Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Bogart posted:

i'm sorry.

Thank you. Now I may begin to heal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Bogart posted:

i'm sorry.

6/10

Would not accept

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No! He did real. Pain.

We will destroy him

You've had a real interesting series of posts about this whole situation. Your first contributions to this thread, ever, are to accuse Nick's friends of being disloyal and say the accusations as specious, and because you haven't seen any cold hard proof you dismiss the whole discussion as SJW-call-out-culture-twitter-mob-virtual-signaling bullshit. Then when a victim does present proof, you argue nothing improper happened, everyone's upset over bullshit, and dismiss any suggestion that any power dynamics could be involved in interactions between Nick and his fans. And when he's fired and admits he did something wrong, you've moved on to making GBS threads on the people who aren't lining up to shower him with hugs and smiles over his cruddy apology.

Like, are you just finding out that shooting "send nudes" at random teenagers is not an acceptable method of flirting? Is that why you're mad?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Danika Harrod knows at least some of what Nick did. Here's what she said:

http://twitter.com/danikaharrod/status/895796410544685056

Serf
May 5, 2011

ATP5G1 posted:

You've had a real interesting series of posts about this whole situation. Your first contributions to this thread, ever, are to accuse Nick's friends of being disloyal and say the accusations as specious, and because you haven't seen any cold hard proof you dismiss the whole discussion as SJW-call-out-culture-twitter-mob-virtual-signaling bullshit. Then when a victim does present proof, you argue nothing improper happened, everyone's upset over bullshit, and dismiss any suggestion that any power dynamics could be involved in interactions between Nick and his fans. And when he's fired and admits he did something wrong, you've moved on to making GBS threads on the people who aren't lining up to shower him with hugs and smiles over his cruddy apology.

Like, are you just finding out that shooting "send nudes" at random teenagers is not an acceptable method of flirting? Is that why you're mad?

All the things you've discovered should indicate to you that this person is not worth engaging.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Serf posted:

All the things you've discovered should indicate to you that this person is not worth engaging.

...it is kinda nice to see it wrapped up with a bow, tho

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jon Irenicus posted:

In other news, it's Clint's birthday? I hope him and the boys had a nice day :unsmith:

Really? Happy birthday Clint! Let's celebrate by listening to a clip of him embarrassing his sons:

https://youtu.be/alAbyXGLLEA

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

oh dope posted:

6/10

Would not accept

6/10 is a good score on polygon though

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really? Happy birthday Clint! Let's celebrate by listening to a clip of him embarrassing his sons:

Travis is a secret MVP of this bit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

"I BUILT AN EMPIRE YOU WILL NOT DESTROY IT"

this was fantastic, I need to relisten to the donor stuff

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So whose gonna phish the last episode of TtS outta Nicks computer

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Remember when this thread was about the McElroys and not about virtue signaling?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I love Clint and I don't think I'd like adventure zone half as much if he wasn't part of it.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Griffin's absolute horror at the idea of eating in bed was really funny, especially when Rachel shyly chimed in that actually, before she was with him, she'd eaten in bed.

Man, tea in bed in the morning is one of the great pleasures of life.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm now going down the youtube rabbit hole which led me to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlNltGbB-rc

"Frosty doesn't have bones I don't think" is the funniest sentence ever said on this podcast.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Can you imagine if the adventurezone featured Nick and they weren't allowed to release the last loving episode because of him?

Then again the adventurezone would not be good with Nick in it so...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol rick danger nobinson definaltey dm'ed this twitter user

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Danika Harrod is an artist and the social editor for Waypoint. She's hardly Random McTwitterUser.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The next "lets go to hell" is just nick and griffin revisting the dirty DMs and twitter stuff in the wake of it the last couple days

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Nick really shoulda just cooked for that drat cube

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Propaganda Hour posted:

Nick really shoulda just cooked for that drat cube

seriously just grill the hammers nicholas

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

Remember when this thread was about the McElroys and not about virtue signaling?

Why is it so unbelievable that people who like the McElroy shows, which are ardently supportive of not being a piece of poo poo, are also fans of not being a piece of poo poo

why is that consigned to the realm of virtue signaling pap for you

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The Time Allen bit was far too relevant.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nick's life may be ruined over this, which seems a little harsh for the crime of forcing upon his victims the unimaginable horror of reading and then dismissing some mildly skeevy private messages. This would have gone a lot better if he was just told to stop that garbage in private rather than involving the entire internet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vargs posted:

Nick's life may be ruined over this, which seems a little harsh for the crime of forcing upon his victims the unimaginable horror of reading and then dismissing some mildly skeevy private messages. This would have gone a lot better if he was just told to stop that garbage in private rather than involving the entire internet.

he sexually harassed multiple people, apparently over a very long period of time, including trying to get nudes/sex from at least one underaged person. Like, I don't think he should be branded in the face or whatever but he probably needed to be removed from that environment yes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Danika Harrod is an artist and the social editor for Waypoint. She's hardly Random McTwitterUser.

The joke I was making seems to gone over your head meanwhile you are reinforcing the joke i was saying

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

SlimGoodbody posted:

Why is it so unbelievable that people who like the McElroy shows, which are ardently supportive of not being a piece of poo poo, are also fans of not being a piece of poo poo

why is that consigned to the realm of virtue signaling pap for you

Because this fandom and section of Twitter, good intentioned as they almost always are, are caught in a loop of trying to show how mad they are instead of, again, offering shows of support to victims.

E: Not necessarily talking about the verified accounts/ people with personal ties to Nick, but the endless armchair analysts shouting into the void over and over.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
So I have seen a bunch of people mention that one of the victims in the Nick Robinson Saga was underage; I don't recall where that assertion originated. Is there reason to believe that is the case? Big if true.

The Lowdog fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 11, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Nick Robinson would be perfect for the switch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ATP5G1 posted:

Thank you for doing your research on me, in this thread goon detective.

My answer is idc about any of this lol

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

inferis posted:

Nick Robinson would be perfect for the switch

*Looks at the Splatoon 2 voice chat frankenstein* How the gently caress do I beg for nudes with this?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

sexpig by night posted:

including trying to get nudes/sex from at least one underaged person.

literally none of this is proven and id think long an hard before accusing a dude of pedophilia off of Twitter hearsay

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Chieves posted:

Because this fandom and section of Twitter, good intentioned as they almost always are, are caught in a loop of trying to show how mad they are instead of, again, offering shows of support to victims.
Or, perhaps, we are replying to people who say what's the big deal and furthermore the real victim here is the man.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lol that apology read like something I would see in the politics thread, drat.

I wonder if he's going to try to stay in games or just leave the industry? I very much doubt he will get anyone to pick him up in games after this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You sure seem to post a lot for someone who doesn't care... :thunk:

E

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

literally none of this is proven and id think long an hard before accusing a dude of pedophilia off of Twitter hearsay

Or what?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Vargs posted:

He chose to do a thing that was clearly gonna get him fired if it came out. It came out, he got fired.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Who What Now posted:

You sure seem to post a lot for someone who doesn't care... :thunk:

E

Or what?

you seem like an extremely pleasant and cool person to interact with

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

You do you but I think generally the line for where to bring out the weird goon above-it-all troll mentality should probably be drawn somewhere before serial abuse

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

you seem like an extremely pleasant and cool person to interact with

So nothing, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

to quote a creepy guy, i liked it better when you were gone and not here