Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm the guy on the right seriously worried about the Switch's library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Got to play Puyo Tetris the other day with some friends.

I'm really bad at Puyo.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I'm the guy looking at a picture of a guy playing the Nintendo Switch when I could be playing the Nintendo Switch instead.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

this game looks good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

must be nice to throw a big party on the roof of your mansion overlooking the ocean

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

spit on my clit posted:

you cant upgrade that, either! If it immediately gives a set bonus, it cant be upgraded.

You can, however, dye it, which is what really matters anyway.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

a.lo posted:

must be nice to throw a big party on the roof of your mansion overlooking the ocean

it's just a restaurant, do NOT feed the Switch trolls!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also Ketchup fries, smh

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also Ketchup fries, smh

they go together like cinnamon and sugar

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I imported from Amazon uk through a freight forwarder, ended up paying less than Play Asia was charging.

Yeah, avoid all of asia and get it from the uk. The price I got from amazon.co.jp was the same price they're charging on amazon.com.

They look really nice. Now I'm fomo about the color appropriate joycon wristbands.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

a.lo posted:

they go together like cinnamon and sugar

Oh man, I meant to say ketchup chips. Actual ketchup is all right but the idea of powdering it and putting on chips doesn't seem right to me

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

spit on my clit posted:

im the potted plant

Mitch?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I love how the Switch knows what color your controller is. Does the Splatoon Pro Controller have a different icon?

Picked up Death Squared to play with a friend. It's a really fun co-op puzzler with a good sense of humor. Physics can be a little janky, but overall was a good experience. We made it through most of the story mode.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh man, I meant to say ketchup chips. Actual ketchup is all right but the idea of powdering it and putting on chips doesn't seem right to me

It's a lot like salt and vinegar chips but slightly more tomato flavoured and less salty.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I gotta say, I never realized how much a lack of a proper D-pad can make things awkward. Playing 2D platformers with the direction buttons feels so off to me, that I pretty much resorted to using the analog stick. Shame that the pro controller's D-pad apparently sucks. I was thinking about getting that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

I gotta say, I never realized how much a lack of a proper D-pad can make things awkward. Playing 2D platformers with the direction buttons feels so off to me, that I pretty much resorted to using the analog stick. Shame that the pro controller's D-pad apparently sucks. I was thinking about getting that.

Well I hadn't thought of that with Sonic Mania...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Nah, it's fine. It's just occasionally defective. Buy a Pokken controller if you desperately need a new dpad

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nah, it's fine. It's just occasionally defective. Buy a Pokken controller if you desperately need a new dpad
Does anyone have any actual data on the "occasionally defective" claim that everyone makes? It seems extremely unlikely that only a certain percentage of pro controller dpads would be "squishy". It seems much more likely that it's just some people notice it and it bothers them and other people don't really notice it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Playing Blaster Master and Shovel Knight with the stick feels perfectly fine. I'm not sure what you'd get out of playing with a d-pad besides ~that nostalgic feel~.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber posted:

Does anyone have any actual data on the "occasionally defective" claim that everyone makes? It seems extremely unlikely that only a certain percentage of pro controller dpads would be "squishy". It seems much more likely that it's just some people notice it and it bothers them and other people don't really notice it.
Joke reply: Nobody can afford more than one Pro Controller so they don't have anything else to compare it to.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bill Barber posted:

I play a buncha KOF98 on the toilet. If mine was throwing random 'ups' i'd have noticed it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Commissar Ken posted:

I play a buncha KOF98 on the toilet. If mine was throwing random 'ups' i'd have noticed it.
If you're playing on the toilet with a pro controller then where is your switch resting? :gonk:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I've come to love the split joycon d-pad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DoctorWhat posted:

I've come to love the split joycon d-pad.

I don't love it but I'm surprised how usable it actually is for me for platformers. Nintendo should make a cheap little overlay that can fit over it or something.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I personally found that that my Pro Controller d-pad went from borderline unusable (at least in Puyo Puyo Tetris) to completely fine once I stopped treating it like an actual d-pad and started treating it like 4 separate buttons. I think whatever design flaw this d-pad has involves the central pivot, and when you roll your thumb on that pivot it starts triggering incorrect directions very easily. This might explain why different people are having different experiences.

It's a bummer because actively avoiding rolling my thumb on the center completely defeats the purpose of having the d-pad instead of the 4 joycon buttons, and it kind of tires out my thumb after playing for more than like 20 minutes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can confirm my pro controller would totally trigger up & right instead of just right frequently while I was playing blaster Master cause it makes a very noticeable thunk sound. Some people report theirs don't do this, i assume the plastic of the dpad isn't great for some.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Bill Barber posted:

If you're playing on the toilet with a pro controller then where is your switch resting? :gonk:

That's for me to know and you to find out. :smugdog:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Some are fleeing war-torn Syria

drat Nintendo's artificial scarcity. Can't even find a single Switch anywhere in the country for some reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bill Barber posted:

Watched a stream of someone playing a bunch of Mario games and they were playing 3D World and I was reminded of how many amazing WiiU games there are that like 5 total people played and it makes me want them to re-release the entire WiiU library for the Switch right freaking now.

Nintendo is inventive enough to make a cool game for a weird console but narrow-minded enough to not port it because you cant blow into the mic in one or two levels to raise a platform on switch. Oh well!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bill Barber posted:

The future is now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Megadimension Neptunia when???

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bill Barber posted:

Watched a stream of someone playing a bunch of Mario games and they were playing 3D World and I was reminded of how many amazing WiiU games there are that like 5 total people played and it makes me want them to re-release the entire WiiU library for the Switch right freaking now.

Reggie's said that they want to port a lot of Wii U games but they also want to take the time to make sure the version they make for Switch is the ultra definitive version of said game, like with Mario Kart 8 and Pokken, so they have to be more selective about it. They probably could just factory farm out remasters to like Bluepoint, Virtuos, or Nightdive or whatever and you'd have your Smash 4 Switch with like maybe slightly better graphics but no Nintendo wants you to have like a 1080p 60FPS version that has like 6 new characters and stages and also combines with the 3DS content and so on. It's simultaneously admirable and infuriating.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm sure we'll get more ports than originally planned because of how well MK8D did. They should just bundle 3D World and Captain Toad together.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

Reggie's said that they want to port a lot of Wii U games but they also want to take the time to make sure the version they make for Switch is the ultra definitive version of said game, like with Mario Kart 8 and Pokken, so they have to be more selective about it. They probably could just factory farm out remasters to like Bluepoint, Virtuos, or Nightdive or whatever and you'd have your Smash 4 Switch with like maybe slightly better graphics but no Nintendo wants you to have like a 1080p 60FPS version that has like 6 new characters and stages and also combines with the 3DS content and so on. It's simultaneously admirable and infuriating.

Yeah, to be fair, they're probably never gonna get a second chance like this- to rerelease them with renewed hype.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reggie says all kinda poo poo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah, to be fair, they're probably never gonna get a second chance like this- to rerelease them with renewed hype.

It must be a very interesting balance Nintendo has to make when going back to the Wii U library to decide what to remaster and what to push ahead on. We got sequels to Splatoon and Xenoblade, but remasters of Mario Kart 8 and Pokken. The scant few standout third party games are probably easy bets, like Platinum has been teasing hard that they'll be doing the Bayonetta 1&2 pack and possibly Wonderful 101, but you gotta wonder at what point they just have to soldier on forward.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Theta Zero posted:

The future is now.

It won't fit. :argh:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Switch mini when

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Policenaut posted:

There's no point in flooding the market with high quality games when nobody can put his hands on the drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The fzero maps in Mariokart 8 reminds me that it lacks Koopa town.

• Locked thread