Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Jokers Gamble posted:

Since my headset broke I finally put some time into Shadow of Mordor. It's a solid game but my favorite part is that it has repeatedly asked me to avenge the death of Abu Hajaar.

You ever gonna get a new headset or did you break the PUBG addiction cycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol @ this Lawbreakers turd of a game. Why do companies keep putting out lovely FPSs and not learn from those before (lol Brink) I mean yeah I get Call of Duty is printing money

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Bet he's playing defcon

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's that or Galgun VR

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
he seems like the kind of guy who's way too into dota 2

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The Paranoia RPG java-software client I mentioned last month has been scrubbed from the internet so throughly that it feels like a Ultra-Violet^ clearance master-class troll.
That said, I should have a complete copy of jParanoia 1.3.1 this weekend if everything goes right.
Hit me up if you want a copy.

Hail Friend Computer.

^ Paranoia classifies people/robots/mutants using the entire spectrum of light. Infared rank equals peasant, Ultra-Violet rank equals God mode, visible colors equal player character classes.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

The Paranoia RPG java-software client I mentioned last month has been scrubbed from the internet so throughly that it feels like a Ultra-Violet^ clearance master-class troll.

Mongoose put out an updated PnP version late last year / early this year. Haven't checked it out yet.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

Mongoose put out an updated PnP version late last year / early this year. Haven't checked it out yet.

Feel confident the scrubbing of jParanoia from the internet happened because Mongoose finally published their updated Paranoia PnP.
The java Paranoia stuff is definitely based on older releases of the Paranoia RPG.
Paranoia 1st edition - Paranoia XP rulesets & gameplay.

Mongoose PnP Paranoia: it appears to be card based, which is a definite "ugh".
At least it doesn't appear to have 2 million game pieces to keep track of.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 11, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The new No Man's Sky patch notes make it seem like they've finally delivered something that resembles what they were promising in the first place. Who's going to be the guinea pig?

https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I beat ffxv. It's okay I guess. The story spreads across a movie and a few anime cartoons.

What I'm saying is I have no idea what was going on for a lot of it because I'm not going to watch anime.

Took ~27 hours of total playtime with limited side questing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im at 79 hours in persona 5

its good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I need to find a game that I can play for short bursts without having to keep track of any type of story since I'll only be playing a few hours during the weekend when school starts.

Multiplayer FPS games have usually filled that void but I'm so burned out from the genre that I'm looking elsewhere. There's an F1 racing game coming out that I might try the demo of.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

I need to find a game that I can play for short bursts without having to keep track of any type of story since I'll only be playing a few hours during the weekend when school starts.

Multiplayer FPS games have usually filled that void but I'm so burned out from the genre that I'm looking elsewhere. There's an F1 racing game coming out that I might try the demo of.

This is why I primarily stick to racing games. Have you played drive club?

Yea F1 2017 is out soon. It looks real good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

This is why I primarily stick to racing games. Have you played drive club?

Yea F1 2017 is out soon. It looks real good.

I haven't played any racing games since Forza 5 or whatever the current one was two years ago. Never even heard of Drive Club.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Play drive club. Fun and cheap

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

Play drive club. Fun and cheap

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

XCOM and XCOM 2 are good for that. Having separate missions gives you pretty good stopping points.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The Rat posted:

XCOM and XCOM 2 are good for that. Having separate missions gives you pretty good stopping points.

lol, I specifically cannot play XCOM when I have poo poo to do, because even when I hit a stopping point, I will have that "one more turn/mission" feeling.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fighting games only take 5 min a match

thats one big reason i play em

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tekken 7 was another one I've been considering. Haven't played tekken since ps1 though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Titanfall 2 MP matches are usually only 15 min long, which is nice, but frontier defense will usually last a half hour.

PUBG? lol either 2 minutes if you go hard or 30 minutes if you want a chicken dinner.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Playing a round of frontier defense in Titanfall 2 is a good way to unwind after having dealt with morons at work/school all day, I've found.

Edit: I like it because it's basically a really neat version of tower defense. I don't have the reflexes needed to be decent at actual T2 multiplayer.

Nuclear Tourist fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 11, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Until you end up on wargames on anything harder than easy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Tekken 7 was another one I've been considering. Haven't played tekken since ps1 though.

tekken 7 is super good

i say this as someone who never really gave a poo poo about tekken

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYyKp2uR-E

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

burn all card games forever

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its a board game

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
bored game for casuals

Shockules
May 2, 2017

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

This is basically what I've been doing with the new Doom game. Easy to just hop in and play a level here or there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive been playing nothing but mgsv sfv and persona v

i havent touched my pc in weeks for gaming tbh. at this point may just throw it on my tv for steambox and plex

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gonna play civ v now to complete the experience

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
the mgsv side missions are just too repetitive. i play it every now and then but can only do it for like 30 minutes tops, then i get bored.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i just do fob invasions and the events

trying to get all s-ranked soldiers

medical done, r+d almost done, everything else is a or above

also devving everything and working on my third fob development

need to do animals and mission tasks, and s-rank all story missions.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i need to do the pc mod and do a subsistence run too

ive no-killed and euro'd all the previous mgs games and i really miss doing it

is no-kill even possible????

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey cole smoke weed and start playing the new updates in no man's sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

props to them for still updating a game people stopped caring about a year ago, but also lol for the same reason

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, and on the topic of card games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ5hYlWQ3vk

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

you could try mass effect 3, still one of the best horde mode multiplayers i've played and even 5 years after release i had no trouble finding games the other night

or faster than light, that's a great quick game

in other news since pillars of eternity somehow ate my save even in this age of steam cloud saves, i started playing tyranny

it owns bones like gently caress, particularly since you can respond to probably half the interactions with [glares silently]

bronze age judge dredd basically

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Have you tried pubg?

When I need a break I hit up Age of Empires 2 because why the gently caress not? I can set it up to crush the computer in about a 15 minute game if I want.

Edit: Rocket League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i need to do the pc mod and do a subsistence run too

ive no-killed and euro'd all the previous mgs games and i really miss doing it

is no-kill even possible????

There was a guy on YouTube doing no traces runs on all the missions and I think there's only one where it's not possible when you first get attacked by sahelanthropus and have to shoot the minigun at it