Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'll enter at the one in San Jose. Using Mario Kart 7 as a qualifier is kinda weird though.

I guess this is their way to make sure people still know that the 3DS is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I hope Narcissa returns to take her rightful crown. She just needs to learn walljumps.

Is her diet still a 100% intake of soylent?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
where's cheese05

actually, will Arin make a return? Leader of the D club needs to smack down these fools from his experience from doing like 300 mario maker videos

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 8, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dizz posted:

Is her diet still a 100% intake of soylent?

I do not keep track of that kind of personal information, I just watch the speedrun record vods.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Was Narcissa was the same person who live-streamed themselves downloading and playing Wind Waker HD back when it launched, which thanks to the general download speeds of the Wii U meant that she had tons of people watching her watching a loading bar slowly creep across the screen for hours?

Because that's something I always remembered for some reason.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Wasn't the last one ruined by some nerd at a Best Buy who kept demanding they let him go again until he beat first place?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Drunk Tomato posted:

Severed is perfect for the switch.

At least in touch screen mode. Will it even be playable with joycons?

sounds like you can't play it docked

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

sounds like you can't play it docked

Lol, this can't be true

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Calling it now they're gonna pull a Super Mario 3 and announce a brand new game as the final challenge

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Wasn't it mentioned that there would be some games that could only be played handheld due to the need of the touchscreen? I vaguely remember hearing that would be a thing for some eshop games.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Calling it now they're gonna pull a Super Mario 3 and announce a brand new game as the final challenge

Sm4sh DX or Smash 5!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Voez is handheld only, that was a launch eshop game

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is Snake Pass worth getting for a long plane ride or should I stick to Splatoon 2 single player?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Frankston posted:

Lol, this can't be true

https://twitter.com/drinkboxstudios/status/894963040596131841

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd say get a 2d sprite based game as that will last a lot longer on battery.. Snake pass would be a good plane game, but you might get tired of all the motherfuckin snakes on this motherfuckin plane.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Play Zelda and Mario kart like a normal person.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My friend managed to play Splatoon 2 on a plane because they had in-air wifi but the connection was poo poo and he got booted probably because of that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is "tabletop mode" something that people actually do outside of promotional trailers

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait a moment...Payday 2 is coming to the switch, and Splatoon 2 has paint guns based on real guns :thunk: I smell a crossover

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Aaaaaand I'm not getting it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is "tabletop mode" something that people actually do outside of promotional trailers

I was in a hostel in Iceland playing Mario Kart with my buds between kareoke songs

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have probably played 50% docked 50% tabletop and no handheld. Fits into my desk really well for when I have time to play during the work day between poo poo.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Once, in a trendy London cocktail bar, because I am an advert. Someone in my workplace is demanding I bring it in sometime for Mario Kart so this may happen again.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/brawloutgame/status/894935473885519872

The Smash Bros clone from the folks behind Smash Bros Melee mod Project M will also appear on the Switch "late 2017". Hooray?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you work somewhere they don't mind you playing video games on the clock, it's probably a handy way to play at your desk.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rexroom posted:

The Smash Bros clone from the folks behind Smash Bros Melee mod Project M will also appear on the Switch "late 2017". Hooray?

Is it safe to say this wouldn't exist and they'd still be modding Brawl if they never got their cease and desist?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Fun Times! posted:

Aaaaaand I'm not getting it

It's an entirely touch screen based game,what did you expect?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I tried to do tabletop on a commercial flight like in the commercial but your tray table and the angle of the switch with the stand out was so low I couldn't see poo poo

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

I think you have this confused with Icons: Combat Arena, afaik that's the Project M but legally-viable clone

ninja edit: or there's more than one, of course

Moly B. Denum
Oct 26, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played most of BotW in tabletop mode because I wanted split controls, but didn't have a TV in my dorm room.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Manky posted:

I think you have this confused with Icons: Combat Arena, afaik that's the Project M but legally-viable clone

ninja edit: or there's more than one, of course

Maybe, I'm not that sure anymore now that you pointed out there's actually more than one Smash Bros clone in development.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I only just heard of Brawlout, which is most definitely a Smash clone. Icons is the one that's actually the Project M developers though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What were those swan tablet holder things? I wanna get one for my cube desk.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, because my preferred control scheme is separated joycons, so I don't use handheld very much.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I don't think I've managed to play a game with in-game voice chat where 99% of people with it enabled weren't just random crunching sounds, the sound of a fan blowing air directly at the microphone, feedback from the person's television, music, or very occasionally a voice that's so choppy you can't understand it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I tried to do tabletop on a commercial flight like in the commercial but your tray table and the angle of the switch with the stand out was so low I couldn't see poo poo

I got a folding stand for my Kindle that would probably work all right with the Switch in that scenario

But using the loose JoyCons felt dumb and so did carrying around the grip so I just played it in handheld mode

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

whaley posted:

I don't think I've managed to play a game with in-game voice chat where 99% of people with it enabled weren't just random crunching sounds, the sound of a fan blowing air directly at the microphone, feedback from the person's television, music, or very occasionally a voice that's so choppy you can't understand it

In-game chat is so 3 gens ago. Party chat has been the standard for 2 gens. (With a few big exceptions like Friday the 13th.)

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I just bought Splatoon 2 for $41 plus tax on Amazon Prime. Better hurry as it seems to be an error.

e: Deal appears dead.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 8, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's an entirely touch screen based game,what did you expect?

lol I guess this is how you can tell who knows what Severed is and who doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

lol I guess this is how you can tell who knows what Severed is and who doesn't

Gotta give people leeway as this is the first time it's coming out on a gaming platform people actually own.

• Locked thread