Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

strategery posted:

Anyone got anything good from GOG's pinatas? Just makes me want Viva Pinata 1/2 on steam...

I got Sexy Brutale, Space Rangers HD, Metro Redux, Expeditions Viking and Homeworld Remastered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

VolticSurge posted:

I got Sexy Brutale, Space Rangers HD, Metro Redux, Expeditions Viking and Homeworld Remastered.

You were 5 for 5? :eek:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a reason the big Capcom sale shows Mega Man Legacy Collection on the banner but it not on sale?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

VolticSurge posted:

You jammy sod. I own Metro and Homeworld, but I'dve loved to get Brutale and Space Rangers. Ambivalent on Expeditions Viking since I hate their UI and tactical combat, even if the writing is pretty drat good.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jamfrost posted:

You were 5 for 5? :eek:

I got a few meh games too, like Skyshine's Bedlam, the Telltale GOT game and something called Pilot Brothers. Oh, and Pillars of Eternity. AKA the most meh game ever created.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 18, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Turd Herder posted:

Let me know how it goes. It looks interesting.

There's some definite polish issues, and the game is all but untranslated, but the concept behind the game seems really solid.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Are the GOG pinatas non-DRM copies?

Edit - sorry - what i meant is are the keys Steam keys? I assume not, but am curious.

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 18, 2017

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Does anything GOG sell have DRM?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

odiv posted:

Does anything GOG sell have DRM?

No, in fact that's the USP of GOG as a storefront.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I got Warhammer Man O'War Corsair. Is it any good?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I got Warhammer Man O'War Corsair. Is it any good?

Man O'War Corsair is not great. It may even be bad. However, it has a fuckload of charm and some great ideas, particularly with its quests. I had a great time with it, but if you can't deal with the jank (there's a lot of it) it's not the game for you.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Man O'War Corsair is not great. It may even be bad. However, it has a fuckload of charm and some great ideas, particularly with its quests. I had a great time with it, but if you can't deal with the jank (there's a lot of it) it's not the game for you.

It's a fun game to play while listening to a podcast in the background. Just don't play Chaos. Raiding towns is a slog.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

It's a fun game to play while listening to a podcast in the background. Just don't play Chaos. Raiding towns is a slog.

And it's a really fun game to sit back and stream. I ought to get back to that sometime, Captain Sharkhat (yes, I wore a shark's head as a hat) must purchase an Ork ship and make use of the Boarding Claw.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

And it's a really fun game to sit back and stream. I ought to get back to that sometime, Captain Sharkhat (yes, I wore a shark's head as a hat) must purchase an Ork ship and make use of the Boarding Claw.

You can purchase Ork ships? That must be a new thing.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

You can purchase Ork ships? That must be a new thing.

you have now just ruined my hopes and dreams, why on earth can't you make use of the boarding claw.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

vorebane posted:

This is true, I feared to put enough alien bits in my eye to shoot lightning, opting instead to be supernaturally good at improving weapons, and also mega jumps. I didn't even use combat focus, but when I do a typhon power run I think I gotta try it. And all this throwing things at monsters deal sounds very efficient.

Hurling refrigerators at your problems is cathartic, effective, and uses reusable ammo. :v:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

you have now just ruined my hopes and dreams, why on earth can't you make use of the boarding claw.

There is the skirmish mode. Which is the only way to gently caress around with the non-human factions.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 18, 2017

Finlands Sexiest
Feb 26, 2007
What is the best Dead Rising game less than 10€? I had fun with the first a decade ago and now there is like 7 of them

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
DR2 is good, and so is Off The Record (Which is DR2 but remixed and as Frank). DR3 was okay, not fantastic but it's more DR in a new setting. DR1 remains real good of course. Never played DR4 but it seems pretty eh.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Isn't DR4 the one where they removed the timer and finding survivors is RNG if they spawn or not?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Leal posted:

Isn't DR4 the one where they removed the timer and finding survivors is RNG if they spawn or not?

Yes.

Do not buy DR4. It is a cargo-cult version of what makes Dead Rising games good.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Yes.

Do not buy DR4. It is a cargo-cult version of what makes Dead Rising games good.

Did you get your controller's right stick working?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Sininu posted:

Did you get your controller's right stick working?

I did. I knew someone else had posted and gotten a solution to the same issue, I just wasn't gonna go back and find that post for myself. watch_dogs2 is quite enjoyable.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dunno if its been posted but

http://store.steampowered.com/app/638160/Moero_Chronicle/

Steam, officially bringing all the Japan only girl touching games on the Vita stateside.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Kragger99 posted:

Are the GOG pinatas non-DRM copies?

Edit - sorry - what i meant is are the keys Steam keys? I assume not, but am curious.
It's 100% GOG keys. No Steam.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Finlands Sexiest posted:

What is the best Dead Rising game less than 10€? I had fun with the first a decade ago and now there is like 7 of them

Dead Rising 2/DR2: Off the Record is pretty universally considered the best game in the series in that it added a lot of new mechanics and sanded over a lot of the rough edges from the first game without completely giving up everything that made the franchise interesting and memorable in the first place.

Off The Record technically has more content (there's an entirely new themepark area, two new bosses, and some new combo weapons) but it also adds some really lovely new mechanics like jumpscare zombies hidden in doorways that randomly grab you with a loud musical sting and I personally preferred Chuck as a protagonist with his dry sense of humor than Frank at the onset of his Johnny Gat disease so YMMV.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Dead Rising 2/DR2: Off the Record is pretty universally considered the best game in the series in that it added a lot of new mechanics and sanded over a lot of the rough edges from the first game without completely giving up everything that made the franchise interesting and memorable in the first place.

Off The Record technically has more content (there's an entirely new themepark area, two new bosses, and some new combo weapons) but it also adds some really lovely new mechanics like jumpscare zombies hidden in doorways that randomly grab you with a loud musical sting and I personally preferred Chuck as a protagonist with his dry sense of humor than Frank at the onset of his Johnny Gat disease so YMMV.
OTE does have a no time limit mode, if you just want to run around and kill zombies at your own pace.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dragon's Dogma, is this the dragon-titled game that has a ridiculous final boss battle?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

OTE does have a no time limit mode, if you just want to run around and kill zombies at your own pace.

It's also the source of one of the best jokes in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2izNbOpqF8

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BirdOfPlay posted:

Dragon's Dogma, is this the dragon-titled game that has a ridiculous final boss battle?

It's the game where Griffin McElory has his magnificent throwing boy.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

BirdOfPlay posted:

It is, yes, although the boss in question is actually fought like three-quarters of the way through the game, before anything resembling a final dungeon.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
It's a little buggy, but I liked The Pillars of the Earth, it's about a run down priory trying to rebuild their cathedral ,in 12th century England ,during a decades long civil war.

It's really brutal though, and the main antagonist is a super rapey sociopath. Like , they don't sugar coat it all.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Picayune posted:

It is, yes, although the boss in question is actually fought like three-quarters of the way through the game, before anything resembling a final dungeon.

Cool, I had put some Divinty game on my wishlist, because I was very, very confused and thought that was it. Glad to have gotten in straightened out. But now I have no clue what kinda game this is.

Cojawfee posted:

It's the game where Griffin McElory has his magnificent throwing boy.

*types in a few choice words into Google*

This game is more ridiculous than I thought.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Dragon's Dogma is ridiculous(ly good)

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Dragon's dogma is mediocre

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Guy Mann posted:

I was lucky to never hear this sting, but gently caress those zombies. Those hanging around the bathrooms that move at triple speed, so you have to roll around.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It turns out, Fallout 4 is a tale of one man/woman's journey to find all the glue in the wasteland.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoops, sorry.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Samuringa posted:

Thanks for linking this, I'll wait to see if Phantom Pain gets a flash deal.

Phantom Pain is up today.