Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

zimbomonkey posted:

Oh man i'm super excited to find out who she's talking about.

No seriously i love it when i get to find out that people I like are scumbags and also that they're about to stop making content forever.

Too bad! You might never find out and people will just sit there forever knowing but never saying anything. Here have a handy-dandy wiki article that explains everything.

WTF BEES posted:

That's what I thought. I've just seen a lot of posts along the lines of "OMG how can you defend him he hit on an underanged girl!" (I'm not defending him at all, just want the facts) and I'm sitting here going back and forth trying to find the chat log or what ever that was posted that shows this.

I've seen people on various sites (Reddit and that Neogaf topic notably) seriously saying you have to 100% believe any accusation or else you're defending sexual harassment and are therefore just as bad as whoever is being accused. :effort:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

no, nobody said that

can i see any evidence at all that anyone said that ever?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey look the best bit got animated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjsYnr_L_8s

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/896507320963928064

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i just realized the perfect ending to please retweet would be patrick talking metaphorically about consent and if nintendo doesn't want to retweet the toad he should accept that.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Asiina posted:

Alternatively depends if you can divorce someone's content from their personal failings.

I've enjoyed media by people who are worse people than Nick likely is, the problem I have listening to his stuff now is hearing him joyfully bouncing comedy off someone who has no idea what he's been up to and is probably no longer friends with him.

Not that I'm saying everyone should have that reaction, I'm just being sad that I was only halfway through the CGI archive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Organza Quiz posted:

I've enjoyed media by people who are worse people than Nick likely is, the problem I have listening to his stuff now is hearing him joyfully bouncing comedy off someone who has no idea what he's been up to and is probably no longer friends with him.

Not that I'm saying everyone should have that reaction, I'm just being sad that I was only halfway through the CGI archive.

It's like how (pedant squad warning, extreme example, not literally saying Nick is these people) I can watch Polanski stuff but I'm super not into Woody Allen movies because it's one thing to see a product made by someone terrible, but it's another to see them being the focus where they're being laughed and joked with like everything's cool. I'm not saying I can't ever watch a Nick Robinson video again, but yea it kinda has a more uncomfortable aspect now that the dude who's cracking jokes with another media dude I like has this gross rear end thing about them they had under the surface.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

sexpig by night posted:

It's like how (pedant squad warning, extreme example, not literally saying Nick is these people) I can watch Polanski stuff but I'm super not into Woody Allen movies because it's one thing to see a product made by someone terrible, but it's another to see them being the focus where they're being laughed and joked with like everything's cool. I'm not saying I can't ever watch a Nick Robinson video again, but yea it kinda has a more uncomfortable aspect now that the dude who's cracking jokes with another media dude I like has this gross rear end thing about them they had under the surface.

It's especially unfortunate because like, a lot of touch the skyrim for example has the sex mods and this news just puts a skeevy context on some of the jokes and bits that makes it go from awkward to uncomfortable.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
I hope Pat steps up to the plate to be the new Nick. Or maybe Simone.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Simone can't be the the new Nick, her DMs are off.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Clarification: I hope they are the new public Nick, not the new private creep Nick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

Clarification: I hope they are the new public Nick, not the new private creep Nick.

Too late, Pat just got a very uncomfortable memo explaining his new duties

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

sexpig by night posted:

Too late, Pat just got a very uncomfortable memo explaining his new duties

I can't wait for the revelation that Pat has been sending various game publishers pictures of their iconic characters in diapers, begging them to retweet them.

e:
restraining
retsaining
retswaiting
retweeting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
these pictures of Crash Bandicoot are incredibly upsetting, Pat

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It's especially unfortunate because like, a lot of touch the skyrim for example has the sex mods and this news just puts a skeevy context on some of the jokes and bits that makes it go from awkward to uncomfortable.

Even though Griffin was the one who installed the mods?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The Miitomo Tinder joke moved into an uncomfortable place for me for sure at the very least

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Organza Quiz posted:

I thought I'd think this, but I was watching random youtube videos earlier and one came up that was Nick and Griffin, and it was still funny and I laughed. I'm also about half way through CGI, but I'll probably still listen to the rest of it. Doesn't mean I think it was the wrong decision to get rid of Nick or that it excuses what he did or even that I think losing future content isn't totally reasonable, but funny is still funny.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I also want to make sure that my post above didn't come off as smarmy, I'm legitimately wondering how much of a difference it might make.

The most I can currently relate to it is seeing OJ in the Naked Gun... But obviously there's a huge difference in severity there.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
In retrospect, Nick probably wouldn't have been the best choice to develop this game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know if this has been a thing for a while but it seems there are people recasting popular YouTube videos with TAZ characters;

https://youtu.be/8jmcHH44AdA

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if this has been a thing for a while but it seems there are people recasting popular YouTube videos with TAZ characters;

https://youtu.be/8jmcHH44AdA

https://youtu.be/vFjGfpoFM6M

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SpacePig posted:

restraining
retsaining
retswaiting
retweeting

:laffo:

Can we talk about the Polygon podcast in here since that ding dang website was made by the McElroys?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

these pictures of Crash Bandicoot are incredibly upsetting, Pat

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah I think thats fine. it's basically a catch-all polygon / McElroy thread.

TPS is awesome, it's so funny. Very positive and chill, while never being boring. Surprisingly fast paced, too.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

Can we talk about the Polygon podcast in here since that ding dang website was made by the McElroys?

Please do. I'm enjoying it, they're all very funny. It did take me a while to identify voices, but that's normal for a new podcast. Chelsea still sometimes confuses me, she's got a much less distinctive voice than the others.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

It's impossible to tell them apart, while believing victims.
What seems impossible is getting people to admit that a dude was creepy and in the wrong BUT ALSO that there was a wildly speculative social media clusterfuck that didn't go through proper channels and muddied the waters.

As for the apology, I can buy that a self-admitted immature manchild thought what he was doing was flirting, and even more, thought his approach was working when they continued to engage him. That's what an immature person thinks when nobody calls them out for a long time. Now there's no way to say he's unaware of it anymore, so as long as he acts on his statement, good for him. Words are over, actions are needed now.

Chieves posted:

The most I can currently relate to it is seeing OJ in the Naked Gun... But obviously there's a huge difference in severity there.
Technically you have the built-in excuse that OJ wasn't a murderer YET when those movies were made. :haw:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

What seems impossible is getting people to admit that a dude was creepy and in the wrong BUT ALSO that there was a wildly speculative social media clusterfuck that didn't go through proper channels and muddied the waters.

As for the apology, I can buy that a self-admitted immature manchild thought what he was doing was flirting, and even more, thought his approach was working when they continued to engage him. That's what an immature person thinks when nobody calls them out for a long time. Now there's no way to say he's unaware of it anymore, so as long as he acts on his statement, good for him. Words are over, actions are needed now.
Technically you have the built-in excuse that OJ wasn't a murderer YET when those movies were made. :haw:

Yeah he was merely a repeat spousal abuser

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

sticklefifer posted:

It is impossible to tell which accusations are true and which are not.

It is impossible to get people to realise that fox's legal and chris plante wrote the statement.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
also i started listening to TAZ again, to enjoy when it was actually good.

I understand why people were angry about the chalupa possibility, justins original portrayal of taco included super racist mexican stereotypes that no-one called him out on.

Don't really know how i feel about these "soft, nice" boys anymore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What stereotypes were those exactly?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

It is impossible to get people to realise that fox's legal and chris plante wrote the statement.

and you believe that based on what evidence? hmmmmmmm

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Please don't engage COCKSLAP. They exist only to troll threads.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I just thought the irony was funny

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What stereotypes were those exactly?

sleepy, disloyal, workshy.

then there was the whole bit where saying something in spanish was worthy of being mocked.

and that's just the first half of the episode. I stopped because it was too offensive.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

cat doter posted:

and you believe that based on what evidence? hmmmmmmm
you're not entitled to see the receipts.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not entitled to good posts either apparently

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Echoing the awesomeness of the Polygon show podcast. Just started listening to a few weeks ago, and had to binge all the older episodes (7 or so) after getting into it. Still can't recognize Chelsea voice though

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah I just listened to it on a drive and the Polygon Show is good.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
https://twitter.com/Pommedetear/status/896459720344559616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there a MBMBAM episode that is a good starting place for people who don't know of the McElroys? I'm driving to GenCon and wouldn't mind a listen or two but I don't want to annoy the passengers.