Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Samurai Sanders posted:

I might want to try Persona 5 NG+ someday but only if there is a way to DRASTICALLY cut short the non-interactive parts, which can go on for weeks of game time. I dunno if fast forwarding every cutscene would even put a dent in it because you have to choose meaningless response choices, characters keep walking around and it keeps sending you back home only to sleep and save the game, etc.

NG took me ~110 hours, NG+ took ~20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Lirik is streaming Hellblade now, and it's a loving amazing mindfuck. It's like Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube with internal monologues all over, and the graphics are crazy.

He's playing it on PC, though, can't vouch for how it'll look and play on conosle.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

ufarn posted:

Lirik is streaming Hellblade now, and it's a loving amazing mindfuck. It's like Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube with internal monologues all over, and the graphics are crazy.

He's playing it on PC, though, can't vouch for how it'll look and play on conosle.

Really? Maybe I won't ignore this game after all! Eternal Darkness was awesome!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ufarn posted:

I don't know what a Lirik is, but this sounds kind of cool. I'm still going to be waiting for a sale, but I'm looking checking this out. I'm glad it isn't just a Souls-like.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm downloading hellblade now. I put my 15 bucks from the last spend a hundred dollars thing towards it.

It's gonna take fuckin 2 hours to download, though. gently caress my internet is so bad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The moment Eternal Darkness hooked me was when I walked into a hallway filled to the brim with shotgun shells in a line, started picking them up anticipating a boss, then on checking my inventory they all disappeared.
I've still yet to find a game that gave me the same feeling as back then.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I wonder if the patent on sanity effects in a videogame has expired yet :(

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

exquisite tea posted:

Pro users can get 60fps in Performance Mode scaled down to a lower resolution (I'm guessing 1080p) or 30fps @ 1440p. PSPoor just gets the 30fps.

I'm playing it on Steam and with a 980ti and i5 I get a consistent 45-55fps @1440p on Very High settings. You definitely need a pretty good system to max out everything on PC.

Thanks for the info, I might get it on PC then, splurged on a 1080ti recently and it would be nice to give it something to stretch its legs on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Snak posted:

I'm downloading hellblade now. I put my 15 bucks from the last spend a hundred dollars thing towards it.

It's gonna take fuckin 2 hours to download, though. gently caress my internet is so bad.

Don't worry, everyone's internet feels bad when downloading from PSN

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Hellblade reviewing really well is the "too much winning" point for PS4 games this year.

I'm still working my way through FF12 and Kiwami is out in a few weeks along with Everybodys Golf. And i still have to take Wipeout out of the shrinkwrap. And play the Life is Strange prequel. And there's the Uncharted and Horizon DLC. And GT Sport.

This is a loving bonkers time for gaming.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Several more pauses and unpauses and I've only got 46 minutes left. Yay!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I preordered Hellblade and am annoyed to see it didn't bother downloading it overnight like it's supposed to. Luckily the internet where I am is pretty good but it'll still probably take a bit.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
This reminds me: I recently set my primary PS4 to a friend's. I know that remote downloads (and remote play, and remote anything) is set to his PS4, but does anyone know if I preorder anything on the PS4 itself, will it preload correctly? Will it start downloading automatically?

My semi-educated guess is that I would have to start the preload manually (it probably wouldn't start from Rest), but that it would then download and unlock fine afterward, but I'm curious...

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
PS4 remote question: I have a remote that works really well. After the last patch, the remote is not turning my ps4 on. I have to turn it on some other way like with a controller, then after I've told the ps4 who is using the controller (I have to use the controller to do this) the remote connects and I am able to turn off the controller and use the remote as normal.

Before this last firmware patch, I could turn on the ps4 and use the remote without touching a controller. If anyone's unclear, I'm using this thing:

(of course, I bought it like 8 months ago and it's already the loving 'old model' on amazon): https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-...QY30FVKCZNDCY06

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Snak posted:

Trip report please, I didn't know this was dropping so soon. Looks real interesting but also screams 'sale' to me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Trip report please, I didn't know this was dropping so soon. Looks real interesting but also screams 'sale' to me.

I'm probably gonna play the whole thing in one sitting tonight, so I'll keep you guys updated.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

How long is it supposed to be?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Lakbay posted:

How's Uncharted 4 Multiplayer these days? I tried it out at 4's launch but it felt kinda bland with the gunplay and map design. Did it improve or is it dead? If it improved I might buy Lost Legacy since I really like Plunder

Legacy had the Uncharted 4 MP in it and it's compatible with both games, so there'll be a healthy population this month, and then it'll empty out again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bombadilillo posted:

How long is it supposed to be?

They're saying about 8 hours.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Seedge posted:

Legacy had the Uncharted 4 MP in it and it's compatible with both games, so there'll be a healthy population this month, and then it'll empty out again.

Sounds like just a rental then, thanks!

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Lirik is one of the biggest (and best) Twitch streamers. You can't DVR his stream until it ends and gets archived as a VOD, but here's an opening clip from his current playthrough: https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyFlaccidLatteRitzMitz.

Game is friggin' gorgeous.

He only started playing a little less than three hours ago, so who knows, maybe it gets dumb later on, but for now, it's a great watch.

You should also either play this with headphones or surround sound to do the soundstage justice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ah gently caress it I'mma get Hellblade too :rain:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i like how the cover of Hellblade shows the girl looking up like "really? you called my game HELLBLADE?"

ufarn
May 30, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

I preordered Hellblade and am annoyed to see it didn't bother downloading it overnight like it's supposed to. Luckily the internet where I am is pretty good but it'll still probably take a bit.
Yeah, I always turn on my PS4 before I leave for work that day just in case. The console should go to Rest mode after downloading anything hopefully, but it's annoying how you can't trust that feature.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

redreader posted:

Before this last firmware patch, I could turn on the ps4 and use the remote without touching a controller. If anyone's unclear, I'm using this thing:

That's odd. I didn't think there was anything but the PS4 remote and physical button that could power on the PS4 when it's completely off, because reasons

CordlessPen posted:

This reminds me: I recently set my primary PS4 to a friend's. I know that remote downloads (and remote play, and remote anything) is set to his PS4, but does anyone know if I preorder anything on the PS4 itself, will it preload correctly? Will it start downloading automatically?

My semi-educated guess is that I would have to start the preload manually (it probably wouldn't start from Rest), but that it would then download and unlock fine afterward, but I'm curious...

Hmm wouldn't it just start preloading on his ps4? (Assuming it was on or in rest mode) just start the download using your ps4 itself and should be fine...I think?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

i like how the cover of Hellblade shows the girl looking up like "really? you called my game HELLBLADE?"

"Wait sacrifice? I'm gonna die, aren't I..."

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Don't really know where else to post this but I'm having a very strange issue. My TV normally works fine, but whenever I turn my PS4 on and switch to the HDMI input for it, my TV will just continually turn off and on again. The PS4 will either have the blue or the white bar pulsing rather than flat, and when this is happening I can't turn my tv or my PS4 off without holding down the power button on the PS4. Sony Bravia TV, will post the exact model when I'm back home. Tried replugging everything obviously and unplugging everything from the PS4 and pressing the power button which someone online recommended, didn't seem to do anything.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Try a new HDMI cable.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Try a new HDMI cable.

Not trying to be a dick but how often do people post these long drawn out stories about their ps4 being buggy only to find it's because of the monoprice HDMI cable they bought in 2008

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay, startin up Hellblade...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Okay, startin up Hellblade...

I am loving it so far

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atari and Jeff Minter are making Tempest 4000 for "current generation consoles" and PC this Winter. Also includes HD remaster of the original Tempest.

After everything about TxK I'm kind of shocked to see this but it's still pretty sick! If it's anything like TxK then it'll be worth it for the soundtrack alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX0hZuL_Y9k

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I am loving it so far

Me too. It looks and sounds fantastic. The puzzles are cool, and I dig the feel of combat so far. Still getting the hang of it. It's deeper than it looks.

There's a photo mode, but I haven't played with it yet.

I cranked my surround sound volume all the way up.

Also there's a run button.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not trying to be a dick but how often do people post these long drawn out stories about their ps4 being buggy only to find it's because of the monoprice HDMI cable they bought in 2008

I just swapped out the cable with a different one that is definitely working and I'm getting the exact same issue.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Me too. It looks and sounds fantastic. The puzzles are cool, and I dig the feel of combat so far. Still getting the hang of it. It's deeper than it looks.

There's a photo mode, but I haven't played with it yet.

I cranked my surround sound volume all the way up.

Also there's a run button.

Yeah set the menu option to toggle run, it will save your finger a lot of trouble

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

speaking of uncharted 4 multiplayer, i am supremely excited for the last of us 2 because i think the last of us is probably my favorite game ever but man, the last of us multiplayer was SO FUCKIN GOOD. if tlou2 multi is more or less the same thing i am gonna be hooked.

edit: speaking of multiplayer, i know a lot of y'all hate cod but is anyone chill planning on getting ww2. i just want some buddies to have fun with while im stoned on painkillers and cant work

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Get on my level scrub.

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-Diamond-52-49-Braided-Cable/dp/B00IL3TZSQ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Paracelsus posted:

NG took me ~110 hours, NG+ took ~20.
Oh, that sounds good. Do you keep your character's ability levels (the non-combat ones) so you don't have to study or anything?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it would be a first if you didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

rabidsquid posted:

speaking of uncharted 4 multiplayer, i am supremely excited for the last of us 2 because i think the last of us is probably my favorite game ever but man, the last of us multiplayer was SO FUCKIN GOOD. if tlou2 multi is more or less the same thing i am gonna be hooked.

At this point I'd be more upset if ND hosed up tlou2 multi instead of story.