Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Man, even aside from the fact that Vince can't make up his mind on a winner, a WWE G1 would be a shitshow of awful non finishes to keep everyone on parity. At least when the G1 keeps the scores close it's through solid matches with clean(ish) finishes that generally make the winners look great and losers look valiant in defeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This of course reminds me of a great Observer Radio segment where dave starts booking the TNA tournament like it was done by Giant Baba or whatever.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Omega beats Okada with a rollup when Naito's music distracts him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Why not go the reverse and book a G1 like TNA!

Anyway I don't think we'll get any run ins tomorrow. g1's finals tend to be clean and I think they want Naito/Kenny to be the next big feud till we get Kenny/Okada again in the second half of 18. But given that Naito/Kenny was great last year this final should be great

Edit: Also in any other year Naito/Tanahashi or Ishii/Okada would be in running for feud or match series of the year but it won't even sniff it this year

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 13, 2017

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hey, so greatest matches, we live in the golden age, life is good. Quick question though. Was that a loving Tiger Driver goddanged 91 Kenny did? Because I leapt out of my chair thinking that would be the finish. Neck damage all day and then they go and do THAT.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Hey, so greatest matches, we live in the golden age, life is good. Quick question though. Was that a loving Tiger Driver goddanged 91 Kenny did? Because I leapt out of my chair thinking that would be the finish. Neck damage all day and then they go and do THAT.

No it was a Tiger Driver 98/Jay Driller/whatever other people call it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The weirdest part of the match, is Okada got me so into his ~fighting spirit~ is I kinda want to see him beat Omega now!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Man, Okada's style in and of itself isn't very dangerous. He doesn't do any neck drops except his tombstone, which is really easy to pull. He doesn't do any crazy dives, the closest is his over-the-barricade crossbody. But he's more dedicated than maybe any wrestler in the world to making his opponents look like absolute killers in the ring, and that means that anyone he fights with a hard-hitting style is going to legit brutalize him in their matches. It's definitely got me anxious, and hopefully he gets to spend the rest of the year mostly coasting in multi-mans and healing up

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Ok, let's do this.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Why not go the reverse and book a G1 like TNA!

YOSHI-HASHI vs. Yujiro, somehow, in the finals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taichi can do his entrance, then just leave the ring and go to the back. It's best for all concerned.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

folks,

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Let's go wrestling *clap clap clapclapclap*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

youre all sexual harassment watchers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

youre all sexual harassment watchers

He's from a different time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kawato is from a different time... called The fruture

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Meant t osay he's from the future. He'll be an important wrestler

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Cavauro posted:

Meant t osay he's from the future. He'll be an important wrestler

Be really interesting to see him once he comes back from wherever he gets sent to.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress him up, KUSHIDA!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wanted Rocky to go bust some heads.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tama looks so much like Roman, it's a little disconcerting. It might just be the vest.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
What did Taka say when he went to go mess with the english commentary team? I didn't catch the mics picking it up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn Nagata rules so much

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Was Callis bullshitting there or was that the massive thing for 2018 that the Bucks have been playing coy about (some kind of collab with HBO)?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sigmachiev posted:

Was Callis bullshitting there or was that the massive thing for 2018 that the Bucks have been playing coy about (some kind of collab with HBO)?

I took it as Callis being Callis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bullet Club merch numbers must be down, Yujiro can barely afford clothes for his poor valets :smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/896624891297898497

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gotta say Juice Robinson is growin' on me.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I turned the stream on 15 minutes late(I thought it started at 2:30) and from what I saw from the end of that first match I feel like I might've already missed the one of the best parts of the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Gotta say Juice Robinson is growin' on me.

It's been said many times before, but holy poo poo this guy was so wasted in WWE as CJ Parker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TAGUCHI'S GOT A loving BIRD ON HIS SHOULDER :stare:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just about ready to watch the show when it starts in just under 2 hours my boys. You're my family

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao are the Young Bucks doing a Revival match?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

VJeff posted:

lmao are the Young Bucks doing a Revival match?

#FTR

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wowza

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Young Bucks make the best over-dramatic faces :)

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I loved a match with Taguchi in it. What has happened to this world?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
RICOCHEEEEEEEEEEEET :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SHIBATA

• Locked thread