Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Rez Infinite is now on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/636450/Rez_Infinite/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

with additional duke nukem dlc

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Anyone with a VR headset should by this immediately.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

where's duke nukem

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Final Fantasy XV is on sale. Did it turn out good or bad?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That one gif with a katana lady (I don't know if it was posted in this thread or another) made it look cool

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

People will tell you it's bad but it's good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mr E posted:

It's still turning out

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't think I'll ever have the time to get around to FF15 but regardless of all other consideration it deserves praise for depicting the most appetizing food entrees in video game history.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I watched the Castlevania anime.

I don't even usually like Anime but it was really cool. Now I want to play a Castlevania game. I only ever did the metroid half of metroidvanias. What's the best way to play Symphony of the Night these days? Emulate?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rez Infinite kicks fuckig rear end everyone should play it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mr E posted:

It's a real strange game that's a love letter to Coleman Camping Equipment and lovingly rendered food.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Mr E posted:

Its ok, the world and the characters and the sub quests are excellent but the concert system is confusing and unintuitive and brings it all down for me personally.

I bounced off it after 12 hours and am yet to go back but my friend that loves FF battered 100 hour into it in 2 months.

Edit. I meant combat system but I'm leaving that there as an FF8 tribute.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Butter Hole posted:

I don't even usually like Anime but it was really cool. Now I want to play a Castlevania game. I only ever did the metroid half of metroidvanias. What's the best way to play Symphony of the Night these days? Emulate?

i think it might be available on playstation 4/xbox's marketplaces but if you're willing to emulate it i would recommend that as the best way

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

If you've got a PSP or Vita, there's Dracula X Chronicles that has it as an unlock, the 360 XBL version is backwards compatible with Xbox One, the PS1 classics version if you've got a PS3 (also works with a PSP and Vita if you don't want the PSP collection or don't want to deal with unlocking it). There's differences between those versions (most notably DXC has a new translation and voice acting) but you'll be mostly okay with grabbing any of them.

Otherwise emulating, yeah.

Edit: Also Dracula X Chronicles specifically doesn't work on a Vita TV.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 9, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Butter Hole posted:

The PS3/Vita PS1 classic version probably

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Play Super Castlevania IV, it has the best version of Bloody Tears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQex8CB9eA

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Is this an actual commercial or a Kazuhira-Burger aside?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The White Dragon posted:

this is how i felt with the puzzle in tales of vesperia. there's this place where you have to input a word of eight letters or fewer into a blank window and it gives you three hints: BRIGHT, ROUND, SKY. and it's like ok there's a fourth hint that tells me how to put these together... right?

no you have to guess without being told that they're describing something that's bright, round, and in the sky, and not some weird hosed up cipher, into a completely blank alphanumeric window. it was beyond terrible design.

Did this ever get figured out?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

vermin posted:

Is this an actual commercial or a Kazuhira-Burger aside?

It's an actual sidequest in-game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

It's good

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mr E posted:

It's boring.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I like all the different restaurant food in Yakuza 0. Especially the crab-on-everything place.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

Bad. Its such a mess.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

haveblue posted:

Agreed. Area X was the moment i realised VR is not a gimmick.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

haveblue posted:

also anyone without a VR headset

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play Super Castlevania IV, it has the best version of Bloody Tears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoQex8CB9eA

I mean, it's good but it can't compete with the butt rock fury of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guoStHFVDyY

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What about VR goggles

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what the gently caress? that looks cool. I beat FFXV and that looks way cooler

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Another card game, really? Can't the kids these days just play card games IRL, I don't see what is so hard about it, all you need is a table, a card game deck, some friends... oh wait, the target audience are Dota Players, yeah those spergs have no friends.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The first ten minutes or so of Hellblade left such a good impression on me. I love the dourness, and the constant whispers really give me vibes of an Icepick Lodge game like The Void.
I'm not head over heels about this combat though, it's pretty slow and shallow so far. But hey if it gets better I'll stick with it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Who else here is excited for the Total Warhammer DLC tomorrow?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Well that's the most mixed reaction to a game I've seen in a while. I think I'll wait till FFXV is cheaper to consider getting it again.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Gwent, Scrolls, Hearthstone, Artifact? I'm up to my eyeballs in AAA studio TCGs and I don't want to play a single one.

Although I can't help but laugh that MTG has had a TCG going for like 15 years and it's still a steaming pile of poo poo. Wizards is the worst loving company.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

It's out already!? :eyepop:

I don't have a VR setup but gently caress it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FauxLeather posted:

The first ten minutes or so of Hellblade left such a good impression on me. I love the dourness, and the constant whispers really give me vibes of an Icepick Lodge game like The Void.
I'm not head over heels about this combat though, it's pretty slow and shallow so far. But hey if it gets better I'll stick with it.

I think the combat in Hellblade isn't bad by any means and Senua controls just fine, but it's kind of routine and the regular enemies aren't very challenging. The bosses are more engaging and encourage you to do more than just wail on them, however. I think I would have preferred it if they just kept all the combat encounters to bosses only but I guess most of the gaming population would revolt more than they already do. Combat really doesn't take center stage in Hellblade so nobody should go into it thinking there's a whole lot of fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Magic's my favorite card game but they'll never monetize it the way Hearthstone is because Wizards is insanely cheap

• Locked thread