Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Spaced God posted:

I watched live in a Rose Buddies discord and the finale was so bad it ended in a coup and now we all watch Terrace House every Monday.
It's gonna be a fun Rose Buddies

That finale was the most rage-inducing bullshit I've seen in a TV series in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Organza Quiz posted:

drat, I just realised that with Rose Buddies probably never covering the Bachelor again, all the projects with Nick being almost certainly dead in the water and the TAZ arc ending next week, the only ongoing Griffin content as we know it is MBMBaM itself. And I guess occasionally Monster Factory?

As they've said repeatedly, TAZ will continue. Griffin may stop DM'ing but he'll be there. Griffin and Rachel have already said Rose Buddies will continue in some form; they're debating which shows to substitute.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Spaced God posted:

I watched live in a Rose Buddies discord and the finale was so bad it ended in a coup and now we all watch Terrace House every Monday.

Hmm, Terrace House, you say. Any good recap podcasts for that out there?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

yeah actually they will posted:

Hmm, Terrace House, you say. Any good recap podcasts for that out there?

If you look at the Rose Buddies back catalog, they've done several recaps during the Bachelor-adjacent off season.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you look at the Rose Buddies back catalog, they've done several recaps during the Bachelor-adjacent off season.

I think he was saying that because Nick did one.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I think he was saying that because Nick did one.

oops

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I hope they do more, there's been 2 more Aloha State "seasons" released since their last one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They should do a few episodes based on a face value watching of Burning Love.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

I hope they do more, there's been 2 more Aloha State "seasons" released since their last one.

I don't like Aloha state as much. I want to be back in glorious Nippon.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They should do a few episodes based on a face value watching of Burning Love.
What a fanty-tale that would be.

Drunkboxer posted:

I don't like Aloha state as much. I want to be back in glorious Nippon.
If you thought Boys & Girls in the City was slow burn, Aloha State is like watching grass grow, at least for the first batch. Haven't made it very far into the second to be honest.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I liked Peacecraft, lil Griffy should do more MMO stuff.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Propaganda Hour posted:

That finale was the most rage-inducing bullshit I've seen in a TV series in a long time.

geez, what happened?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
On the finale one guy kept saying it was too soon to get married, that he wasn't ready to propose, etc.

At least that's what I heard.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

If you thought Boys & Girls in the City was slow burn, Aloha State is like watching grass grow, at least for the first batch. Haven't made it very far into the second to be honest.

Aloha State is SO SLOW i can't believe it. Particularly after the (relatively) rapid fire drama at the end of Boys & Girls In The City.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Yeah I loved boys and girls in the city but I dipped out after a few episodes of Aloha State. I don't know why exactly but the magic just wasn't there.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

I liked Peacecraft, lil Griffy should do more MMO stuff.
i was gonna post "elder strolls" as a joke but then I realized that was an actual thing that PC Gamer did years ago

Guild Chores
Planetstride
ARK Relaxing Evolved
Pardon Our Rust
Compliance
Pacifestiny

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 9, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
marchage

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Apparently she really wanted to pick the one guy who had great chemistry all along but had insisted that he couldn't propose to someone after just six weeks of knowing her, and that ended up being an impasse, and they had a heartrending breakup on camera on national television-- then had a very boring proposal with the guy who was willing to get engaged right then.

AND THEN they had all of them watch the episode live, relive all that, then discuss it in brutal fashion.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
It's up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ten seconds in and griffin lets out a groan of death

this is gonna be good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good news: The show is FREE on VRV!

https://twitter.com/mbmbam/status/895339023174176768

Tales from the Clownbox is also included.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, free now? Somebody rip that extra poo poo the rest of the world doesn't get to see. That's ok now it's free right?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, I just hope buying it on the google store helped the bros out, rather than just going to Seeso exec's pockets before they shuttered the place.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Build-a-Boar posted:

Oh, free now? Somebody rip that extra poo poo the rest of the world doesn't get to see. That's ok now it's free right?
It's still up for sale on iTunes in Canada (and probably at least UK?), so it's not "abandonware" yet.

Don't do your boys like that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kenny Logins posted:

Don't do your boys like that.

But if you are gonna do your boys like that, make sure you do it in front of they dad.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

They do have ad-breaks now if you're not a subscriber, and there's one too many in my opinion. They're also all only for other shows and anime, none of which is very interesting.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/WatchVRV/status/895347948959039488

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I already bought it, but it doesn't have the extra stuff. That's what I meant~

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Build-a-Boar posted:

I already bought it, but it doesn't have the extra stuff. That's what I meant~
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were talking about just the extra stuff. My bad.

Thanks for being good to your boys. As a fellow iTunes buyer, I would also like the extra stuff, but alas, alack.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I canceled my seeso almost immediately so I haven't seen most of the bonus stuff anyway, this vrv thing is good for me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh maybe a good omen for other Seeso Refugees at least, MBMBAM and Harmonquest are part of "VRV Select" which also has Jonah Ray's show. Hopefully at least a couple other things get saved.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

sexpig by night posted:

Huh maybe a good omen for other Seeso Refugees at least, MBMBAM and Harmonquest are part of "VRV Select" which also has Jonah Ray's show. Hopefully at least a couple other things get saved.

The name "VRV Select" makes me wonder just how quickly this all went down.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

standard owl posted:

don't forget Justin's Jigsaw/rogue food scientist voice

You all forgot his Tim Curry.

ChEEse pIZZa.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No way Griffin is 200 lbs. I'm 185 and he's a lot smaller than me

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah I loved boys and girls in the city but I dipped out after a few episodes of Aloha State. I don't know why exactly but the magic just wasn't there.
For what it's worth, I thought Aloha State got way better starting in Part 2. Taishi and Guy are A+ Terrace House residents.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Spaced God posted:

I don't listen to Rose Buddies, but I have heard of the issues with the Bachelor recently. What happened on the finale that set everyone off?

Edit: Nevermind, someone answered it above

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 9, 2017

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No way Griffin is 200 lbs. I'm 185 and he's a lot smaller than me

Amiibos are surprisingly dense

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Griffin's been photoshopping himself this entire time.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

griffin's entire existence is actually an elaborate hoax by lin manuel miranda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I liked Griffin and Rachel's explanation of why they were bailing: it just wasn't fun any more. They like watching people in love, or the pretense of that. I'm with them.