Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Caufman posted:

Huh. Never realized how much Goatse man's genitles could look like a downward duck.

A dick duck, if you please..

No quack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bluemillion posted:

No quack wing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That's some extremely good Simpsons shitposting

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

This thread's been loving amazing today.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Unless that's Chet Asshat's Concerto for leaf blower I say that meme's bogus.

E: gently caress. Reading comprehension.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Holy poo poo

The Bloop posted:

That's some extremely good Simpsons shitposting

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:discourse:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

You'll never make a Simpsons meme better than this one

Oh my god
I was wrong
It was here
all along

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SimsponsMeme must come across as incomprehensible to anyone who didn't internalize that show in the 90s.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
The Simpsons memes are the best

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Karate Bastard posted:

Unless that's Chet Asshat's Concerto for leaf blower I say that meme's bogus.

E: gently caress. Reading comprehension.

it's a garbage album with one okay song on it. i hate that i paid money for it.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/lemonkyun/status/880613920888635392

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

mind the walrus posted:

SimsponsMeme must come across as incomprehensible to anyone who didn't internalize that show in the 90s.

I'm curious to see what younger people think about it. Every single one makes sense to me, but the show is basically built into my DNA at this point.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Can confirm

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Young people can't meme.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

I'm curious to see what younger people think about it. Every single one makes sense to me, but the show is basically built into my DNA at this point.

I was born in in 94 and they can be funny, but it's like, the same 5 jokes which seems odd when everyone talks about early Simpsons like it was a never ending train of killer jokes.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I was born in in 94 and they can be funny, but it's like, the same 5 jokes which seems odd when everyone talks about early Simpsons like it was a never ending train of killer jokes.

Don't have a cow man.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Poops Mcgoots posted:

You're not wrong. Still, remember that before Family Guy/Adult Swim took off animated comedy writers hadn't realized you could make an entire program out of referential rapid-fire humor, so the plot beats and set-ups in-between the jokes are part of what give them their punch, and why recontextualizing the same handful creates these chimeras of two great jokes that really pack a wallop to old fans. Beyond that, SimpsonsMeme is based entirely around visuals and one-liners, neither of which were necessarily the strong suit of Golden Age Simpsons.

Here's 4 minutes of one of my favorite episodes "And Maggie Makes Three"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gzlXkDRJc

I counted about 24-28 punchlines in those 4 minutes, visual and verbal. There are maybe 5-8 that can stand alone completely devoid of context, and some only just. So stuff like the Aurora Borealis exchange, Planet of the Apes The Musical, Lemons, etc. is much more easy to repurpose. The A.Aaronson/Z.Zarkowski, Bowling Pin Creation sequence, "This is getting very abstract, but thank you I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!", "I'm gonna make it after all!" jokes are some of my favorite in the entire series, but they really aren't easy to recycle.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Aug 8, 2017

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

mind the walrus posted:

You're not wrong. Still, remember that before Family Guy/Adult Swim took off animated comedy writers hadn't realized you could make an entire program out of referential rapid-fire humor, so the plot beats and set-ups in-between the jokes are part of what give them their punch, and why recontextualizing the same handful creates these chimeras of two great jokes that really pack a wallop to old fans. Beyond that, SimpsonsMeme is based entirely around visuals and one-liners, neither of which were necessarily the strong suit of Golden Age Simpsons.

Here's 4 minutes of one of my favorite episodes "And Maggie Makes Three"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29gzlXkDRJc

I counted about 24-28 punchlines in those 4 minutes, visual and verbal. There are maybe 5-8 that can stand alone completely devoid of context, and some only just. So stuff like the Aurora Borealis exchange, Planet of the Apes The Musical, Lemons, etc. is much more easy to repurpose. The A.Aaronson/Z.Zarkowski, Bowling Pin Creation sequence, "This is getting very abstract, but thank you I do enjoy working at the bowling alley!", "I'm gonna make it after all!" jokes are some of my favorite in the entire series, but they really aren't easy to recycle.
Like one of my favorite jokes is a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it-and-then-not-get-it" from Simpsons Safari (Season 12, surprisingly late). When the Simpsons note the propaganda posters of Tanzania's New Zanzibar's Pepsi presents New Zanzibar's president Muntu, their tour guide Kitenge notes "He seized power in a bloodless coup. All smotherings." At the very end of the episode the Simpsons are on the plane back home and notice a poster the new president Kitenge. Ex-president Muntu is now a measly flight attendant and the Simpson laugh at him. A second later, Homer wonders: "Hey, where's my pillow?"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Uh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alright you sick meme loving FUCKS what is this guy saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLz7RWBoYUw

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/ij69tyR5_D4

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

MichiganCubbie posted:

Yeah, as someone born in the mid-80s and growing up watching The Simpsons religiously as a kid, the Good Seasons are indelibly part of me and Simpsons Shitposting is one of my absolute favorite memes because they're so hilarious to me.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

zoux posted:

"You're death has already happened."

"¿¡Que!?"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

zoux posted:

"I don't have dental please don't mash my face into the-"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

El Burbo posted:

"You're death has already happened."

"¿¡Que!?"

Thanks

Mister Adequate posted:

"I don't have dental please don't mash my face into the-"

Not you

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

zoux posted:

Thanks

Not you

Sorry. :shobon:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah, as someone born in the mid-80s and growing up watching The Simpsons religiously as a kid, the Good Seasons are indelibly part of me and Simpsons Shitposting is one of my absolute favorite memes because they're so hilarious to me.

:same:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ha ha h-- :stonk:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's a pretty ace Loss.jpg if you look at it the right way.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They cut out the 100%enemy part of the picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU