Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Takoluka, to be specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Today’s issue of Weekly Famitsu included a spread on the upcoming duo of games by Atlus Persona 5 Dancing Star Night and Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night.

The article includes quite a few details on the game, that will be similar to Persona 4: Dancing all Light in its gameplay structure, but will also include improvements and new elements. One of those elements is a new mode that will work as a replacement of Story Mode from the previous game. That said, there will still be a story, and it’ll include both serious and more light-hearted elements.

The PS4 version of the games will run at 60 frames per second, but that won’t apply to the PS Vita version.

http://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-dancing-star-night-persona-3-dancing-moon-night-screenshots/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Oh good, P3D is back on my radar now.

That said, it cracks me up that Minato still can't smile

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This Minato is entirely too stylish. No, I don't buy it.

e: there better be some dances where he keeps his hands in his pockets the whole time

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

StandardVC10 posted:

This Minato is entirely too stylish. No, I don't buy it.

He's been drinking a lot of coffee.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yesss story

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It won't be canon(which will be good)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Luna Was Here posted:

yep

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Actually, you'll find it is extremely canon because Elizabeth killed death or whatever.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
*Shulk voice* Minahhhto

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Seemingly the Japanese fans want Minato to become the new master of the Velvet Room.

I would fine with that.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://s1.webmshare.com/QPAxa.webm

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Luna Was Here posted:

quote:

While Wada wants to increase the appreciation for the characters through the new Persona dancing titles, Kozuka says that the games these titles are derived from have serious stories—which will be expanded on in these rhythm games—but he also wants to put powerful and colorful elements that you can’t have in the RPGs. He feels this will broaden the range of the Persona series.

Sounds like it will be canon to me

http://personacentral.com/persona-3-persona-5-dancing-interviews-feature-initial-game-details/

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seemingly the Japanese fans want Minato to become the new master of the Velvet Room.

I would fine with that.

I think the Velvet Room is made of his hair.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fuckin LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
As long as it's canon as much as PQ's shenangians, then does it really matter

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess some people feel compelled to buy canon games even though the plots will never be referenced again except vaguely in maybe further spinoffs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im glad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would fine with that.

Tell them to eat my rear end

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
たべるを尻

Post that on 2chan in response to the people asking for it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Baal posted:

たべるを尻

Post that on 2chan in response to the people asking for it

tell them to rear end your eat?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll eat your rear end if you keep correcting my mistakes, missy

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
moar like 尻を食ってやがれ、ぼけ

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

I hope P3Dancing has a story and it's ultra-canon, and it does even more damage to Hero Boy's legacy than The Answer did. Just poo poo all over him.

It turns out all he had to do was challenge death to a dance battle to save the world, not all of that silliness with self-sacrifice! Whoops!

that owns tho

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Who cares if it's canon or not, just ignore it if you don't like it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Who cares if it's canon or not, just ignore it if you don't like it

Well, this is true only if nothing ever mentions it again. If you dislike a story and a sequel references it you can't really ignore it.

That said nothing is ever going to reference DAN outside of like brief image cameos like in P5 so...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Persona games barely reference the previous entries whatsoever let alone spinoffs as far as I can tell

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Doesn't Arena Ultimax references DAN?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P4D takes place after Ultimax, so no

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Well, this is true only if nothing ever mentions it again. If you dislike a story and a sequel references it you can't really ignore it.

That said nothing is ever going to reference DAN outside of like brief image cameos like in P5 so...

Has there ever been an Atlus series with a third game with explicit story continuity to whatever was before it. There's tons of references but never anything deeper.

Ultimax is like the closest I can think of and that's a stretch.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

Has there ever been an Atlus series with a third game with explicit story continuity to whatever was before it. There's tons of references but never anything deeper.

Ultimax is like the closest I can think of and that's a stretch.

If you count Persona 2: Eternal Punishment as the third Persona game instead of Persona 3

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't SMT: if > Persona 1 > Persona 2 Duology all take place in the same setting?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Item Getter posted:

If you count Persona 2: Eternal Punishment as the third Persona game instead of Persona 3

Presumably people who liked Innocent Sin would also like Eternal Punishment, so it wouldn't have the issue of being a sequel people wanted to play to a sequel people hated.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Wark Say posted:

Didn't SMT: if > Persona 1 > Persona 2 Duology all take place in the same setting?

They are are in a straight chronological sequence with shared characters and references but with different locations and plots. SMT: if characters appear in both Persona 1 and 2 while 2 has three playable characters and one of the main villains from 1. Persona 3 having almost no real ties to 2 (outside of Trish's tv show and a reference to the Nanjo group) was a real departure.

Apparently on a TV show in 5 they talk about Katsuya Suou like in 3 so 3-5 are probably in the same universe although there probably won't be anything more than that. On the other hand it's probably just for fun so who knows!

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 10, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gotcha. Also, there are like 3 or 4 spin-offs that are setup between the time skip in SMTI and the time skip between SMTI and II.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Radish posted:

They are are in a straight chronological sequence with shared characters and references but with different locations and plots. SMT: if characters appear in both Persona 1 and 2 while 2 has three playable characters and one of the main villains from 1. Persona 3 having almost no real ties to 2 (outside of Trish's tv show and a reference to the Nanjo group) was a real departure.

Apparently on a TV show in 5 they talk about Katsuya Suou like in 3 so 3-5 are probably in the same universe although there probably won't be anything more than that. On the other hand it's probably just for fun so who knows!

I remember a manga that had If... as a prequel to the first SMT, with If's main characters replacing the ones from SMT.

It was pretty loving weird.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

We need a Hyrule Historia for SMT games

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Pablo Gigante posted:

We need a Hyrule Historia for SMT games

I wonder how many timelines there are.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there a fanart which included every single SMT MC up until DeSu 2's?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh yeah Persona 2 is also tied up with Soul Hackers as well I forgot.

One of the things I miss about Persona 2 is that a good chunk of the side character vendors (and one of the story side characters) were Atlus staff self inserts.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In P4G, if the guy on 2F of the Practice Building makes something for you, does he not do it again? I need the mop for the Quest for the Cleaning Club guy in the main School building, but I'm pretty sure the guy already made me a mop and he doesn't seem to want to do it again. I'm fairly sure I sold the mop he made me. Can I buy it back off Daidara?