Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

For the new hardware to show off pre rendered demos at gamescon

I bet everyone in the office has a swanky new home pc once it's all wrapped up

Hey Ben do you really need 6 4k monitors to watch old wing commander replays ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

MarcusSA posted:

I still don't quite get why if you have 20 million in the bank you don't just borrow against that?

One thing's for sure: You're not gonna get that question answered here.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Also just lol if this year's smoke show is that Chris is ill (probably from working too hard and never taking a day off)

Do you think Sandi will cry on stage as she announces his entrance ? Cut to a lacky wheeling Chris out with a blanket on his lap

Of course the backers will praise him for his work ethic , And say ' no Chris we don't want this game if it means tour health. Rest up and then deliver when you're good and ready'

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Toops posted:

One thing's for sure: You're not gonna get that question answered here.

Star Citizens financial experts can be found on :reddit:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Star Citizens financial experts can be found on :reddit:

Make that two sources you can cross off the list.

Hey Mirificus, you got any reddit posts archived on this topic?

Just kidding please do not link them here.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Toops posted:

Right but nobody here actually knows wtf they're talking about.

We have a Shitizen-Kruger effect going on here. When compared to the mental retards over at the Star Citizen subreddit, it's easy to think we're super-geniuses by comparison. But actually, we're still idiots, completely lacking in anything resembling a degree in international finance with a specialization in the nuances of multinational corporate law.

The cool and good part wasn't who was right, it was panic that spread so quickly several rags picked it up and they had to wheel Ortwin out on a Sunday (3rd time over the project) to try to put out the fires. If nothing else it telegraphed how precarious cig's position is with how flighty backers are at this stage. I don't remember anyone (other than Derek obviously) claiming to actually know the deal but estimating what it that was a welcome break from recycled jokes about pineapples on pizza or cats boosted from reddit.

Have a drink or something friend, you seem tense these days. It's just a videogame thread.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Sappo569 posted:

Also just lol if this year's smoke show is that Chris is ill (probably from working too hard and never taking a day off)

Do you think Sandi will cry on stage as she announces his entrance ? Cut to a lacky wheeling Chris out with a blanket on his lap

Of course the backers will praise him for his work ethic , And say ' no Chris we don't want this game if it means tour health. Rest up and then deliver when you're good and ready'

They wheel him out in one of those life support wheelchairs like in that one Star Trek episode, and reveal that the reason why 3.0 is taking so long is that he's programing it himself, beeping out individual ones and zeroes.

Chris roberts spends the rest of eternity on his Golden Throne, in a perpetual state of half-death, keeping our dreams safe.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Breetai posted:

They wheel him out in one of those life support wheelchairs like in that one Star Trek episode, and reveal that the reason why 3.0 is taking so long is that he's programing it himself, beeping out individual ones and zeroes.

Chris roberts spends the rest of eternity on his Golden Throne, in a perpetual state of half-death, keeping our dreams safe.

"Due to unforeseen health issues, Star Citizen never existed."

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Breetai posted:

Except instead of sacrificing psychics to power his Golden Throne they sacrifice marriages and self respect.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Breetai posted:

Fun fact, the Captain Pike wheelchair concept had two seats.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Toops posted:

Make that two sources you can cross off the list.

Hey Mirificus, you got any reddit posts archived on this topic?

Just kidding please do not link them here.

Do we need details to just assume it's as dumb and wasteful as everything else they've ever done.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Welp, that's gotta be him in the wheelchair!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Fun fact, the Captain Pike wheelchair concept had two seats.
How many lights did it have though?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Who knows. Gene Roddenberry refactored it after the original pilot.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I think those PC's are for the show and streamers. Doubt Croberts has the balls to run a hands on when he has never did it. :colbert:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Thoatse posted:

The cool and good part wasn't who was right, it was panic that spread so quickly several rags picked it up and they had to wheel Ortwin out on a Sunday (3rd time over the project) to try to put out the fires. If nothing else it telegraphed how precarious cig's position is with how flighty backers are at this stage. I don't remember anyone (other than Derek obviously) claiming to actually know the deal but estimating what it that was a welcome break from recycled jokes about pineapples on pizza or cats boosted from reddit.

Have a drink or something friend, you seem tense these days. It's just a videogame thread.

Ok, thanks for the info guys. If someone has some meltdown reddit links/threads, please provide. Asking for a friend.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

this guy seems solid. It was posted on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6tqcud/matt_intrieri_posted_on_his_personal_facebook/

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
For years publishers have cancelled games after years of development (Ultima Online 2, Everquest Next, Titan, etc.) and in every case, the problem wasn't "we ran out of money." The problem was "the game, as envisioned, sucks balls and is no fun and is unsustainable. This is us cutting our losses."

In the minds of backers, all of the aforementioned games would have been runaway successes if only more money had been spent.

Ironically, each of my previous examples was much, much farther along than SC when they were shitcanned. They had fully functional engines, animations, sound, and the basic gameplay loops were in place. That's how they knew the games were going to suck. The final graphic polish wasn't there yet, because of course it loving wasn't.

With Chris Roberts "graphics-first" approach to game development, imagine how long it will take to get to the stage where they realize the "game" sucks.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Get hyped!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I mean, what can possibly go wrong?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Thoatse posted:

That's a good point, it did produce some comedy.

Thoatse posted:

:gary: this is serious

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Visited the National Space and Air Museum a couple weeks ago. It was quite impressive, but there wasn't a Wing Commander display.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

I would be absolutely shocked if news were to come out that Chris is sick delaying the project.

Shocked I tell you.
Yeah, same here.

But it would be much more entertaining if they admitted that Chris being sick wouldn't delay anything at all. We all suspect it anyway, the only shocking thing would be hearing it from them.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Toops posted:

Howard Hughes. It's actually Kleenex boxes.

almost completely shut off from the outside world left to wallow in your own delusions yet still dominating the masses via economic supremacy, he truly lived the libertarian dream to the fullest

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

There are two lights

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So, thread title is counting down to Gamescon then?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I find it extremely suspicious it's not "ELE -- 14 days"

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Two worms.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:eyepop: loving size of that hamster!!!

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

this guy seems solid[/url]

To be fair, so was my last poo poo.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
A year ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNqcHiPhu4

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Has there ever been a time in human history when a thread title was a countdown for a doomsday clock? Are we at the end of times for the world? :ohdear:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wait, I thought this was a space game?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ALPHA LEADER come in !! Jesus Christ red 2.. you have to come see this

He's ... clipping through the floor. Dear God (sound of muffled puking)

Come on kid pull yourself together , this isn't even the worst the vandull can throw at us

But Major who will save us now ???

*cheesy music starts to build up in the background*

The only person that has the guts. Old ma... *static, followed by a hollow voice*

You loving idiots I told you we got rid of that idiot hamil, the hero is Chris remember ? You're fired. And you you're fired too. Someone get me my latte and for gently caress sakes where is Ben with my 1pm foot massage

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops