienne "kills" him.

Brianna doesn't kill him, he succumbs to infection after Biter takes a chunk out him. The

But yes, the first half of the Ian McShane episode is basically the last we've seen of Sandor in the books.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'M SO ANGRY

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

:colbert:

I'm here because I like game of thrones and want it to be better. All of my arguments are made in earnest. I hate trolling. Trolling isn't just arguing dude.

youre definitely not *willfilly* ignorant

:)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Phi230 posted:

I'M SO ANGRY

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
show would be better if production was in the hands of Burning Angel IMO

more tits

more dong

more bum fingering

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Red posted:

Yeah, he's basically retired to Monk Island. And honestly I hope we never see him in the books again.

He's happy. He's at peace. He doesn't need to kill his brother anymore because he's past all that.
GRRM please don't kill Monk Island let Sandor be happy.

Goodyear
May 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxBd05c0STo

i love euron

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

BillBear posted:

Oh and S4's problems were MUCH worse than what S7 currently has. Have you guys forgotten the Yara break out plot already? Or Karl Tanner?

Season 5 stands out the most, the rest of the show outside of S1 is pretty loving awesome tbh.

I agree (although I love Karl Tanner), and I would just add that I think the pacing feels off right now because it was so loving slow from S5 until the tail end of S6. The end of S4 was packed with tons of sweet stuff happening. If this season came right after that one, pacing right now would feel fast still but not quite as bad, right now it's extremely jarring.

It's like we were going along at the speed limit, slammed on the breaks, idled for a few minutes, and then floored it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ah, that's how I drive normally so that explains why I don't see the issue.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How can there be spoilers and a spoiler thread when the books havn't made it this far yet?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

There's still some book things the show hasn't done or mentioned yet.

Also the whole season was spoiled and so far they're 100% accurate, so the book reader thread morphed into the show spoiler thread since most of us don't give a gently caress.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How can there be spoilers and a spoiler thread when the books havn't made it this far yet?

For some reason, everything that happens this season was known before the season started.

GBS and FYAD have been uncharacteristically nice this year that the thread doesn't know about it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Season 4 was great, from the Purple Wedding, to Arya and the Hound, to Watchers on the Wall.

Yes Karl Tanner and the fight was stupid (Jon deciding that the best way to attack the drunk and sleepy traitors was to charge out in the open screaming like a mad man) but there really wasn't anything else dumb about the season that I can remember.

Well except Oly, that was dumb too.

Oh and the reason why we have a spoiler thread is because detailed synopsis of every episode of the season have been leaked.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hackers

They've leaked every GOT script for the last couple seasons dude.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Hackers

They've leaked every GOT script for the last couple seasons dude.

It's not hackers, it's foreign translators who don't give a gently caress about NDAs.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Though this year HBO did get hacked. Other shows had episodes leak, plus the full outline and internal screener for tonight's GoT.

But yeah it's usually just really good set spying + foreign translators leaking poo poo the past few years.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The full episode actually leaked this time. It was supposedly separate from the hack, but I remember hearing that you could get the full episode online earlier than the supposed second leak of the episode.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 6, 2017

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

It won't happen in the show but in my imagination Euron reek-ifies Yara, then finds and captures Theon and makes them both his servile attendants and when that becomes tiresome, has them fight each other in the Battle of the Broken.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

:five:

This is great. I know the Euron Pain Traintm is a little cartoonish, but I am all about it holy poo poo.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This is my favorite season of this show out of the last 4 or so

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just rewatched season 2 and the end of the last episode was real dumb. Sam, hiding behind a rock, a white walker looks directly at him and just...ignores it? Then he's surrounded by the army of the dead and somehow gets away?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

I just rewatched season 2 and the end of the last episode was real dumb. Sam, hiding behind a rock, a white walker looks directly at him and just...ignores it? Then he's surrounded by the army of the dead and somehow gets away?

The point is that the Walker thinks so little of him that he's not even willing to spend the time to murder him. There's also precedent of the Walkers letting people go to then go spread tales of what they saw like in the first scene of the very first episode of the series.

See, I defend this show when it was good!

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Subjunctivitis posted:

show would be better if production was in the hands of Burning Angel IMO

more tits

more dong

more bum fingering

I agree

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes Karl Tanner and the fight was stupid (Jon deciding that the best way to attack the drunk and sleepy traitors was to charge out in the open screaming like a mad man) but there really wasn't anything else dumb about the season that I can remember.

See, I liked it - I feel like a few people said Jon was good from being formally trained, but hadn't been in a bloody/dirty fight. So the takeaway from the battle with the mutineers was that Jon was going to have to ... I don't know, because he kind of hosed up the battle with the Boltons.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Red posted:

See, I liked it - I feel like a few people said Jon was good from being formally trained, but hadn't been in a bloody/dirty fight. So the takeaway from the battle with the mutineers was that Jon was going to have to ... I don't know, because he kind of hosed up the battle with the Boltons.

He hosed up for completely different reasons that Sansa spells out in the episode and then repeats in the first of this season.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

karl fooking tanner was great i dont care what anyone says about him

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This episode rules, can't wait to see it in HD.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Up on HBO GO.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Weird, my HBO Now app just says "Game of Thrones 64"

I'd play it

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm rooting for roose

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Knight King Knight King.... the only king

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Cmon Bran... scare Littlefinger

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

moolchaba posted:

Cmon Bran... scare Littlefinger

Nailed it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Littlefinger's greatest weakness: autism.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Really hoping Bronn switches sides and is how Dany starts to loving win.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What exactly does the Iron Bank gain from anything they do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What exactly does the Iron Bank gain from anything they do?

interest payments

rich people all of them love one thing and one thing only - getting richer

• Locked thread