Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This new page is pretty cool. I was actually starting to hear that kind of Latin chorus action-anime music in my head when Coyote says he's finishing the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Coyote is getting dangerously smug here, he might still throw by being too euphoric

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
:smuggo:: Hmm he isn't perfect yet, better wind him up some more
:grin:: Yo, Demaro, you're super cool, man, I wish we could be partners
:smugjones:: but now it's time to finish this, and I won't even enjoy it

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

This is an encouraging development...!

Coyote and Demaro have been fighting for what...at least 2 years realtime now?

Seemingly, Coyote OUGHT to win this fight. Coyote's been hyped up to be the quintessential Neutral. But, Demaro has gotten a disproportionate share of attention in the comic, and he IS an originalcharacterdonotsteal.

From a storytelling perspective, a Coyote victory seems odd, since a Demaro victory would ramp up the suspense, and his defeat would make his character development sort of a fake-out.

As I've alluded to before, I think there's a distinct possibility that the skeleton centipede behind Demaro's third eye will abandon him (which will almost certainly lead to his death) to (try to) possess Coyote.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Is Tails even in this anymore?? There's kind of a huge backlog, is any of it worth going through?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Tails is off deciding if he's gonna face Cheeto Man for running a murder rape drug gang I think, it's been a few years

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DicktheCat posted:

There's kind of a huge backlog, is any of it worth going through?
Eh... somebody posted an overview recently of where it went off the rails. Honestly it hasn't been terribly compelling for a while. If you're on the fence, just keep on the new pages. Right now I think TGT probably jumped the shark but maybe if this awful fight ever ends something will actually happen.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
God, this fight had been so long I forgot there's a whole other thing outside of it. There's Tails' training, Cheetoman being a villain, and there's still the matter of the Troll King having a super powerful skill that destroys everyone. Rob with no ears is still out there, too.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Rob and the Lightning guy were fighting, but coyote mentions he doesn't see the fire and lightning in the distance anymore :oh dear:

The whiplash between tryhard trolling us and classic TGT characterization is delicious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rob won the fight against lightning troll.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

Is Tails even in this anymore?? There's kind of a huge backlog, is any of it worth going through?

Did you see the backstory arc where Amy was Eggman's captive rape slave for a year?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The MSJ posted:

:buddy:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The MSJ posted:

WHAT???

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Did you see the backstory arc where Amy was Eggman's captive rape slave for a year?

I... uh.... no. No I didn't.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DicktheCat posted:

I... uh.... no. No I didn't.

You're better off, then.

The storyline I wish he'd revisit is Silver and the troll slaiyers

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The loving Troll Saiyers are still an active plot thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Monicro posted:

The loving Troll Saiyers are still an active plot thread

It's amazing how few trolls they've slain.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Last we see them Rob dropped an obelisk on a weakened Lightning Troll.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lurdiak posted:

It's amazing how few trolls they've slain.

Wasn't it just like... four of them, one time, in a cage where they stabbed them with spears?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

Wasn't it just like... four of them, one time, in a cage where they stabbed them with spears?

I'm pretty sure that was Silver's splinter group. I'm not sure Shadow's Troll Slaiyers have actually killed a single troll since they were formed. Shadow did murder an entire innocent village though.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Demaro slayed more trolls than Troll Slaiyers did, and he's on their side.

Wait, was he? He's under Troll King, isn't he? I forgot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

toanoradian posted:

He's Garry's brother but I think he's not a proper troll.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

DicktheCat posted:

How much of a backlog are we talking?

The weed party + Amy backstory is the lowest point of TGT (so far), but you might want to check out the Amy backstory for the artwork. From a technical standpoint, it might be Lazerbot's finest.

toanoradian posted:

Demaro's agenda is his own. On the last page of Chapter 9, he states that his goal is to become the most powerful satanist and kill all the Neutrals (including Coyote). The whole reason the fight broke out between him and his brother Garry (Chapter 11, page 17) was that Demaro wanted to kill Elmer Fudd and eat his brains to find out where the Neutrals' hideout is. But, Garry's first loyalty is to the trolls, and the trolls need Elmer Fudd because he has turned into a technological genius by having eaten Eggman's brains, and can therefore build the trolls their robot army, and revive the man in the ice (Chapter 12, page 18).

I posted a plot synopsis a while back ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3467407&userid=39233#post444860193 ), and it's mostly still accurate. Of note since then:
  • We now know that the Defenders are a front for Cheetoh Man's drug and prostitution empire, and that Cheetoh Man can keep the others in line because he has their loved ones held hostage. (It is still not clear whether the Defenders have always been controlled by Cheetoh Man, or whether Pac-Man's story of the group's origin is genuine, and Cheetoh Man later subverted the Defenders to his ends.)
  • Tails and Hello Kitty (Cheetoh Man's wife) had sex. Cheetoh Man now wants Tails dead.
  • Knuckles and Amy had sex.
  • Amy, who has been suicidally depressed since Sonic's death, agreed to become one of Cheetoh Man's prostitutes. Knuckles revealed his elaborate plot to infect Cheetoh Man with gonorrhea by inviting infected girls to the weed party. List of known or suspected gonorrhea cases: Rouge, Donkey Kong, Knuckles, Shadow, Hello Kitty, Tails, Tonya (Cheetoh Man's favorite whore), Cheetoh Man, Candy Kong, Jessie, Patti Mayonnaise, Spyro. Cheetoh Man is now also gunning for Knuckles.
  • Rouge, Amy, Jessie, Candy Kong, and Patti were murdered by Cheetoh Man.
  • As a desperate gamble to prevent Cheetoh Man from killing her, Hello Kitty told him she was pregnant.

Edit:
This is the very beginning of the Coyote-Demaro fight, posted October 9, 2012. So, that fight has been going on for almost five years real-time now.

RobobTheGreat fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 12, 2017

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Trust me, Robob, it has been a while. I think they were just introducing the satanist cult stuff? I remember everyone wearing black robes and smoking weed. Chester Cheetah was in the mix for some reason. It's like a half-remembered dream.

E:It was before the wtf stuff with Amy, I know that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RobobTheGreat posted:

I posted a plot synopsis a while back ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3467407&userid=39233#post444860193 ), and it's mostly still accurate. Of note since then:
  • Amy, who has been suicidally depressed since Sonic's death, agreed to become one of Cheetoh Man's prostitutes. Knuckles revealed his elaborate plot to infect Cheetoh Man with gonorrhea by inviting infected girls to the weed party. List of known or suspected gonorrhea cases: Rouge, Donkey Kong, Knuckles, Shadow, Hello Kitty, Tails, Tonya (Cheetoh Man's favorite whore), Cheetoh Man, Candy Kong, Jessie, Patti Mayonnaise, Spyro. Cheetoh Man is now also gunning for Knuckles.
  • Rouge, Amy, Jessie, Candy Kong, and Patti were murdered by Cheetoh Man.
  • As a desperate gamble to prevent Cheetoh Man from killing her, Hello Kitty told him she was pregnant.

I don't remember any of this poo poo.

quote:

This is the very beginning of the Coyote-Demaro fight, posted October 9, 2012. So, that fight has been going on for almost five years real-time now.

That fight is just an extension of a previous fight with Garry and Rob, so it's been going on even longer than that.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

All the Amy stuff is bad but the Weed Party was the last glimpse of classic TGT IMO. Tails eating a room made of Cheetos, a homophobic gay romance, the random introduction of additional franchise characters, and THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN HUMANS and "gently caress me with that pool cue"

Like I didn't need to see Spyro gently caress but Jesse's panels are some of the best out of context panels this comic has given in years.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DicktheCat posted:

Trust me, Robob, it has been a while. I think they were just introducing the satanist cult stuff? I remember everyone wearing black robes and smoking weed. Chester Cheetah was in the mix for some reason. It's like a half-remembered dream.

E:It was before the wtf stuff with Amy, I know that.

His name is Cheeto Man

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
NEW PAGE

How can one coyote be this smug?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Coyote is by far the best

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What’s with the lines on his neck I don’t remember.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

It got cut during the fight and he stitched it back together.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Hey there Mr. Blue Sky

George H.W. oval office posted:

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I legit laughed at Coyote being a smug gently caress. Him being a mastermind is hilarious.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Neutrals can't feel strong emotions and his smug levels are off the chart. Careful man!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Much like Demaro's evilness is his natural state and thus doesn't shorten his lifespan, surely the same applies to Coyote and his smugness.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's gonna be hilarious/sad/Lazerbot when Coyote loses by forgetting gravity and running off a cliff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The sky no longer being red is such a visual relief.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
Just a reminder that this is Wile E. Coyote's actual voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0oainzuaI :smugdog:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

eminkey2003 posted:

Just a reminder that this is Wile E. Coyote's actual voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0oainzuaI :smugdog:

This makes the strip all the much better :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
And with that, Chapter 22 has concluded.