Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Just got to the totem mimikyu. It took me a couple tries but once I figured out that the pro strat was getting rid of haunter before switching to Decidueye and busting out his z move I stomped that poo poo. OneTwo hit KO on the totem hell yeah

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here, have realistic dusk form fanart (not by me, source linked):

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Looks like Dusk Form is gonna have Accelrock AND Counter, with Tough Claws as an ability.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaine the Train posted:

Looks like Dusk Form is gonna have Accelrock AND Counter, with Tough Claws as an ability.

Well hey, that makes Accelrock into an 80 BP priority rock move after STAB. That ain't nothing I guess.

Now we just need its stats and also for Tapu Lele to retroactively not exist.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Here, have realistic dusk form fanart (not by me, source linked):

Good dog.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

Well hey, that makes Accelrock into an 80 BP priority rock move after STAB. That ain't nothing I guess.

Now we just need its stats and also for Tapu Lele to retroactively not exist.

Nah Tapu Lele rules tbqh.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it looks like there will be a special Rockruff distribution that will be able to evolve into Dusk Dog.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Great another thing I can't get because I don't want to go to an event for children and neckbeards.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
If it makes you feel any better, it'll probably be over wi-fi mystery gift. That's how the 'gift for buying the game right as it comes out' stuff has worked for a while.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New form with little effort put into it, event-exclusive, won't be able to leave USUM (let's not pretend this isn't the case).

Spiky-Eared Lycanroc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
*Spiky-Haired

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hustlin Floh posted:

So it looks like there will be a special Rockruff distribution that will be able to evolve into Dusk Dog.

Whhhhhhhhhhy?

Just let it evolve based on the time of day!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Whhhhhhhhhhy?

Silly goon, that would require extra programming and effort.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Like Ash-Greninja this Dusk Lycanroc may have been created by the anime staff rather than Gamefreak.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Whhhhhhhhhhy?

Seriously. I have the perfect Rockruff for it. Maybe that's a way to not have to give it a hidden ability.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I hope its at least able to be bred, unlike Ash-Greninja.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Even the base forms don't do this and are instead locked to the cartridge. Still stupid, but consistent.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

Even the base forms don't do this and are instead locked to the cartridge. Still stupid, but consistent.

Wrong, they are time-bound evos as well as version-bound.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Wrong, they are time-bound evos as well as version-bound.

Yeah you could fix all of these problems in the new game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I don't think they will since those are dual versions as well, so presumably a regular Rockruff will evolve into Midnight in UM and into Midday in US. Or vice versa if they want to switch it up compared to SM.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, this just makes the Lycanroc change look even more :effort:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

huh I thought the tail was part of the costume as well

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

RareAcumen posted:

This episode had people thinking that there would also be a new Mimikyu form. Now not anymore.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mimikyu but its costume is a shoddy replica of hydregon.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to hit it three times before you get through the disguise.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It turns out that every Pokemon in Ultra Sun/Moon is actually a Mimikyu in disguise.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or a Ditto transformed into a Mimikyu that is impersonating every other poke.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And Lusamine is a bunch of Clefairy standing on each other wearing a dress

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there anything interesting in the Battle Tree in SM? Wondering what to do after catching all the Tapu and UBs.

Edit: Actually, yeah, it's been a while since I did any hardcore Pokemon stuff - so what's the commonly accepted way of getting everybody to level 100 now? Just bashing your head against the E4 like usual? I know EVs and the like can be trained up a lot more easily these days, so I can get those down.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 11, 2017

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

I... Need...Mimikyu dress up.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Pollyanna posted:

Is there anything interesting in the Battle Tree in SM? Wondering what to do after catching all the Tapu and UBs.

Edit: Actually, yeah, it's been a while since I did any hardcore Pokemon stuff - so what's the commonly accepted way of getting everybody to level 100 now? Just bashing your head against the E4 like usual? I know EVs and the like can be trained up a lot more easily these days, so I can get those down.

I wrote a post further up explaining getting two 5-star Rare Kitchens in Festival Plaza as probably the fastest way to power level something to level 100. Otherwise strap on a Lucky Egg and just bash your head at the E4 yeah. Stick them on Isle Evelup when you're not in the middle of doing that and put beans in there to make it go faster. I constantly have things on Isle Evelup because I'm kinda casual about it and after a few weeks it just gets there.

e:

Willsun posted:

Anyway, if you have two 5 star Rare Kitchens set up, the fastest way to power level is to get the mon you want at level 66 exactly. Buy and feed a Rare Dinner from both tents. You get only one of each item every day. Now your mon's level should qualify you to eat Rare Buffet because you should be at level 80. Buy both Rare Buffet from your tents and you should be at level 98. That's the most efficient way to use the Rare Kitchens.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 11, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Willsun posted:

I wrote a post further up explaining getting two 5-star Rare Kitchens in Festival Plaza as probably the fastest way to power level something to level 100. Otherwise strap on a Lucky Egg and just bash your head at the E4 yeah. Stick them on Isle Evelup when you're not in the middle of doing that and put beans in there to make it go faster. I constantly have things on Isle Evelup because I'm kinda casual about it and after a few weeks it just gets there.

e:

Oh, right, Festival Plaza. I just kinda dismissed that out of hand since it's kinda janky and not very...good? Plus it seems to be dependent on events that are being discontinued. Maybe in USUM they'll have something more interesting. E4 it is!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Haifisch posted:

It turns out that every Pokemon in Ultra Sun/Moon is actually a Mimikyu in disguise.

Introducing the Mimikyu everywhere System.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NewFatMike posted:

Yes a thousand times yes

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

:3:X100000

NewFatMike posted:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
A brand new USUM trailer appeared! It contains so much new information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xw9cCBlncQ

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uh what there's noting new there.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
:thejoke:

Anyway the only new thing is that around the 0:40 mark it makes it seem that Dusk Lycanroc is an UM exclusive, and that the special Rockruff will evolve into another form in US.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The remix of the battle theme is good I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

less laughter posted:

:thejoke:

Anyway the only new thing is that around the 0:40 mark it makes it seem that Dusk Lycanroc is an UM exclusive, and that the special Rockruff will evolve into another form in US.

midnight lycanroc but orange