Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tonight's Raw will have Brock and Heyman on MizTV, and 2 triple threat qualifiers to determine Alexa's Summerslam challenger (Nia/Mickie/Dana and Alicia/Emma/Sasha)

205 Live will have Rich Swann vs TJP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Fentry posted:

Baron Corbin has new music for some reason

https://streamable.com/9zy2h

Just like his first theme, awesome until you see who walks out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

spongeh posted:

Just like his first theme, awesome until you see who walks out.

Then it's even better!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena vs Corbin at Summerslam

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Time for Big Boy Baron to pin Cena clean :getin:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I look forward to the traditional "MitB holder loses clean and decisively early in the show before cashing in after the title match"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bradzilla posted:

I look forward to the traditional "MitB holder loses clean and decisively early in the show before cashing in after the title match"

I'm only 50/50 on that. Mostly because I think they'll have Carmella cash in on the SD women's champ at the PPV, so Corbin might not be until the Tuesday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I'm only 50/50 on that. Mostly because I think they'll have Carmella cash in on the SD women's champ at the PPV, so Corbin might not be until the Tuesday.

It's a 5 hour show, I can definitely see both briefcases at least being teased if not used

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Two separate sources claiming Corbin's cash-in got the big axe and he was made a fool because he attacked that military guy on Twitter, then pussied out and looked like an idiot. Word got back to Vince who was furious that Corbin got himself into that in the first place. He wants to go in an entirely different direction now. The first source made this claim before the show even went on the air and also claimed tentatively that the direction is Jinder staying the course until Survivor Series.

Editing in one source's place of work so that I don't get attacked by people who are angry for no reason. Please don't harass to find out who it is specifically.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 16, 2017

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Cavauro posted:

Two separate sources claiming Corbin's cash-in got the big axe and he was made a fool because he attacked that military guy on Twitter, then pussied out and looked like an idiot. Word got back to Vince who was furious that Corbin got himself into that in the first place. He wants to go in an entirely different direction now. The first source made this claim before the show even went on the air and also claimed tentatively that the direction is Jinder staying the course until Survivor Series.

Editing in one source's place of work so that I don't get attacked by people who are angry for no reason. Please don't harass to find out who it is specifically.

That makes the most sense somehow, him getting into it with other wrestlers and even Meltzer while dumb I doubt is anything they care too much about.
But Vince comes off as such a TroopsCountryFlag guy that I'd believe it

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Troxartas posted:

That makes the most sense somehow, him getting into it with other wrestlers and even Meltzer while dumb I doubt is anything they care too much about.
But Vince comes off as such a TroopsCountryFlag guy that I'd believe it

Also I don't think Corbin understands the lines you're allowed to cross when heeling on Twitter. "You're just jealous of me and how good my life is" is something you can get away with saying, but "nothing you've done in your life has meaning" isn't, especially if you're going to be putting random audience members on blast.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was/is a tease for Dunne/Neville at Takeover. Depends if Dunne gets cleared:

https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/status/897273737594130432

The last two Takeover Booklyn shows had 6 matches. 2017 has 5 matches currently.

Adam Cole's faction of ex-ROH guys is set to debut in an angle that will be a big talking point and a very strong launch.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I hope Adam Cole gets the personality he's been missing the last few months back in NXT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

I hope Adam Cole gets the personality he's been missing the last few months back in NXT

baybay

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

Same

Been assured it won't be derivative and lame. A lot of detail work has gone into his introduction.

I personally I think he and others lay out past NXT wrestlers.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Who's going to be joining the faction? ReDRagon I assume, but others?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

I've only heard RedDRagon.

No clue about Lio or Dijack.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jenny Angel posted:

Lio Rush likely.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Big heel factions are a big risk even before you factor in the added problems an Invasion Angle brings.

Good an opportunity as any to turn Roddy once Drew wins the strap

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
An RoH invasion angle would be a great idea because then all of the guys could line up single file to receive their kicks to the face from Aleister Black.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Who would be in Adam Cole's ROH faction?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Good an opportunity as any to turn Roddy once Drew wins the strap

whaaaaaaa? They went through all that trouble building him up as a babyface, so why the hell would they turn him now?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

89 posted:

Who would be in Adam Cole's ROH faction?

Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly at the very least. Possibly Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush as well.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly at the very least. Possibly Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush as well.

That would be as exciting as sanity

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Platypus Farm posted:

That would be as exciting as sanity

It would be very good and I'd be hyped for it.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It would be very good and I'd be hyped for it.

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying ROH hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire lately and I doubt a bunch of ROH guys joining together just because they were all in ROH would be very exciting. Sounds like a faction for faction's sake which, okay I guess, but with NXT getting a little floundery it seems like it'd be smarter to just have some individually developed storylines and also have lio rush no sell being pile driven through a table from 40 feet up.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VJeff posted:

An RoH invasion angle would be a great idea because then all of the guys could line up single file to receive their kicks to the face from Aleister Black.

It will be great seeing all those indy geeks get squashed by the Authors of Pain. Get to 350 pounds or get lost!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bigass Moth posted:

It will be great seeing all those indy geeks get squashed by the Authors of Pain. Get to 350 pounds or get lost!

Kassius Ohno: Hold my drink

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Venomous posted:

whaaaaaaa? They went through all that trouble building him up as a babyface, so why the hell would they turn him now?
"Building him up" is kind of a stretch, that feud was 90% Roode (in segments, at least). Though who knows how the bookers have judged him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying ROH hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire lately and I doubt a bunch of ROH guys joining together just because they were all in ROH would be very exciting. Sounds like a faction for faction's sake which, okay I guess, but with NXT getting a little floundery it seems like it'd be smarter to just have some individually developed storylines and also have lio rush no sell being pile driven through a table from 40 feet up.
At the same time Triple H is such a fan of old school, has been looking for any excuse to do War Games for years now, and the faction warfare from a few years back involving SHIELD/Evolution/Wyatt Family were really good too.

I've been re-watching the CZW/ROH feud and when faction warfare is done really well it's some of the most exciting wrestling in decades, but once again, they've had a brand split for ages and haven't made the first attempt to make a feud between the brands exciting, and they've also been given a golden goose like Nexus and managed to kill excitement for it almost immediately too

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
WWE should never do invasion angles. It's gonna be bad

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

At the same time Triple H is such a fan of old school, has been looking for any excuse to do War Games for years now, and the faction warfare from a few years back involving SHIELD/Evolution/Wyatt Family were really good too.

I've been re-watching the CZW/ROH feud and when faction warfare is done really well it's some of the most exciting wrestling in decades, but once again, they've had a brand split for ages and haven't made the first attempt to make a feud between the brands exciting, and they've also been given a golden goose like Nexus and managed to kill excitement for it almost immediately too

While I agree with you on the idea of invasions being awesome, the problem as I see it is that the people watching have to know who the hell the people in the faction ARE.

NWO worked because everyone knew hall and nash and ultimately hogan. The Horsemen worked because everyone in the world knew flair, anderson, blanchard and dillon. To me, shield and the wyatts weren't really factions as much as freebird-rule tag teams. It's like calling New Day a faction. Anyway, people knew who they were too.

Outside of a real small subset of viewers, who the hell are going to know some ROH guys and indie workers? Sure, a higher percentage of NXT fans will know them, but I can't imagine it'd be enough to actually field an effective faction for an invasion angle.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I am happy WWE traded Cody Rhodes for Adam Cole, Rush, Dijack, and reDragon.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I feel like a lot of the people that watch NXT are gonna know who those guys are, even if it's just as simple as "oh hey that guy is from ring of honor"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it actually an ROH invasion thing though, or just putting together 3 guys who some fans will know were in ROH?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The problem with invasion angles is that WWE loving sucks at invasion angles

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Benne posted:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

The stakes are low enough in NXT to get away with doing an okay story. Not saying that's gonna happen, or that it might, but shareholders and Vince don't seem to get as antsy when the program doesn't blow.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It could very easily be bad given WWE and all, but it would have to be Vince-level bad booking to be awful with Cole, Fish and O'Reilly. All three of those guys can work their asses off and Cole and Fish can already talk better than just about anyone in NXT.

I get all the skepticism given Sanity and what not, but these guys are so far beyond anyone in Sanity.

If Hunter's WarGames boner ends with Cole/O'Reilly/Fish/Dijak against Strong/Itami/Ohno/Black at Mania or something like that I will flip the gently caress out.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Hunter's WarGames boner ends with Cole/O'Reilly/Fish/Dijak against Strong/Itami/Ohno/Black at Mania or something like that I will flip the gently caress out.

This will never ever happen FYI