Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Overbite posted:

I was thinking of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16feEWADac

when I wrote that. I laughed when this started playing, its so bad. Especially when it was knuckles himself who broke the emerald into a million shards and some dude raps about how Rouge stole it and shes sexy as oooh and eating play doh

Sorry knuckles's raps are actually the best part of adventure 2

edit: that or the faker cutscene or the "tails accidentally tells eggman about the fake emerald" scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The drop dash legit looks like a lot of fun

Hell this whole game looks like a lot of fun

Sonic Mania goty 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

nerdbot posted:

Youtube has been trying to show me one particular (non-final) boss ever since the leak and the thumbnail basically ruins the entire thing for me anyway so I finally caved, watched it, and straight up deleted Youtube from my history to remove the temptation to see any more of this game.

God I can't wait for this game though.

I saw part of the final boss thumbnail clicking on that mania reaction video... goodbye youtube

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I just went into the eshop to look at sonic mania and I fullscreened the screenshots and it looked gooooood on a big rear end hdtv

Edit: aaaand youtube just spoiled yet another level for me with its suggestions so no more youtube until Tuesday. gently caress you youtube.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Guys, Freedom Planet is actually fun, jus-..Just, don't do the story mode, jump straight into arcade.

I couldn't stand the first cutscene in story mode, but Arcade mode was like playing a sonic game, but actually good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn't really enjoy Freedom Planet even on arcade. The character abilities and level design were mediocre imo. Playing it just made me want to play Sonic 3 Complete instead.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
If you don't want wanna be spoiled on YouTube just wipe your viewing history and don't look up sonic. Shouldn't show you sonic videos then.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My youtube has been personally tailored and curated to my exact tastes over the last decade, I can't simply wipe all my history. Nah, I'll just not go on it for a day.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
How will you watch cat videos then??

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've cleared my youtube watch history. I've refunded my Steam preorder. I've loaded $20 onto my Switch account. My body is ready.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Overbite posted:

How will you watch cat videos then??

My mom will link me the good stuff on Facebook :)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can't stop watching the intro, it gives me chills watching them go up that elevator. As a game, Mania isn't going to be anything more than a fun platformer, but it's still basically the platonic ideal of everything I loved about Sonic. In that sense it's a work of god drat art.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Ventana posted:

Sorry knuckles's raps are actually the best part of adventure 2

edit: that or the faker cutscene or the "tails accidentally tells eggman about the fake emerald" scene

When I was a kid I thought Sega was legitimately going to kill off Sonic the Hedgehog by shooting him into space and having him burn up in the atmosphere, because the Dreamcast was dying and it would be symbolic if Sonic died too. I was so emotional and hosed up by the idea of Sonic dying that I missed the part of the cutscene where he says he's going to try doing Chaos Control with the fake emerald, and then I couldn't get past the Eggman boss fight for several weeks (it was so hard that it HAD to be the final boss, further cementing the idea that Sonic was loving dead and there wouldn't be anything after it)

Sonic Adventure 2 is not very good but the "you never cease to surprise me blue hedgehog" cutscene still gets me pumped the gently caress up

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 14, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I am going to purchase a Nintendo Switch just so I can play Sonic Mania on the 15th

Also Zelda and Mario Kart would be cool

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NHqnWNeVxw

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I didn't really enjoy Freedom Planet even on arcade. The character abilities and level design were mediocre imo. Playing it just made me want to play Sonic 3 Complete instead.

Freedom Planet is a fun game to me but it's not a good Sonic game. It's more like one of those other weird Genesis platformers that were vaguely Sonic-esque but not quite Sonic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Freedom Planet is scrub tier, I can feel the deviant art just leaking out of it

nerdbot posted:

When I was a kid I thought Sega was legitimately going to kill off Sonic the Hedgehog by shooting him into space and having him burn up in the atmosphere, because the Dreamcast was dying and it would be symbolic if Sonic died too. I was so emotional and hosed up by the idea of Sonic dying that I missed the part of the cutscene where he says he's going to try doing Chaos Control with the fake emerald, and then I couldn't get past the Eggman boss fight for several weeks (it was so hard that it HAD to be the final boss, further cementing the idea that Sonic was loving dead and there wouldn't be anything after it)

Sonic Adventure 2 is not very good but the "you never cease to surprise me blue hedgehog" cutscene still gets me pumped the gently caress up

I mean that's how Segata Sanshiro died

RIP Segata, greatest of heroes

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I dunno what's going on or if some kind of embargo went up or what but today youtube has turned against me. I know the name of the final zone now (no biggie) and a screenshot of the final boss.

How do I wipe watch history?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Just use Incognito Mode for a day or whatever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah I dunno what's going on or if some kind of embargo went up or what but today youtube has turned against me. I know the name of the final zone now (no biggie) and a screenshot of the final boss.

How do I wipe watch history?

go to hisotry on youtube and clear it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Freedom Planet is scrub tier, I can feel the deviant art just leaking out of it

You got some major hangups, dude. Freedom Planet is great.

Except for the bosses. loving all of them, the game really poo poo the bed with the boss fights.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

You got some major hangups, dude. Freedom Planet is great.

Except for the bosses. loving all of them, the game really poo poo the bed with the boss fights.

You are so wrong about the bosses.

Then again I might play too many hard games.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
freedom planet is a really good video game but it is not a Sonic game and does not play anything like one and that is more or less the precise reason I like it more than any given 2d sonic game.

I recommend it if you would like to play a momentum based platformer where the combat isn't incredibly basic and the bosses aren't forgettable. I do not recommend it if you want Sonic But Indie, because it is not that.

also the ken penders comparison is moronic and we're not reading the same script, the story's bad but for basically totally different reasons to why penders is.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

if i felt brave enough to google image search for it, i'd see if there were fanart of blaze the cat going loving nuts in response to this. i think it'd be pretty funny!!

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

freedom planet is a really good video game but it is not a Sonic game and does not play anything like one and that is more or less the precise reason I like it more than any given 2d sonic game.

I recommend it if you would like to play a momentum based platformer where the combat isn't incredibly basic and the bosses aren't forgettable. I do not recommend it if you want Sonic But Indie, because it is not that.

also the ken penders comparison is moronic and we're not reading the same script, the story's bad but for basically totally different reasons to why penders is.

Ken Penders - Bad

Freedom Planet's Gameplay, Aesthetic, Music, etc. - Good

Freedom Planet's Story - Oddly out of place for a goofy Megadrive-esque platformer.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Maybe I should give freedom Planet a 2nd chance with the story turned off, but the story and characters were so bad that it made me want to drink bleach so I quit playing it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CowboyAndy posted:

Freedom Planet's Story - Oddly out of place for a goofy Megadrive-esque platformer.

im the king who gets beheaded and feathers spray out of his neck like vandal hearts blood

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

I love Freedom Planet (even the story mode), and if I had to choose between Sonic Mania and Freedom Planet 2, I'd choose Freedom Planet 2.

Does that make me a bad person? :saddowns:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Sigh...

You guys are unfuckingbelievable sometimes.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I found the story of Freedom Planet oddly charming. Like, not GOOD, but schlocky and bad in a way that it's kind of self aware about. It felt like a game that kinda knew it was about edgy furry OC Do Not Steals and just ran with it to me.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Why is everyone freaking out over spoilers? How the gently caress could a final boss in a Sonic game be surprising or shocking in any way

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Overbite posted:

I was playing adventure 2 earlier and that game is trash, everything about it is trash. The movement, camera, music, voice acting, level design, game design, all of it is bad and dumb.

Shadow is the coolest

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Katsuma posted:

I love Freedom Planet (even the story mode), and if I had to choose between Sonic Mania and Freedom Planet 2, I'd choose Freedom Planet 2.

No, because I basically did the same thing.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Oh holy gently caress I just saw a spoiler for the final boss on YouTube jfc it is eggman

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I liked Freedom Planet. The story was dumb but the game itself was neat enough.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well I'm done with this thread till Tuesday, bye!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Katsuma posted:

Nah, basically same

Luckily you can have both! Life is pretty cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im not gonna get mad if i get spoiled on something, but i wont go out of my way just to spoil myself things.

the thing i've pointed out as ridiculous are people who have waited literal decades for this game but the second it gets pushed back two weeks they cancel preorder spoil themselves and get angry.
Like I said, it's bizarre.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

Sigh...

You guys are unfuckingbelievable sometimes.

seems to me like people are just having a discussion about what they like and dislike, but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

If anything, it's annoying to have to avoid spoilers for a game you want to play fresh, where internet idiots decide that the best thing to do when there's a game just days from being released is to upload footage of everything and make it way too stupidly easy to stumble upon.

It's not rage inducing but it's certainly a bit annoying.