Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've been working on my :pcgaming: Rainbow Scar :pcgaming: today. He is turning out better than I could have hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Nearing completion. Thanks to the photo I can see a few spots that need cleaning up.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
3.5 weeks and my stuff still hasn't arrived, loving ebay

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Alright, I'm done with my Cryptic Justicars and their Ratskin Flesh sans Bugman's Glow colours for now:

There are many that are confused by the Justicars choice of heraldry, what with how it seems to vary man to man and even appears to change on a daily basis. Attempts at figuring out some pattern to the design is fruitless, even when consulting the Chapter's own guidebook on the matter:

One day I might come back to them and do some more work tidying them up but they'll do. There's only so much loyalist dog business I can handle before my mind turns to more Chaotic projects.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Alright, I'm done with my Cryptic Justicars and their Ratskin Flesh sans Bugman's Glow colours for now:

There are many that are confused by the Justicars choice of heraldry, what with how it seems to vary man to man and even appears to change on a daily basis. Attempts at figuring out some pattern to the design is fruitless, even when consulting the Chapter's own guidebook on the matter:

One day I might come back to them and do some more work tidying them up but they'll do. There's only so much loyalist dog business I can handle before my mind turns to more Chaotic projects.

These turned out real cool.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Didn't notice until I got the pictures that the one guy's hair got a smudge on it at some point but gently caress it not going back outside

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the THUNDER EATERS. You must use RAKARTH FLESH and are banned from using WAAAGH! Flesh.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

prototype14 posted:

Following on from some rad feedback regarding the lantern bearer, I present the Light Redeemers Primaris Captain

Equipped with a Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol, Power Sword and the Lantern of the Unforgiven.

A Dark Angels successor chapter from the Ultima founding, the Light Redeemers take no residence on the mobile fortress-monastery known as The Rock, nor do they don the traditional dark colours of their pre-founding bretheren. Sworn to purging heresy and to continue the search and purgation of The Fallen. Even though knowledge of the Fallen is withheld from the majority of the Dark Angels and their successor chapters, high ranking members of the Light Redeemers are informed about Fallen activities and deployed as a secret strike force where deploying the Ravenwing or Deathwing is not covert enough.

Without the need for Chaplains, the Light Redeemers use variations on the specially crafted Lantern of the Unforgiven that glow with an eerie pale blue light when in the vicinity of heretics and traitors. Much like the Dark Angels, the Light Redeemers are also notoriously intolerant of non-humans and mutants, even those like Squats, Ogryns or Ratlings who are considered benevolent by the Imperium of Man; even refusing to fight alongside them

Colours
Averland Sunset
Reikland Fleshshade
Yriel Yellow
Eshin Grey
Kantor Blue
Calgar Blue
Ceramite White
Rakarth Flesh
Retributor Armour
Leadbelcher
Balthazar Gold

Yessss

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
SO MANY BIGMARS!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

SO MANY BIGMARS!

I'm not good enough for the post of honour. :saddowns:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aleth posted:

I'm not good enough for the post of honour. :saddowns:

It wasn't intentional; when I read your post it first sounded like a WIP update based on what you wrote. It's been added!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The first lot were, did a few minor touch-ups and added 'heraldry' in a couple of pics a few post further up on this page though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, not sure how I missed that one. Added!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I present Sgt Monochromaticus of the Rainbow Scars

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

I present Sgt Monochromaticus of the Rainbow Scars

drat son. Those shoulder pads are some of the best i've seen. These take the cake for my favorite submission so far.

Were those sprayed?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

I primed him white, did the fades on the pads then masked them off and sprayed everything black.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TTerrible posted:

I primed him white, did the fades on the pads then masked them off and sprayed everything black.

Kinda wish you'd done the whole armor like this :allears: Starburst marines go!

Those pauldrons are amazing, good work.

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.

Lest people think I've given up on 'em. (WIP but still.)

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Snarling Lords progress report:

Coming along!

447.M38: The Snarling Lords, in a joint offensive with local Imperial Guard forces, bring a Chaos warband raiding the Phalanx systems to an end in a final and brutal siege-assault upon the heretics in their hitherto hidden asteroid fortress, brought to a swift end by a stealthy squad of Veterans disabling the Asteroid’s magna-batteries at a crucial moment for boarding parties to arrive. The Chapter is thereafter haunted by rumors of having spirited away fallen human soldiers from the battlefield in the aftermath for reasons unknown.

143.M40: A fallen Snarling Lord rises from a mound of Imperial dead three days after disastrous battle with T’au-affiliated human secessionists on Gehrman III, now far behind enemy lines. He slays the rebels’ command structure before succumbing once more to a plasma shot, leading to a swift victory by Imperial forces as the rebellion falters without its leadership. A Marine bearing identical armour markings to the fallen hero is recorded by a tacticus-scribe’s servo skull during cleanup operations two days later, broadcasting a different name via imicus/inimicus signals.

876.M40: A Snarling Lord (codenamed “Waxing Storm”) serving a tour of duty with the Deathwatch suffers a fatal wound to the spine against an Eldar offensive. The on-duty Apothecary’s attempt to recover the fallen Marine’s gene-seed is thwarted by the Marine’s armor springing to life seemingly on its own, intercepting the Nartechium with a raised hand and broadcasting a broken text signal reading “Non Mortis”. Twenty standard hours later, the Marine’s hearts resume their beating with no further complications despite the obvious spinal trauma.

563.M41: The Beata Uprising is quelled by squads of Snarling Lords revealing their presence on the system’s primary planet after months of careful infiltration, along with hundreds of fanatical Death-Cultists and surviving Sororitas forces. In the dead of night they assault the infamous Bio-Cull Savant’s bombardment-impregnable fortress and lower the shields in time for an arriving fleet to pound its walls to dust from orbit, allowing the Snarling Lords to retake the planet in the space of only two days and causing the surrender of the entire system. The Snarling Lords recruit over fifty youths from the Death-Cults before parting.

"Brother Dudicus, is that seriously what they're writing about us online these days?"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Kinda wish you'd done the whole armor like this :allears: Starburst marines go!
Then pit them against Hive Fleet Skittles.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Clearly the Starburst Marines would be allied with the Astra Militarum regiment Mint Imperials.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
Would it be possible to replicate that sort of gradient without a spray?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

professor_curly posted:

Would it be possible to replicate that sort of gradient without a spray?

Wet blending, but it's tricky to do it as smooth.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I wouldn't even bother to attempt it without an airbrush. Airbrushes are the idkfa of painting and make doing stupid tricks like that really easy. Those pads took me less than five minutes, it took an order of magnitude longer to get the soft highlight on the black armour down.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
It might be a while to finish this with work starting back up, but the big gimmick is done.

The Rainbow Wyvern WIP

I was going for full on Biblical Fallen angel, with wings of light and feathers, with an interior of black. The ways to complete this - a white gloss over the black parts to give a bit more to it, finishing the little details/weapons with color and generally tidying things up. I was also going to paint over the spectrum with a gloss mixed with metal medium, to try and give it a luminescent/sparkling quality. But I don't think I'll have time to do that for a while

Backstory: An old Black Crusade character, Dolor Athier, the Apostle of Regret. His wings were a blessing of Slaanesh, so I was going for a beautiful multicolored light thing, classic angelic feathers but a black interior.

professor_curly fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 14, 2017

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the RAGING SCORPIONS. You must use XV-88 and are banned from using WARPLOCK BRONZE.

Finally got my bits and basecoated this dude:

Armor main color is the XV-88 (or reaper hd woodland brown) and bionic bits are a greenish brass. Hope to have this done by the end of the week!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Working on my second guy. Airbrushing is amazing!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Happy to report my Alpha Barracuda is almost ready and should be having photos taken this weekend.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Beer hit me with another chapter

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You are the PSI TALONS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I also just rolled STAR DESTROYERS, which is too good to let die.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You are the PSI TALONS.

It will be done.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
Finally got to work on my Siege Dog. After I took a WIP picture I noticed 1,000 errors that I'll be working to correct tomorrow

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I also just rolled STAR DESTROYERS, which is too good to let die.

Also they have an easy choice for chapter badge:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm sorry dear thread for procrastinating so much :negative: I thought I got this new job and then I didn't so I had to rush out and apply tons of new places and then it ends up maybe I did get the job after all and they keep stringing me along and bringing me in for more interviews...

Gonna paint space barbies soon :(

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I promise the DIAMOND VULTURES are coming along, albeit slowly.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Hello everyone. A Cock Shaped Fruit here, you may know me from the quoted post in the OP.

Much like the OP says, my local game store was the genesis of the chapter challenge, so here is a post of some of the entries so far:

The 'Sons of Stygia' were a veto-d name, he reserved the right to choose his own name. *shrug*

The rest, in order:
  • War Brothers
  • Regal Consuls
  • Iron Hawks
  • Doom Templars (I love this one)
  • Sapphire Angels

Where's my entry? I'm a dickhead that didn't leave it in the display case.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Raging Scorpion Complete:

The Raging Scorpions are an Iron Hands successor from an unknown founding. Like their progenitors, they value metal over flesh and upon achieving battle brother status, all marines are implanted with a prehensile "scorpion" tail that serves as as a deadly close combat weapon due to the poison it injects. It is common for veterans to their right arm entirely with a bionic limb/weapon. They are known as fierce close combatants and favor ambushing their enemies and striking hard and fast.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Super clean paint job. I like dem Scorpions.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'm pretty happy to be a part of this. Crazy how much it blew up

Do you think Beer is actually a GW marketing exec trying to drive primaris sales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Alpha Barracudas reporting for duty!

The Alpha Barracudas were amongst the first of the Primaris Chapters to be decanted, and were immediately assigned to the protection of the Piscina system after the Cicatrix Malediction triggered an Ork uprising there.

Unconventional by Astartes standards, the Alpha Barracudas tend towards playing the long game in their campaigns. They make use of guerrilla strikes and assassinations to weaken their enemy, and only once they feel they are sufficiently weakened will they conduct full on raids to crush their foes. These tactics have led to dark rumours that their geneseed is based on that of the Alpha Legion as part of Cawl's experimentation, but no definitive proof has surfaced.

If you want to paint your own Alpha Barracudas, follow the below guide! (note that some of these are OOP and you'll need to find equivalents!)

Undercoat: Army Painter Plate Metal Spray.
Armour: Highlight with GW Runefang Steel. Apply GW Turquoise Glaze to the recesses and any ribbed cabling like the joints, then re-highlight the edges with Runefang Steel. This is also used for the Bolt Rifle's Magazine.
Bolt Rifle: Highlight metal areas with Runefang Steel. The Casing is painted in P3 Greatcoat Grey, then the whole gun washed in GW Glossy Nuln Oil.
Blue: P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight, washed with GW Drakenhof Nightshade and re-highlighted with Cygnar Blue Highlight.
Shoulder Rims: As a member of the 4th company this guy uses GW Emerald Green rims.
Gold: GW Retributor Armour, followed by a GW Seraphim Sepia wash, then highlighted with GW Auric Armour Gold.
Bone: P3 Menoth White Base. GW Agrax Earthshade Wash, highlighted with Menoth White Base.
Skin: P3 Gun Corps Brown, GW Agrax Earhshade Wash, highlighted with Gun Corps Brown.
Yellow: GW Iyanden Darksun, highlighted with P3 Cygnar Yellow.
Base Top/ Laurels: GW Goblin Green, washed with GW Biel Tan Green, highlighted with GW Goblin Green

• Locked thread