Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

My pingas

My internet speed is making it hard to play games online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Well, nobody should be coerced into giving away their information to the public, and it's not very reasonable to expect them to want to. I was just saying that there's nothing wrong with wanting to see something conclusive so that you can make informed decisions about how to feel.

none of these people matter at all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I'm jelly as gently caress, man.

I fuckin love chili. I want some chili right now. Next time KCB and I go out to eat I'm gonna ask if we can head somewhere that has chili. Maybe we'll hit up that CK's wings and things place I mentioned for some of their chili.

Time to hit up Wendys for chili + frosties

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/mk_mot13/status/894372769302945792

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't this the game where one of the areas is just straight up unbeatable so you have to skip it? Also, it's the one based on the first next generation movie yeah?

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm reflecting on how disappointed I am by Pillars of Eternity - I'd heard that it was generic/vanilla, but I somehow got the impression that the protagonist would be a kind of God who comes into their own, with the final levels being really high concept and cool or something.

Instead nope. They can see ghosts. Great. That's exciting. Never seen that before. Especially with this bland execution. :sigh:

And worse, I'm playing it and Path of Exile at the same time, which has grimdark fantasy New Zealand in a really interesting plot - laidback, so I don't have to pay too much attention, and the lore is fun to read.

Basically they're both fantasy games but one is clearly better than the other (imo) and welp.

Eh, Pillars still looks like something I'd enjoy. Not everybody needs to be a god or what-have-you, I don't mind them just being a person who sees ghosts and thazzit.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh yeah. Pillars of Eternity isn't necessarily a bad game, it's just more bland than I was expecting and I'm bummed. :sigh:

I'm still gonna play it, see if it improves.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't this the game where one of the areas is just straight up unbeatable so you have to skip it? Also, it's the one based on the first next generation movie yeah?

no idea about the former on account of i just got it, but yeah it's the one where shatner bites it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

no idea about the former on account of i just got it, but yeah it's the one where shatner bites it

God that was a lovely plot. Like, goddamn, didn't even let him go out with any dignity. Just dropped a fuckin bridge on him even though they were in a situation where they could just retry over and over and over without fear of consequence until they won.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FirstAidKite posted:

God that was a lovely plot. Like, goddamn, didn't even let him go out with any dignity. Just dropped a fuckin bridge on him even though they were in a situation where they could just retry over and over and over without fear of consequence until they won.

There were so many ways they could've stopped Malcolm McDowell. The biggest question the movie asks is, what is your favorite way they should have done this?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Finally, a good Dark Souls item description.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I thought no mans sky was average and gave my copy away. Seeing that there's substantial updates makes me want to buy one of several million second hand copies on throwout.

But then I remember that Absolver and Destiny 2 are comin out soon so fucc it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Finally, a good Dark Souls item description.

Now hold on - there was that one about guys pissing their pants

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh yeah. Pillars of Eternity isn't necessarily a bad game, it's just more bland than I was expecting and I'm bummed. :sigh:

I loved all the old Infinity Engine games but the story in PoE was so bland and uninteresting that I just started button mashing through the conversations about 5 hours in.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I can't stand anime and I hadn't really liked a jrpg for 20 years but god drat Persona 5 is just so charming.

The only thing I'm unsure about is when you knock dowm all your enemies which option to go for? So far I've recruited every persona that's new otherwise I ask for money since I've already got a surplus of items. Is that the best way to do things?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PoE commits the number one storytelling sin of telling, not showing at every possible opportunity. Almost every zone is greeted by a Lord Infodump who drops a twenty-paragraph history of the area you're in before you even have a chance to explore it. It's really disappointing how bland the lore is for how much it demands the player pay attention to it. The kickstarter soul fanfics are almost some of the most embarrassingly amateurish things I've ever seen put in a video game.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWXZ5kLu-4

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Macarius Wrench posted:

I can't stand anime and I hadn't really liked a jrpg for 20 years but god drat Persona 5 is just so charming.

The only thing I'm unsure about is when you knock dowm all your enemies which option to go for? So far I've recruited every persona that's new otherwise I ask for money since I've already got a surplus of items. Is that the best way to do things?

There's a social link that will increase the money gained from interrogations and increase the number and likelihood of getting rare items that way. Until you get some of those benefits, asking for money doesn't really earn you enough to be worth it imo. I wound up killing them via all out attacks so I could get the experience, which I found more useful. Once you have some of those benefits you can randomly get 11k yen for talking but it's hardly consistent. (I did not max out that link)

I'll just throw this out too in case you were unaware: If you are trying to recruit a demon who you've already recruited or fused once before, just say no after you ask them to join you. It makes them automatically join and I have no idea why you would want to engage with the demon conversation system more than absolutely necessary.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Macarius Wrench posted:

good news, you like anime and jrpgs now

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hello thread, I finally finshed both property and cabaret parts of Yakuza 0 so it's just smooth sailing now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Macarius Wrench posted:

which girl is your favorite

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

moved back into my old roommate's house to housesit for them while they're spending the month of august honeymooning in glorious nippon, think i may use the opportunity to indulge in the mortal sin of console gaming to play some more bloodborne. hope he didn't wipe my character

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't believe I never heard of The Sexy Brutale until today. I've wanted a puzzle game that used Majora's Mask style time loops for years and yet this passed me by for months. Any it's amazing and people should play it.

I liked it but I kinda wished there was a little more to the murders. For a lot of them after I solved it I was just left thinking "oh is that it". Saving the guests usually boils down to stopping a single event from happening whereas in Ghost Trick (I was comparing the two internally a lot which is maybe a little unfair) you'll do something to prevent the death but you've just bought the victim a little more time/the killer adapts to how things changed and now you have to deal with that and it was a lot more satisfying. The only puzzle in Sexy Brutale that was even a little complex was the slot machine one

idk I just wanted them to do a little more with the cool game mechanics they were working with (but it's definitely worth playing + I loved the art style)

I guess I'm being unfair since it was probably made by a small team

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

exquisite tea posted:

PoE commits the number one storytelling sin of telling, not showing at every possible opportunity. Almost every zone is greeted by a Lord Infodump who drops a twenty-paragraph history of the area you're in before you even have a chance to explore it. It's really disappointing how bland the lore is for how much it demands the player pay attention to it. The kickstarter soul fanfics are almost some of the most embarrassingly amateurish things I've ever seen put in a video game.

I like how many opportunities the game takes to tell you about all the exciting parts of the world that you are not going to visit. Like before the game even begins your doing character creation and looking at all the possible backgrounds for your PC, and then the game dumps you in knockoff Europe and never lets you leave. At least the sequel is going to the tropics.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Really Pants posted:

Chie (original)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I dreamt there was an update to one of the older Sims games where you could just download items. Good morning games chat.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

this owns and is very current

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I have to sleep but before I do: Battle Brothers is insanely good and turning a group of hobos into well-trained soldiers who can sweep 11 orc young without losing anyone is really satisfying.

- Orcs are really susceptible to being hit in the head, bring maces
- My band wiped to a group of goblins with an overseer afterwards - thank god for reloads, we'll leave them alone
- On the road between towns we found a cow and my idiots dared my beefy axe man into tipping it. He succeeded so I got everyone drunk at the next town to celebrate.
- One of my best dudes got recruited because he was being tarred and feathered for sticking his dick in a watermelon. We rescued him, he's good at fighting, there was an event in a city recently where he impressed a lady enough to score.

Basically it's a dudebro simulator but with death constantly at your side.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdnpm2D2AOY

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
So I picked up a PS3 mainly to play Persona 5 but given I have the thing I figured I may as well get some the exclusives that I missed out on. I tried out some demos and I'll be damned if Killzone 2 isn't the most sluggish FPS I've ever played, I thought it may of been that I just haven't played a FPS on a console in a long time but then I tired the Resistance 3 demo and it was fine. Is this just a problem with the demo or is the whole game like that?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

good news, you like anime and jrpgs now

can confirm this is what happens

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that new Ninja Theory game going to be good

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

I was kinda let down as well. I expected... more. It was still fun to play, but given how the storytelling aspect was marketed, I, uh... When I'm sold on good writing, I expect it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

I hope it will be and early impressions have been positive, but we will know for sure in about 10.5 hours from now.

It's a very short game however, they said something like 8 hours for a full playthrough. So the story has to deliver.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Help Im Alive posted:

Have they showed much gameplay footage? All the tailers I saw only showed story stuff and that's a red flag for an action game from these folks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Really Pants posted:

yosuke

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

It would be the first good game they have made so not likely

tap my mountain posted:

Have they showed much gameplay footage? All the tailers I saw only showed story stuff and that's a red flag for an action game from these folks

If anything, story stuff is their strength(but they are still bad at it). Their gameplay is mediocre at best.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What Ninja Theory game?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It would be the first good game they have made so not likely

If anything, story stuff is their strength(but they are still bad at it). Their gameplay is mediocre at best.

Nah storytelling is their emphasis, their only strength is presentation and style

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ninja Theory's next very cool remake, Baeonetta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't flat out disliked a Ninja Theory game yet, so I'll probably end up getting Hellblade and will report back

• Locked thread