Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I finally got Rhino Prime but I don't like how Rhino moves so I gave him Sprint and Maglev so he's now Nezha's fat brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jargon
Apr 22, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

There are 2 I think, one is Definitely the Corpus. Everyone is super nice on PS4. What's your IGN? I don't think I can invite you but I can show you around a bit tonight if you want.

It's JargonGO :)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jargon posted:

It's JargonGO :)

logging on now.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I finally got Rhino Prime but I don't like how Rhino moves so I gave him Sprint and Maglev so he's now Nezha's fat brother.

Can you get arcane helmets on PS4?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sandweed posted:

Can you get arcane helmets on PS4?

Yup, I was actually coming to the thread to ask if Arcane helmets sell decently on PS4. I have three and all for frames I have no intention of playing.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Rhino Arcane helmet makes Rhino Prime as fast as Loki.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sandweed posted:

Rhino Arcane helmet makes Rhino Prime as fast as Loki.

Yeah, but the other one makes him even slower and increases his health. Guess which one is more widely available?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Can somebody give me a rundown on how to go about selling things in this game? I've got that Atterax riven and I got a Lex one today, but I have no idea what sort of prices I should be asking for, or what. How do I avoid getting ripped off?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zereth posted:

Can somebody give me a rundown on how to go about selling things in this game? I've got that Atterax riven and I got a Lex one today, but I have no idea what sort of prices I should be asking for, or what. How do I avoid getting ripped off?

Check Warframe Market and Check Trade Chat to see what people are advertising they're buying something for vs what people are advertising what they're selling something for.

Make a price floor and don't second guess it. Otherwise you're going to do things like back out of a trade with someone that seems to eager, and that they actually were a stroke of luck for you to find. Also it could take awhile, and you don't have to sell it. This is just an extension of the most profitable resource farming you've ever done so don't plan on selling it in 5 minutes. You have Rivens that are worth a good amount of plat, give it a good 1-2 hours. Pretend you're farming plat and just keep at it. Also keep a couple things in mind for sale to pass the time.

Make a mental note of any rare mods you have that you can get rid of because these will help you pass the time.

Exploit trades. You can get some ridiculously rare poo poo by doing random trades with people who are either plat poor and need something or just don't know the price of it.

Also realize that most people advertising multiple things are asking for moon prices and don't get those, they're just waiting for a sucker.

If you want to sell something fast knock 20% off what everyone is advertising that thing for, if not, be prepared to wait.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 15, 2017

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Zereth posted:

One thing I do on occasion is look at their profile. Say I'm selling a prime frame, but I'm not sure what a good price is. So if someone jumps with an offer I can check the profile to see if they have the prime already and are just looking to resell.

For a riven it might help to see if lex is their most used or top five in secondary. To help weed out a reseller from a fan of the gun. And don't be afraid to ask in clan chat if a deal sounds good or not. Better to ask and be embarrassed than find out later you got robbed.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well I have been watching the trade channel occasionally but I haven't seen anybody mention the Atterax at all. Which is part of the problem here, since I belive a huge chunk of the riven's value is that it's for that specific weapon.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Zereth posted:

For rivens you can give yourself some perspective by looking at other people's prices for the same riven. The two places I can think of where people even sell rivens are the warframe forums and a subreddit

pc https://forums.warframe.com/forum/180-trading-post/
xbone/ps4 https://forums.warframe.com/forum/182-trading-post/
https://www.reddit.com/r/RivenFrame/

pc/console prices will almost certainly be different since consoles apparently don't get plat discounts.

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 15, 2017

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

There is no magic bullet that makes you good at trading in this game, it takes time and patience.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Sandweed posted:

There is no magic bullet that makes you good at trading in this game, it takes time and patience.

And masochism

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

being able to read tradechat without killing yourself is the first step

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Or signing up to Warframe.Market to make it super easy for most things.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I like the fact that as you gain more infestation stacks, Nidus's armor opens up, and even his alt Prion helmet has the spikes stick straight up as you become more of a stompy death-god.

You can ALSO observe this frame-boner by walking close/into the infested area of the orbiter too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DelphiAegis posted:

I like the fact that as you gain more infestation stacks, Nidus's armor opens up, and even his alt Prion helmet has the spikes stick straight up as you become more of a stompy death-god.

You can ALSO observe this frame-boner by walking close/into the infested area of the orbiter too.

There's a button in the lower right of the Arsenal when modifying Nidus that activates his Mutation armor-boners as well

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I like the fully open prion helmet cause it reminds me of a crown. King Contagious.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Wife and I just picked this up as we are looking for something more pve after overwatch burnout.

Anything we should know going in?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

BoneMonkey posted:

Wife and I just picked this up as we are looking for something more pve after overwatch burnout.

You don't need everything.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Join the clan

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

BoneMonkey posted:

This game is not balanced, some weapons just plain suck. It's fine to just level them for mastery points then sell them.

Join the clan to ask questions and get free stuff once you reach mastery rank 2 and can trade

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Learn how to bullet jump effectively (aim in the direction you want to go, hold crouch, press jump) to get where you're going faster. Bind roll to a button on your mouse and experiment with it when you're more comfortable with the movement system.

Focus on completing junctions that lead to other planets. Try to build Rhino when possible, then Frost. I think they're unlocked through the Jackal and Lech Kril boss fights, respectively.

Don't spend starting platinum on anything other than weapon / warframe slots. Don't purchase platinum unless you get a 75% off coupon.

A friend and I logged in a couple hundred hours together and I think the game was funnest when it was just us (friends only in matchmaking) screwing around and figuring things out. We were so impressed with spin attacks slicing dudes in half. Have fun!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hundreds of hours in and I've never seen a 75% off coupon. Content yourself with 50% off

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Get in clan and ask for whatever - advice, mission assistance, vital mods, clanchat is your one stop newbie shop. Never feel bad about asking, either, we're more than happy to help :)

This game has an overwhelming amount of poo poo in it and gives only minimal guidance, so don't worry if you feel directionless. Plug away at the star chart and do quests as you come by them. And as always, if you're stuck or need some goals to set, just ask about it in clan.

The free to play aspect of this game is remarkably fair, you can do just about whatever without having to spend money. If you're enjoying yourself and want some platinum, try and wait until you get a daily login coupon - they go up to 75% off. Avoid spending platinum on weapons or frames, instead the best bangs for your bucks are weapon and frame inventory slots, cosmetic color palettes and accessories (Fashionframe is the true endgame), and occasional Orokin Catalysts and Reactors.

The main thing to remember is the ABCs of Warframe: Always Be Cartwheeling into a double jump into a spiraling dive into a Van Halen powerslide :D

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

There's quite a few things you can only get from the clan's research labs in the dojo, too. Join the clan, don't be like me and gently caress around for several days not joining the clan.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

BoneMonkey posted:

Digirat posted:

Join the clan

It's really that easy. Also be on PC cause ps4 is a ghost town with a single prospector(G2G) who warns you to get out while you can.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

That's mostly because I often can't be assed to turn my PS4 on

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Sazabi posted:

It's really that easy. Also be on PC cause ps4 is a ghost town with a single prospector(G2G) who warns you to get out while you can.

No! You can't leave! There's tons of us!
*Grabs skeleton from wall*
Tell em Reggie, about the farming, and the simulor, and when Tonkor cleared whole rooms! It'll all be good now that you're here too!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I think my favorite Warframe moment since I started a few weeks ago was beating the second dream and seeing skill trees for the first time 50 hours in.

Then figuring out what lenses were 20 hours later.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

It is a fantastic moment for sure. I was in awe as well. But you should at least spoiler that since on this very page were people claiming to be new.

Remember: Never reveal the Wu Kong Secret.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

turn off the TV posted:

I think my favorite Warframe moment since I started a few weeks ago was beating the second dream and seeing skill trees for the first time 50 hours in.

Then figuring out what lenses were 20 hours later.

wait, what

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

It was a mind gently caress seeing a character creator for the first time 1000 hours in

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Do we have to worry about out leveling each other if one of us plays with the other? Or is it fairly chill?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

BoneMonkey posted:

Do we have to worry about out leveling each other if one of us plays with the other? Or is it fairly chill?

Levels don't really matter much, the cap is per weapon/warframe and is pretty low(30, in some endgame areas you can get a weapon from 1 to 30 in like 15 defense waves :v: ) And you can prestige weapons and frames to fit more stuff on them so don't worry about levels.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

BoneMonkey posted:

Totally a non-issue. There aren't really levels in the traditional sense, each piece of equipment has its own level (maxing at thirty), and that level determines the extent to which you can modify it. Ranking to max goes relatively quickly, and there's always stuff that you'll want to max out, so even if one of you plays more than the other there won't be the kind of power disparities you'd have in most RPGs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The quests in the Codex unlock even more progression systems and I assume some of them being gated so far down the line makes more sense when you remember that this game was in beta in 2013. I just unlocked the requirements to get riven mods and I can't even equip them for another half dozen ranks.

Broose posted:

It is a fantastic moment for sure. I was in awe as well. But you should at least spoiler that since on this very page were people claiming to be new.

Remember: Never reveal the Wu Kong Secret.

Considering that you can just look at people's profiles and see most of this stuff I'm pretty sure it's not exactly a huge secret.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 16, 2017

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
I'm playing this again after spending some time with it back in 2014 (Jesus I feel old), so I've sent a request to join the clan :) The game actually feels a lot more fun now, and I fear I may actually stick with it this time :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
Like other goons that have posted here earlier, I too just got into the game now (destiny 2 hype got couple of friend of mine anxious so I suggested that we try warframe, and it turns out that they both enjoy the game and killed the hype for destiny 2 for them a little...).

Been doing a lot of reading and from what I gathered the first thing I should do is to join the goon clan right?

What is the deal with these Prime Access things? There are stuff in there that is not grindable right? Are they ever worth it?

What are some good warframes and weapons for someone that likes to run and gun or snipe? I am using frost prime (free from twitch prime) and the starter bow, I am finding the dmg vs. effort spent using the bow to be bit lacking, so I am hoping to find some better alternatives.

Also, is there any thing that helps with energy regen? I find myself energy starved a lot of time after just casting of one ability.

thanks!