Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

tap my mountain posted:

Close, swim trunks

drat it I'm gonna have to play Overwatch some more. Are people still salty as gently caress in unranked where poo poo doesn't even matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

drat it I'm gonna have to play Overwatch some more. Are people still salty as gently caress in unranked where poo poo doesn't even matter?

I've picked Sombra a couple times somewhat recently and people didn't get too mad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
FMK: Nathan Drake, Mario Mario, Master Chief

E: not intentional but that's my order

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Some but they are definitely the minority, all the tryhard is contained in ranked and unfortunately mystery heroes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

FMK: Nathan Drake, Mario Mario, Master Chief

E: not intentional but that's my order

gently caress Mario, Marry Chief, Kill Drake

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Yeah, he's great.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
This whole Hellfire nonsense is a joke, anyone else remember when they were a kid and your friends would tell you about cool things in a game like the blue whale in ecco or the tanooki suit in mario or when castlevania had a whole new map with the upside down castle or when Tomb Raider had a T-rex. Remember how fun it was to hear about these interesting moments in games rather than react with anger because the sanctity of your experience has been tainted?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hellblsde is really good so far, but is definitely more wander around than combat, so far

Also it has a photo mode but it's disabled in the first big open area because you're still in tutorial which sucks because it is horizon style gorgeous up in here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Macarius Wrench posted:

This whole Hellfire nonsense is a joke, anyone else remember when they were a kid and your friends would tell you about cool things in a game like the blue whale in ecco or the tanooki suit in mario or when castlevania had a whole new map with the upside down castle or when Tomb Raider had a T-rex. Remember how fun it was to hear about these interesting moments in games rather than react with anger because the sanctity of your experience has been tainted?

What is this a response to

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

What is this a response to

I can't elaborate or it'll be a spoiler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can tell me man I usually read plot synopses before I watch a movie or play a game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hellfire's pretty good, you can either do the standard three fireballs, or hold up to send two of the black holes that Dracula sometimes do, or hold down to cancel the attack and just teleport.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Come play Paladins, it's as good as Overwatch, but free.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7StjsuBZQc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

lmao, Atari hired Jeff Minter to make Tempest 4000 after suing him over TxK and all the nasty poo poo he said about them back then. justice prevails

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Phantasium posted:

Hellfire's pretty good, you can either do the standard three fireballs, or hold up to send two of the black holes that Dracula sometimes do, or hold down to cancel the attack and just teleport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUMGMKTnKs

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gettin' serious Uncharted, Horizon, Dark Souls, and Life is Strange vibes from Hellblade. That's a hell of an accomplishment for just the first hour of game

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hellblade seems really good so far and is pretty loving intense at times. I like that it's using your natural reaction to tell the game telling you what to do to "shut the gently caress up" as plot relevant atmosphere. That kind of idea takes creativity

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

glam rock hamhock posted:

Hellblade seems really good so far and is pretty loving intense at times. I like that it's using your natural reaction to tell the game telling you what to do to "shut the gently caress up" as plot relevant atmosphere. That kind of idea takes creativity

I like that the voices themselves start to call you stupid and say you're getting lost if you take too long to figure out a puzzle. Finally, an accurate recreation of what I say to myself in every other game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I like that the voices themselves start to call you stupid and say you're getting lost if you take too long to figure out a puzzle. Finally, an accurate recreation of what I say to myself in every other game.

Any time there's a puzzle in a game and enough time has passed that your character or some other NPC starts giving you advice that you know the designers put in there to help the slow folks along, I feel like I failed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Samus returns looks pretty slick...I wasn't interested because of Mercury Steam but hell, this game looks like it has potential to be another classic Metroid...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Any time there's a puzzle in a game and enough time has passed that your character or some other NPC starts giving you advice that you know the designers put in there to help the slow folks along, I feel like I failed

Don't ever play Skyward Sword, because they decided to put the hints for stupid players before every puzzle, before you even have a chance to try any of the puzzles, and they're unskippable

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hellblade is great so far.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Snake, maybe you should take the chicken hat. The enemy won't be expecting it. It could give you the edge you need in combat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The worst is when the nudges don't help at all because of some basic misunderstanding. Like I'm trying to figure out where to go and the character is just like "we better get moving" no poo poo, where!!!?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Don't ever play Skyward Sword, because they decided to put the hints for stupid players before every puzzle, before you even have a chance to try any of the puzzles, and they're unskippable

Zelda seems like a great series

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It is a great series overall, including BotW

Skyward Sword is a bad game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

The voices will also lie, I had them yelling I was going the wrong way when I wasn't.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

Samus returns looks pretty slick...I wasn't interested because of Mercury Steam but hell, this game looks like it has potential to be another classic Metroid...

Has new footage started coming out? I haven't seen anything since e3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

Has new footage started coming out? I haven't seen anything since e3.

There was a new wave today yeah, a new embargo was up probably

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Anora posted:

Come play Paladins, it's as good as Overwatch, but free.

Does Paladins have hot shirtless dudes?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

exquisite tea posted:

The inevitable DSP video is going to be great

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there a thread for modding Gameboys here?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No Man's Newslatter

quote:

Hello Citizen Scientists,

It’s been a year since No Man’s Sky first released, and it’s been an exciting, intense and emotional year for us at Hello Games. We have been quiet, but we have been listening intently.

We've spent that year working hard on free updates for this game our team cares about so much.

Update 1.3 will release this week and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players. We're calling it Atlas Rises. It focuses on improving the central story of No Man’s Sky and adds the ability to quick travel between locations using portals. Patch notes will be made available shortly before the update goes live.

blah blah blah ARG bullshit

Thank you for this year. We hope you enjoy what comes next.

Sean

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there a thread for modding Gameboys here?

I think the Retro Gaming thread is close enough maybe?

e: or poke around SH/SC maybe

Olive! fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 8, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I
am
Zlatan Man

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I got a rare Sailor Waddle Dee sticker

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mordja posted:

Thought experiment: if you were going to introduce someone who's never played one to videogames, what would you start with?

Me, personally, I would hand them a copy of Titanfall 2.

final fantasy 7

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Mordja posted:

Thought experiment: if you were going to introduce someone who's never played one to videogames, what would you start with?

Me, personally, I would hand them a copy of Titanfall 2.

Super Mario World or maybe a Kirby game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

glam rock hamhock posted:

it falls apart real hard and that hella sucks yo. the combat is pretty repetitive but it's ok when you fight, like, two dudes. please enjoy the tedious combat section in hel where you fight forty guys in a row in groups of two or three and they're invincible unless you first wait until you can use the mirror on them and if you die you start it all over again and also their attacks can't be blocked

i wish i'd been recording the game so i could put together a video review, because i'm real angry at hellblade!!

• Locked thread