Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Also, just an observation:

Next page:

:hurm:

Quid, you know that my standard policy is to let newbies live on D1 unless they do something truly egregious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Your standard scumgame is also to magically appear whenever your name is mentioned :allears:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quidthulhu posted:

You are a teacher!

Quid you're a teacher too so you should know that teachers can be very dumb

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yes but you are a very intelligent man :3:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Quid, you know that my standard policy is to let newbies live on D1 unless they do something truly egregious.

To further clarify for everyone else:

Basically anyone who has less than 5 games in votefinder gets a D1 pass from me in most cases.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw Birb is this seriously one of the main reasons you think I could be scum:

Birdstrike posted:

This post twigged me because it undersells my casing-while-shitposting abilities.

just read what I was replying to, that was a burn on Ninth not a comment on you, god

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Murmur Twin posted:

I was more teasing Quid for lurking through his last few games than I was calling him scummy. We were knee-deep in jokephase so I figured that was clear?

I read this as a question wonk wonk.

Murmur Twin posted:

I was more teasing Quid for lurking through his last few games than I was calling him scummy. We were knee-deep in jokephase so I figured that was clear?

I'm confused about the Lil Mac thing. I don't think scum is going to be so loud about this shouting "I'm town" and putting the focus on them by stating the alignment right away to get into the game.

Mac, what do you think about each of the votes on you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eight Dollars posted:

I'm confused about the Lil Mac thing. I don't think scum is going to be so loud about this shouting "I'm town" and putting the focus on them by stating the alignment right away to get into the game.

I'm a bit concerned now about the idea of different "motivation" factions, which Hats has belatedly brought up to defend his thought process:

The Lord of Hats posted:

I was kind of operating under the assumption that there were multiple town factions out there, because of how the original flavor post talked about different motivations behind what goes down on the train, and I was trying to suss that out a bit. I still feel confident saying there's multiple factions at play, though I don't know for certain if that's just 3P or not.

I re-read the OP and I DON'T see any flavor about different motivations behind what goes down on the train. I wonder if Hats might be giving away too much of his extra knowledge as he tries to explain away his thought process. Hats, can you quote what you're talking about here?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mac is reading a lot more naturally than Bif, right now, imo. Whoever described Bif as lording the setup over LMac felt very in line with my thoughts.

##vote Bifauxnen

It just seems so drat much like they're trying to take that vocal, leading role too much. Her D1 posting feels a bit like searching for targets and then quickly settling on Little Mac for, what, posting role stuff after Max and them said that wasn't worthwhile anymore?

I disagree. I also thought I might be a lyncher when the game began (I thought I had to live until the Freniere were dead) because even "Vengeance-aligned" sounds scummy.

I think Bif might be attacking that because they did not get that natural reaction that a town player might get trying to discern their role.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Lord of Hats posted:

I was kind of operating under the assumption that there were multiple town factions out there, because of how the original flavor post talked about different motivations behind what goes down on the train, and I was trying to suss that out a bit. I still feel confident saying there's multiple factions at play, though I don't know for certain if that's just 3P or not.

thanks for pointing this post out, too, Bif. Because I don't think anyone would have read the flavor and picked up different teams. It seems like Hats just knows more about the setup and is using some flavor to cover their tracks.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Eight Dollars posted:

Mac, what do you think about each of the votes on you?

Bif's is fine. The rest are suspect. Pera's seems weirdest tbh.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf you are confusing me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
please lowercase my p tia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

you're being a bit cocky

Sandwolf posted:

It just seems so drat much like they're trying to take that vocal, leading role too much.

man I thought people knew who I was

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*inhales deeply*

I love people detailing their own meta.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

*inhales deeply*

I love people detailing their own meta.

"how does someone not know I am cocky" isn't even a meta argument mate

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidthulhu posted:

I already answered this, MMT, I pretty clearly delineated my thought process. It's feeling like you're not actually reading me at this point.

I'm talking specifically about the quotes I posted from Hats that you don't address in any of your casework. You mentioned his post with cases on other people and that he's not new but you don't mention anything about Hats' ruminating about the N0 kill.

So again I ask - did those specific posts impact your opinion of Hats? If so, how? If not, why not?

Quidthulu posted:

It's also weird that you voted for me and then empty quoted my opinion to express your own ideas on the matter. Where am I scum in there, Murmur?

Murmur Twin posted:

What about my case on you looks different from how I normally do it?

And this question definitely wasn't rhetorical - what about my case on you stuck out as different enough from how I usually make cases that you thought it was worth mentioning?

I mean, if it's not clear, I'm grilling you on this because I think you're scum faking content and I think you're avoiding answering what I'm asking.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Her D1 posting feels a bit like searching for targets and then quickly settling on Little Mac for, what, posting role stuff after Max and them said that wasn't worthwhile anymore?

I disagree. I also thought I might be a lyncher when the game began (I thought I had to live until the Freniere were dead) because even "Vengeance-aligned" sounds scummy.

I think Bif might be attacking that because they did not get that natural reaction that a town player might get trying to discern their role.

did you miss all the stuff that came right after LMac's flavor claim? and why are you voting me and agreeing with me in the same post, also the following post kinda

I would move back to Hats btw depending on how he scrambles now

oh, MT's here! MT I don't think you ever answered me directly asking for your opinion on Jeabus and Hats, and also the flavor arguments that Birb and I were making about Jeabus and Hats. (by this I mean the arguments Birb was making about Jeabus, plus the argument I was making about Hats, not the argument that Birb was making about "Jeabus and Hats")

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Max posted:

Ah, a self-meta defense.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh wait, no you did, I just didn't think much of it at the time:

Murmur Twin posted:

I think that Hats musing about multiple killing factions / why the N0 kill was scum is the scummiest thing about him, but it's nowhere near conclusive and other than that his play this game seems consistent with how he usually sounds.

I understand the logic behind the Jeabus case but to me it's entirely plausible that maybe he didn't just read too much into the N0 flavor/results and assumed he was town because there was no scumdoc in his PM. The fact that so many people are jumping on him (especially this early in the game) makes me feel like it's a good but incorrect case, and that scum are trying to use it to drive a mislynch.

carry on, back to Hats.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

oh wait, no you did, I just didn't think much of it at the time:

carry on, back to Hats.

I'd love a second opinion on Quid if you're going tit for tat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

I'd love a second opinion on Quid if you're going tit for tat.

I don't like him sucking up to me, but I like that he independently voted Hats for decent reasons.

I might have been reading his posts agreeing with me too generously though, from thinking he had twigged on to my flavor angle. But for now I'm not seeing him as scummy as you are. His participating at all makes me see him as more likely town too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
heh

tit

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man this IS weird

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I think that Hats musing about multiple killing factions / why the N0 kill was scum is the scummiest thing about him, but it's nowhere near conclusive and other than that his play this game seems consistent with how he usually sounds.

I understand the logic behind the Jeabus case but to me it's entirely plausible that maybe he didn't just read too much into the N0 flavor/results and assumed he was town because there was no scumdoc in his PM. The fact that so many people are jumping on him (especially this early in the game) makes me feel like it's a good but incorrect case, and that scum are trying to use it to drive a mislynch.

If that is the case, who are the scum that are using it to drive a miscuddle?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

man I thought people knew who I was

i have no idea who you are and assuming people do is bullshit; self-meta arguments are bullshit

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Current thoughts after the most recent surge of posts:

Gut scum feels on pera.

Gut scum feels on Bifaux.

Hey Bifaux, am I imagining things, or did you not tell me, in the last game we played together, when I commented on how you were kinda hanging back and not doing much in the early game, that that is how you normally play and you don't get all analytical and involved until later? I mean, I was totally wrong that it made you scum that game, but now you are playing drastically different again and again it is pinging me. Since now I know that OTHER game was town you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Foo posted:

i have no idea who you are and assuming people do is bullshit; self-meta arguments are bullshit

well I'm not talking about you cause yeah I've never seen you before

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Bifaux, am I imagining things, or did you not tell me, in the last game we played together, when I commented on how you were kinda hanging back and not doing much in the early game, that that is how you normally play and you don't get all analytical and involved until later? I mean, I was totally wrong that it made you scum that game, but now you are playing drastically different again and again it is pinging me. Since now I know that OTHER game was town you.

which game you talking about, cause you can't mean FF5? In role madness games or poo poo with mechanics I can analyze right from the getgo there's no reason to hold back

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also I didn't expect me breadcrumbing Protomen lyrics from the song Vengeance would actually mean anything beyond D1 loving around, but here we are

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

well I'm not talking about you cause yeah I've never seen you before

which game you talking about, cause you can't mean FF5? In role madness games or poo poo with mechanics I can analyze right from the getgo there's no reason to hold back

Whichever the last FF was.... FF4:Subwhatever? Or whatever it was.

I'm fine going and looking for it if you tell me I'm wrong about this. I am getting older so who knows.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Whichever the last FF was.... FF4:Subwhatever? Or whatever it was.

I'm fine going and looking for it if you tell me I'm wrong about this. I am getting older so who knows.

I didn't play in The After Years actually.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

maybe that's why I was so uncharacteristically quiet haha

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't play in The After Years actually.

Huh.

Ok. I'll do some digging to find wherever it was.

So to be clear, no way will I find something like that?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Huh.

Ok. I'll do some digging to find wherever it was.

So to be clear, no way will I find something like that?

I do remember saying something like that to both you and Pod recently - I love to get all analytical on the game but not till I actually have poo poo to work with. D1 usually doesn't have that. This time it did though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a bit concerned now about the idea of different "motivation" factions, which Hats has belatedly brought up to defend his thought process:

I re-read the OP and I DON'T see any flavor about different motivations behind what goes down on the train. I wonder if Hats might be giving away too much of his extra knowledge as he tries to explain away his thought process. Hats, can you quote what you're talking about here?

Podima posted:

As the Sunset Limited rolled away from New Orleans, its passengers settled themselves into seats or knocked back a celebratory drink at the bar. None aboard had any clue what sort of chaos was about to unfold on this simple train journey, sparked by hatred, jealousy, greed, regret, and above all... the seductive power of Shine.

My faction is "Vengeance", I really don't think it's that far of a stretch to think there might be others to muddle Town/non-town readings.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

or, you know, instead of trying to go "she's scum cause she gets analytical on D1 instead of D2" or because I make X number of posts, you could try reading and judging the content

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

My faction is "Vengeance", I really don't think it's that far of a stretch to think there might be others to muddle Town/non-town readings.

I noticed that later and thought that might have been what you meant, but it does still seem like a stretch to me, especially since you mentioned other scum factions:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is having the N0 flip be scum a thing that happens? I mean, I know I'm getting all setup-spec-y right out of the starting gates here, but having a Godfather as the first flip seems to imply another faction that has a kill, whether it's SK or another scum faction. Or a vigilante who's feeling especially murderous, I guess?

like my first reaction was "if vengeance is a whole alignment and everyone has their own separate reason to want to kill off this drat family, well no wonder Ecco's multi-dead"

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Hey MMT, what do you think about Max and pera? I promise I'll look at Quid tomorrow while I'm at work as payment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i was re-reading the jeabus thing and it was amusing to me that even after hatlord came out and said what the deal was with the kill in the OP, jeabus missed the point again

and actually based on those post timings, i'm going to say i don't think jeabus scumslipped

• Locked thread