Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't know the coins expired, that's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Stardew

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone notice their joysticks getting a rough feel to them, almost grainy when you rotate the stick? I've been using my second pair of joycons and just picked up the ones that came with my unit and the stick noticeably feels "worn". There's also noticeably more give when you click the stick in. Kind of a bummer because I like them better (neon!) I haven't dropped it or anything.

Between that and how springy/clicky the shoulder buttons feel I'm pretty disappointed in the build quality of the joycons. It's not like they're cheap either.

My joycons are still fine. I press those buttons/sticks regularly since I don't have a pro controller, so idk if usage is a factor here.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

is that really a thing besides being purely anecdotal? I get at the professional level because of interference etc

It's real regardless of casual/competitive. How much it matters, though, is up to you. Even if I play games casually, I hate input lag and would like to reduce it as much as possible. That said any testing is going to ultimately depend on if you have anything else in your specific entertainment setup (distance, interference, etc).

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

See some info to avoid the newer smash controllers, gamble with an older gamecube controller, find the 2008 white Japanese one. Which should I be buying? Looking at wavebirds for convenience, not trying to compete or anything. They work fine with a wii-u and adapter?

Are you planning on playing Melee, or Smash 4? If you're planning on Smash 4, then the new controllers shouldn't be an issue.

If you're planning on Melee, do you guys care at all about competitive play? If not, then the new controllers shouldn't be much of an issue either. They aren't ideal but you probably won't notice much of a difference.

Are you competitive melee guys? If so, then don't pick wavebirds at all, and you're best bet is looking at the Japanese ones I think.

They all work with the Wii U + adapter, yes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

stardewk nukem forever

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

just smash 4

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I haven't had to charge my Pro Controller yet. I've had it for a month. I mean it was charged when I opened it and I haven't plugged it in once so far. I don't know what kind of voodoo battery tech they use but I wish my phone had it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

i miss club nintendo

It was good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

But then everyone would just protest until they made a GC adapter 🤔 also lol @ $90 controllers

Joy-cons are 40 bucks each

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The Pro Controller is well worth $70 or $80 or however much I spent for it. The build quality and overall feel of it is amazing, and the battery lasts for actual weeks. The d-pad is a bit shifty and I'm excited about the 8bitdo SNES controller for classic gaming should they ever actually come out with a VC, but for now it's Pro all the way for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Joy-cons are 40 bucks each

ps4 could definitely take note 🙄 I mean I get you have the gyro, rumble, and LED. But still, like 6 hours vs 40-80?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got a Pikmin 3 totebag from Club Nintendo. It's sick.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

"Switch rewards coming soon" I don't understand why Nintendo lies. At this point I'm not going to get the points off any of my physical games until Switch rewards are out. The rewards will probably be small discounts on games I own

They announced in Japan last month that MyNintendo exclusive Splatoon clothes are coming soon so we'll probably see that too.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Then just stick with the new GC controllers with the smash logo on them and stuff. Well that or the wavebirds as you said you wanted.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Word thanks for the help!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Stardewhen

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Bill Barber posted:

The Pro Controller is well worth $70 or $80 or however much I spent for it. The build quality and overall feel of it is amazing, and the battery lasts for actual weeks.

It runs out a lot more quickly if you're good at playing games.

How is it even possible some people still don't have a Switch?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

because it still doesn't have games

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Nolgthorn posted:

Some are fleeing war-torn Syria

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

because it still doesn't have games

It'll have the only game that matters, Sonic Mania, this Tuesday. :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

Some are fleeing war-torn Syria

The portability of the system would be perfect for that.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/OnThisDayGaming/status/896829850421538817

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

It runs out a lot more quickly if you're good at playing games.

Mine’s coming Monday :ohdear:

I bought a pro controller early and it’s so nice that I’ve occasionally just been picking it up to fondle.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

virtual console when

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

It's about time Nintendo release Super Mario World Ultra for $50 I think.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is Overcooked on the Nintendo Switch good now? Me and my girlfriend want to play it, but I don't want to buy the game if it's basically unplayable.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

man nurse posted:

virtual console when

Soon, but instead of releasing games for old systems, they will be creating games for an imaginary system with specs somewhere between the snes and n64 and presenting them as if they are forgotten classics.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

JackDarko posted:

Is Overcooked on the Nintendo Switch good now? Me and my girlfriend want to play it, but I don't want to buy the game if it's basically unplayable.
Was it ever not good?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Am I doing the rooftop party thing right?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JackDarko posted:

It has some hitches but it's fine. Definitely playable.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Frankston posted:

Is that 8bitdo SNES controller going to have gyro controls?

Bill Barber posted:

No gyro or nfc.

Half right: SNES30 Pro will have gyro, but no NFC. source

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Beastie posted:

fake, I, a goon, cannot conceive of having rl friends who share my interests

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

But why can't I use the wii-u pro controller 🤔

no don't care about rumble or gyro

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beastie posted:

If by right you mean "playing video games alone while others socialize", then I guess?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I made a JPN account to download the monster hunter demo and it was super simple. Thanks Nintendo!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Beastie posted:

Switches are impossible to get so obviously fake

And even if it were real, the switch has no games to play at roof party. Double fake

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why are you not Sharing the Joy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Watched a stream of someone playing a bunch of Mario games and they were playing 3D World and I was reminded of how many amazing WiiU games there are that like 5 total people played and it makes me want them to re-release the entire WiiU library for the Switch right freaking now.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tag yourself, im the woman staring at her navel in shame.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You seriously can't upgrade the Gerudo outfit, you have to buy a new Gerudo outfit and upgrade that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im the potted plant

Guy Goodbody posted:

You seriously can't upgrade the Gerudo outfit, you have to buy a new Gerudo outfit and upgrade that?

you cant upgrade that, either! If it immediately gives a set bonus, it cant be upgraded.

• Locked thread