Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

The million ants are still alive. 🐜

"In most monogynous ants (ants which only have one queen per colony), the entire colony will slowly die out. But it will take a while."

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
One Million Ants is my favorite character since the Meeseeks.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Cojawfee posted:

You are a racist.

How many times will I be called racist on TVIV guess I'll just have to keep postin to find out.

And uhh just because his eye is wonky doesn't mean they aren't the same species. He's got the same basic shape/size/and accent or speech patterns. As though there are 0 variations between different members of the same species. Seems like an intentional connection given we haven't seen that poopy butthole since the end of S2 and once again Rick is all about it despite barely remembering it or even seemingly having ever done anything with it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The Notorious ZSB posted:

How many times will I be called racist on TVIV guess I'll just have to keep postin to find out.

And uhh just because his eye is wonky doesn't mean they aren't the same species. He's got the same basic shape/size/and accent or speech patterns. As though there are 0 variations between different members of the same species. Seems like an intentional connection given we haven't seen that poopy butthole since the end of S2 and once again Rick is all about it despite barely remembering it or even seemingly having ever done anything with it.

Yeah, well, this is TVIV and I've said it's racist, so now you have to agree with me or else you're a racist.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, well, this is TVIV and I've said it's racist, so now you have to agree with me or else you're a racist.

Well well then...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cojawfee posted:

Gahd DAYUM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Well well then...

Welcome to your reckoning BABAAAAAAAAY

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Welcome to your reckoning BABAAAAAAAAY

You're, you know, The Notorious ZSB...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you try to leave this thread or whatever you will die

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I for one appreciate that Rick talks to he rats in PickleRick exactly the same way he talks to higher life forms while he's slaughtering them.

It shows you that's how Rick sees everyone, a rodent barely capable of comprehending what he is doing to them. It's exactly like when he rips off Gearface's groin gears, he's not actually talking to anyone but himself.

It's also kind of funny that Rick specifically calls Dr. Wong on being a "monologist" given his own monologue when goring the giant rat. This season has done a great job of characterizing Rick.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Why did Beth say Dr. Wong's name was racist anyway?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Argas posted:

Because her authority had just been successfully challenged (Possibly for the first time since she met Jerry) and could not think of any other way to put down the person who did it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Argas posted:

Well...

DarklyDreaming posted:

Because her authority had just been successfully challenged (Possibly for the first time since she met Jerry) and could not think of any other way to put down the person who did it.

... partially. My theory: "Wong" is a stereotypical Asian surname. If you're going to make a joke name about an Asian, Irishman, or Pole, then you're probably going to use the names Wong, McGillicuddy, or _____ski. Example: "In the Chinese phone book, there are 100 pages of Wongs. That's a lot of Wong numbers!!"

The doctor was named Wong, so Beth, in a huff because of what Darkly Dreaming said and not quick enough on her feet to fully think through her clap back, she decided that since Wong was a stereotypical name, it must be racist to use it... even though she is Asian and it is plausible that her name is Wong for non-racist reasons.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Stealing this from Reddit

Apparently these are our dead vindicators from vindicators 2

TheTollie
Jun 17, 2003
Tollie
nice tribute by rick re: dead vindicators

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

So drunk Rick expected sober(ish) Rick and Morty to have left the traps via portal right (maybe up to the party)? Maybe the Noob Noob tribute at the end was because he straight up didn't expect Morty to even be there anymore. (It's not this because it isn't as funny, but still ...)

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

CelticPredator posted:

If you try to leave this thread or whatever you will die

like in Sawwwww(ful forums)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheTollie posted:

nice tribute by rick re: dead vindicators

Um. Excuse me. It's "Diablo VERDE".

Racist....

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Manwithastick posted:

Stealing this from Reddit

Apparently these are our dead vindicators from vindicators 2

That's a shame, they look pretty cool.

What's the over-under on Super Nova having secretly murdered them because they weren't okay with blowing up a planet to stop a shape shifter?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What's the over-under on Super Nova having secretly murdered them because they weren't okay with blowing up a planet to stop a shape shifter?

Personally, I think it's more likely that they were killed by Doomnomitron during the mission. The deaths of fellow Vindicators quite easily drives Supernova to scorched-earth-level homicidal rage, as we see in the episode. She's more than happy to kill Rick and Morty because of the deaths of Maximus and Crocubot (and possibly Alan and maybe even Million, which she unfairly blames on R & M).

Of course, once she's decided to kill someone (or someones), she's capable of killing even her own lover to make sure it stays a secret, so it is more than a little likely that Supernova killed them to keep her decision to exterminate the planet a secret.

Hell, it almost looks like the odds are 50/50.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Low chance because it's not nearly as entertaining if she is already a murderer and betrayer before Rick's sheer shittiness and pettiness pushed her in that direction.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argas posted:

It's partly what others have said, and I'm pretty sure partly a meta joke about Dr. Wong being voiced by Susan Sarandon, a very white woman.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

World Famous W posted:

Low chance because it's not nearly as entertaining if she is already a murderer and betrayer before Rick's sheer shittiness and pettiness pushed her in that direction.

She destroyed an entire planet full of innocent people. She was already a murderer.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

rydiafan posted:

She destroyed an entire planet full of innocent people. She was already a murderer.

No one is innocent under c-c-capitalism Morty!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I just rewatched the episode, and I don't think they mention Supernova's name until the end, when Logic says it and then Morty does. Although Million Ants does call her "Titty Bean" which is a name.

edit: And what if she killed Snuzzles because he killed Alan Rails, instead of as part of a coverup? :tinfoil:

prefect fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 19, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

World Famous W posted:

It's not just entertaining, it's pretty much the main theme of the show that everyone is a worse, shittier person for having met Rick Sanchez.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Whats up goons, its interesting to read your feedback on the vindicators episode. It actually got cut down quite a bit from its original length. I hope they put the deleted scenes in or something when it goes to DVD. I think you guys would like it. Heres some stuff I did for that episode.

This thing which was only featured for maybe 2 seconds?

And here is the 3d model of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzAdO-gf89Y

oh and these things, which i spent way to much time on because I still can't draw hands.

I did other things as well but nothing that got any amount of screen time.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That middle hands drawing looks like the goatse hands.

Oh god, I've spent too much time on the Internet.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

WampaLord posted:

That middle hands drawing looks like the goatse hands.

Oh god, I've spent too much time on the Internet.

I think I contemplated on putting a cardboard ring on it. But it wouldn't have worked in the scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Those hands looked wonderful.

Also this episode grew on me the more I watched it. It's a good satire of Marvel stuff as well as showing how far Rick will go to prove a pointless point.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Google "wubba lubba dub dub."

You're welcome.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Typical posted:

Whats up goons, its interesting to read your feedback on the vindicators episode. It actually got cut down quite a bit from its original length. I hope they put the deleted scenes in or something when it goes to DVD. I think you guys would like it. Heres some stuff I did for that episode.

oh and these things, which i spent way to much time on because I still can't draw hands.

I like how you see the scrap cardboard and paint of the rainbow hands (I thought they were supposed to be wings) in the background of Rick's drunk rules explanation videos.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Typical posted:

Who worked on Rick's diarrhea in the briefing room?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize they were hands.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait, how did that ghost train guy die? If he was already half ghost shouldn't he have just turned into a regular ghost?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think its safe to say that if the blackest part of you dies, your soul probably goes with it.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
If there are deleted scenes I have a feeling I'll like this episode a lot more with them included. I think a lot of criticisms about it boil down to the fact that it really could have used more scenes to flesh out some of the characters.

I do also like that while Maximus is an rear end in a top hat, he's pretty on-the-money about Rick (both that he pretty much needs his sense of moral nihilism to even function and that his alcoholism is unbelievably hosed and destructive).

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Wait, how did that ghost train guy die? If he was already half ghost shouldn't he have just turned into a regular ghost?

He inhaled a million ants and he wasnt a ghost (as rick joked)but had the ability to summon a ghost train.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
how can there be a ghost train if trains aren't living creatures. something has to die for a ghost to be born MORTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004