Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

trucutru posted:

Just install padguide (which lists all available dungeons) and play the JP version. I play both and JP it's just so much better (Today's free roll: beach Urd).

With padguide telling you all the details of a dungeon, the only thing that the language-challenged have to learn is the basic navigation interface.

That's the thing, I find it really tedious constantly swapping between apps double-checking what I'm looking at. Even with basic familiarity with how everything is laid out from playing NA it takes orders of magnitude more time to pick a dungeon and run it, and if I'm waiting on a specific dungeon for an evo mat or something I can't just glance at the Special tab like I can on NA. Anything involving collab friend lead inherits becomes a mystery because I don't have an ID to look up.

If I stuck with it I could have made it work but it didn't feel worth the effort. NA gets most of the free stuff these days albeit on a delayed schedule, so it's mostly some collabs we're missing. The 2-3 month lag time on updates is nice in its own way for making advance preparations for a cheese build or something, and Gungho does throw us a bone with several day long OSC windows instead of hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

After playing JP for so long it's weird playing NA or EU. I am able to read things but I ignore it all and go to pad guide instead.

(I still cannot read japanese)

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
So fua works even if you don't activate that card's colors. Nice.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nosre posted:

Green's got Kushi... what (NA) leads even use Skuld and Urd? Dark's pretty dominant right now, I can't think of a good red leader at all.

And now I go check Setsu's tier list and it's dead. RIP :(

it's been dead for like a month but it's still ahead of na

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Yeah, evolved a Verdandi to new ult and quickly discovered that I am bad at making columns of hearts if I have to do anything else.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Split Ult Ronia is up too.

I've got 2 Verdandi so I'll switch one over to FUA. I think I'll make my one Urd FUA also. Poor Momiji.

I've been playing Anubis/Diablos with double Diaochan and it's been pretty fun. I've also got my own Diablos and Kush. What are some fun teams to run with Kush/Diablos and are there any other fun leads to run with Diablos?

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I have my BFF still and none of my current BFFs have Anubis up ever. Does anybody with a decent Anubis want a BFF? We can do a triangle if there's interest, otherwise I'll just BFF you. I currently have Diablos up all the time, Anubis in the first slot and Yomidra in BFF slot, and occasionally use Aizen.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!
I don't have my BFF but i'm totally looking for Diablos BFF and always have Anubis up in slot 1. Also always in the Discord if you need to ping me. Friend info is 358,127,408. I usually have Ra Dragon up on team 2, with occasional appearances from Noctis, Ilm, ALB and Mitsune X.

edit: Anubis is hypermax with Sheena inherit

edit2: My GF is also looking for a Diablos BFF and has a hypermax Anubis & Kush, and owns a Fuujin as well as a Sheena, if you're in need of someone with a Fuujin inherit. Her friend info is 386,024,418.

randoark fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 17, 2017

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

randoark posted:

edit2: My GF is also looking for a Diablos BFF and has a hypermax Anubis & Kush, and owns a Fuujin as well as a Sheena, if you're in need of someone with a Fuujin inherit. Her friend info is 386,024,418.

Her friends list is full at 50/50.

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

GoodBee posted:

Her friends list is full at 50/50.

She cleared a few spots

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
holy gently caress lmao the beach gacha is traaaash. my 9 gachadra rolls:

as usual, the dungeon boss rolls are my favorite. fully evolved z8 and nordis? sign me the gently caress up.

beach rolls were absolute trash obviously.

rare gacha rolls were also a disaster aside from my first sheen, but it's not like im ever gonna use sheen over carat.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man, new ult Skuld does some amazing damage. The only real challenge is putting together a team with enough damage control to handle the damage-absorbers.

Also, new ults announced for Ryune, Saria, and Sylvie. The "sub ult" versions all get FUA and 7-combo awakenings, so that's pretty nice.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

ChikoDemono posted:

After playing JP for so long it's weird playing NA or EU. I am able to read things but I ignore it all and go to pad guide instead.

(I still cannot read japanese)

Same pretty much. I learned where the things are and a few characters for the days of the week. The only time I ever have issues is when I'm looking for a very specific technical dungeon or something out of the ordinary.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Man, new ult Skuld does some amazing damage. The only real challenge is putting together a team with enough damage control to handle the damage-absorbers.

Also, new ults announced for Ryune, Saria, and Sylvie. The "sub ult" versions all get FUA and 7-combo awakenings, so that's pretty nice.

yessss I was waiting for all of them to get ults and those are great

shame that sub sylvia/saria don't have an sbr tho

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I took a break because juggling two accounts got boring so now I have decided to pass my alt account forward.

https://www.padherder.com/user/SA_jewels/monsters (should be almost up to date)

There is a lot of good stuff there if anyone needs an account.

If not, is there still someone who hold accounts for furure needs?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Is there a list of which monsters have a remove void/absorb damage active? It'd be convenient to know which monsters to try to get since there are so many different types of absorbs/void.

isndl
May 2, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Is there a list of which monsters have a remove void/absorb damage active? It'd be convenient to know which monsters to try to get since there are so many different types of absorbs/void.

On NA for ignoring absorb, it's just Bride Persephone and her skillup material. Beach REM should soon add Beach Artemis and her skillup to that list. JP has a few others I believe but they're all collab that NA probably won't see.

For ignoring voids there's no actives, but the FF collab on JP added the 3x3 box awakening to punch through them.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

milward posted:

I took a break because juggling two accounts got boring so now I have decided to pass my alt account forward.

https://www.padherder.com/user/SA_jewels/monsters (should be almost up to date)

There is a lot of good stuff there if anyone needs an account.

If not, is there still someone who hold accounts for furure needs?

This is my old alt, right? If no one wants it now, I can hold onto it again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Biggest Jerk posted:

the absorb killer is on bride persephone and beach artemis (they have different orb changes tho); the void breaker is an awakening and only on the pixel ults for the final fantasy collab

milward
Nov 5, 2009

GoodBee posted:

This is my old alt, right? If no one wants it now, I can hold onto it again.

Yeah it is, Ill PM you the device change code then, thanks for letting me borrow it.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

milward posted:

Yeah it is, Ill PM you the device change code then, thanks for letting me borrow it.

No problem. If someone else here wants it today, I'll forward the code. If not, I'll claim it this evening and it'll be up for grabs after 30 days.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

randoark posted:

I don't have my BFF but i'm totally looking for Diablos BFF and always have Anubis up in slot 1. Also always in the Discord if you need to ping me. Friend info is 358,127,408. I usually have Ra Dragon up on team 2, with occasional appearances from Noctis, Ilm, ALB and Mitsune X.

edit: Anubis is hypermax with Sheena inherit

This is perfect. I sent a friend request and I'll BFF as soon as you accept; having RaDra up on team 2 is an added bonus. I haven't been running him lately but I'm always tempted to go back to him sometimes, and very few of my friends have him up anymore. Let me know if you want me to throw him up ever.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Nothing going on in JP these days as I actually cleared the C10 this time. I have set my sights on Machine Athena since I've never actually beaten the dungeon, and RagDrag needs her.

What's the general strategy? Fujin? Any advice?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Once you find out, let me know, Crypto!

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

cryptoclastic posted:

Nothing going on in JP these days as I actually cleared the C10 this time. I have set my sights on Machine Athena since I've never actually beaten the dungeon, and RagDrag needs her.

What's the general strategy? Fujin? Any advice?

It's really not too bad now. Just bring a fujin, fua, and be able to do 7c for the dragon. Maybe a shield for the f2 preempt. And I would recommend sdr for your fujin.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Gotcha. About what I figured. I just need to find some Diablos friends with a Fujin inherit!

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

cryptoclastic posted:

Gotcha. About what I figured. I just need to find some Diablos friends with a Fujin inherit!

My diablos has fujin inherited but it sounds like you might be on JP. If you're on NA then it's 328,597,359.

randoark
May 9, 2003

Hobojim posted:

This is perfect. I sent a friend request and I'll BFF as soon as you accept; having RaDra up on team 2 is an added bonus. I haven't been running him lately but I'm always tempted to go back to him sometimes, and very few of my friends have him up anymore. Let me know if you want me to throw him up ever.

Accepted the invite - let me know if you ever need anything up or specific inherits (other than fuujin who has eluded me), I'm always in the discord. I still enjoy paying radra a lot honestly, even with the existence of anublos.

If you have an extra friend slot my gf would love another diablos friend too. Thanks for the bff!

AlMac
Oct 5, 2003

Peter Serafinowicz says I'M THE BEST
I finally decided to get in on this game. After rerolling more times than I care to think about, I finally got one from the God list - Hathor. Most of the advice and information on that list might as well be written in Welsh for me just now because I have no frame of reference for this game beyond the tutorial. Is Hathor OK to start with? Should I just stop retelling and crack on with the game now, picking things up as I go?

milward
Nov 5, 2009

AlMac posted:

I finally decided to get in on this game. After rerolling more times than I care to think about, I finally got one from the God list - Hathor. Most of the advice and information on that list might as well be written in Welsh for me just now because I have no frame of reference for this game beyond the tutorial. Is Hathor OK to start with? Should I just stop retelling and crack on with the game now, picking things up as I go?

Unless Goodbee has already claimed it there is a quite developed account up for grabs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hathor seems kinda hard to use for a new player but I wouldn't bother rerolling into you get something good since you don't know what that is yet. just play and save the magic stones you get for the next godfest

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Manatee Cannon posted:

hathor seems kinda hard to use for a new player but I wouldn't bother rerolling into you get something good since you don't know what that is yet. just play and save the magic stones you get for the next godfest

Yeah. Do this.

My JP alt account started with a Grimrock and is now all sorts of baller.

You'll eventually get stuff that's good. It's more fun to build up your own account and learn how to play a few leads than it is to get overwhelmed with a really awesome account before you know what to do with it. And rerolling also sucks. Just play with what you have and enjoy the game.

AlMac
Oct 5, 2003

Peter Serafinowicz says I'M THE BEST
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm just going to play on and learn stuff as I go. I appreciate the offer of the developed account but I wouldn't know what anything meant and I feel like it'll be better to start from scratch ans see what happens.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

AlMac posted:

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm just going to play on and learn stuff as I go. I appreciate the offer of the developed account but I wouldn't know what anything meant and I feel like it'll be better to start from scratch ans see what happens.

P.much any leader is good enough to at least get stones to pull a better one eventually. The best tip I could give a new player would be to get on the Discord.

https://discord.gg/S8W46N

There you can get friends with the Leaders that matches your Leader or someone to carry you in dungeons for materials you might need or answer any questions you might have.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
What's the strategy for the different radar dragons? Some of them seem like they need a specific team to beat such as Noah dragon due to its random rear end damage absorbs

isndl
May 2, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

What's the strategy for the different radar dragons? Some of them seem like they need a specific team to beat such as Noah dragon due to its random rear end damage absorbs

Well, there's a lot of different radar dragons and each one is unique so it'd take a lot of time to detail each one. Noahdra is an exercise in stalling and damage control, although I think some teams like Meri can oneshot with a perfectly calculated team. Ignore absorb actives are starting to trickle out which may help but we still don't have the void punch awakenings yet on NA.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

AlMac posted:

Yeah, what everyone else said. I did pick back up that account. I can transfer it again in 30 days if you, or anyone else wants a Rank 477 account with some nice monsters. I'm going to evo some stuff and collect freebies on it in the meantime.

Hathor is a little tough to activate just starting out. But the good thing about the power creep in this game is you only really need to activate one leader skill to just wreck all the early game. Post your friend code, get a bunch of goon friends and try activating your friends leader skill. It lets you try out a bunch of different playstyles.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

AlMac posted:

I have a bunch of NA accounts as well if you're interested as well. Not developed like Goodbee's account, but you don't have to wait 30 days. :)

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

And when you're ready to play on the good server, I have some JP accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Looks like Heroine girl buffs got added today.