Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I'm surprised you didn't do this with the Squelchers, all the benefits of your build but with more safety. And yes, tenta spam on splat zones/tower is hilarious.

e; I need to play a game with you and order that hat assuming its not a 1* upgraded. I'm having such terrible luck getting Special Charge onto a Tenacity item. Get in discord and join Turf & Chill later!

FYI the sub-slots don't carry over when you order an item, you only get the main ability. So you'll have to keep praying for the right roll anyway :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God gently caress, either these new clothes are bad or I'm rusty.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

FYI the sub-slots don't carry over when you order an item, you only get the main ability. So you'll have to keep praying for the right roll anyway :pray:

I've gotten clothes with sub-slots it's just that I only think you can get one of the same sub as the other person had or the chance to get the same subs is microscopic

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Yeah, you can get the exact item you ordered but it’s probably pretty rare. Murch has different dialogue depending on how close the item you get matches what your ordered.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I got a "connection unstable" then the rainmaker and all of the other players disappeared, but it still let me wander around shooting for a good two minutes.

I found the upside down place.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Am I the only one who record scratches along with Marina when she intros the stages?

Nope, when I'm paying attention at least.

Rexroom posted:

Nope, Octoboy refers to a French Youtuber. This is how fame in the 21st century works with kids.

who:confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Am I the only one who record scratches along with Marina when she intros the stages?

That's my fun little thing to do! GET YOUR OWN THING! :bahgawd:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
From what I heard, Murch also can't get all the slots if the person used Sea Snails to open them up, so beware of that.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Well, managed to grind out Salmon run to the 1200p mark today. Had way too many crew wipes in the first round. Eventually managed to claw my way back outta go-getter after a slew of horrible rounds late last night/early this morning. It's like people have no clue what to do during griller or glowfly rounds. Thankfully this time is over now, and soon a whole other round full of suffering and stupidity is right around the corner. I really hope the inkbrush never appears in it again though. Quite possibly the worst possible weapon for SR. It really only seems marginally useful for inking a quick line through the salmon ink. Unless I'm totally stupid (which is probable), it takes at least 2 hits to kill even a chum. If ya see anything beyond a single cohock(?) coming, might as well turn and run cuz you'll be outta ink in the time it takes to knock out, providing the laughably low damage doesn't get you swarmed in the first place.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Yeah, the brush is awful for Salmon Run. Funnily enough you’re pretty much relegated to boss duty because it’s so utterly useless against the trash mobs.

Worst run today was high-tide glowfish on round one. We wiped in about 5 seconds :smithicide:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Game updated y'all I'd stay away from ranked for a bit!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

OH! I did discover one thing about the brush that may absolve it of it's poo poo status. The hold down fire and run real fast thing works over the grates too. Makes grabbing poo poo from the distant bit of ground at high tide on the last map waaaaay faster.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Dr. Fetus posted:

i can't believe this stupid tenta spam build actually got me to S+. :laffo:

I'm really liking the Dualies. Those dodge rolls make those weapons for me. They've gotten me out of so many sticky situations. You can even use them to escape from people camping your super jump point if you're lucky enough.

You should try getting Respawn Punisher to go with it since you're out of harm half the time anyway.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I'm loving all the trans positivity posts in the plaza :3:

Sorry, breeders

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Reallycoolname posted:

You should try getting Respawn Punisher to go with it since you're out of harm half the time anyway.

As clowny and hilarious that build was, a few matches in S+ was enough to convince me to go with a different gear loadout. Even with Tenacity and only needing 132 points to fill up my special, I rarely had time to go spam my specials since there was always something else I had to be doing. S+ is just murder, and the skill jump from S to S+ is pretty huge.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I've learned how to use chargers well.

I'm sorry everyone.:kimchi:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Oneiros posted:

Yeah, the brush is awful for Salmon Run. Funnily enough you’re pretty much relegated to boss duty because it’s so utterly useless against the trash mobs.

Worst run today was high-tide glowfish on round one. We wiped in about 5 seconds :smithicide:

What? The inkbrush is one of the best Salmon run weapons. It lets you cover ground on the map insanely quickly so you can drop off tons of eggs. Its DPS is perfectly fine too unless you are completely incapable of button mashing at a moderate pace.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I've learned how to use chargers well.

I'm sorry everyone.:kimchi:

Never apologize for greatness

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Nope I do too

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dog nougat posted:

I really hope the inkbrush never appears in it again though. Quite possibly the worst possible weapon for SR. It really only seems marginally useful for inking a quick line through the salmon ink. Unless I'm totally stupid (which is probable), it takes at least 2 hits to kill even a chum. If ya see anything beyond a single cohock(?) coming, might as well turn and run cuz you'll be outta ink in the time it takes to knock out, providing the laughably low damage doesn't get you swarmed in the first place.

Here's the thing about the octobrush, it's possible to be too close to enemies to do any damage, because the splats when you swing it around don't come out of the brush, they just kinda appear a few feet out. So for maximum effectiveness, keep a little bit of distance between yourself and your target.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just has my personal best game ever . 2705p with the bonus

All due to other team stupidity. I had free range of their entire side of the map and inked it all up in the first half of the game, and then by the time they realized and started covering it all back up, I took over all the turf that they did the first time around. Minimal Splats/Kills, but it felt like an empty map with free range

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just played against a hacker duo in Ranked, they all had kanji names, and they were able to spam their specials over and over and over, they took the rainmaker to 5, then ran it back and spammed specials repeatedly at us so we couldn't leave spawn.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also scratch along with Marina. It's funny how quickly her arm comes up in between the two levels listed for each mode. Just keep it there you silly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

I also scratch along with Marina. It's funny how quickly her arm comes up in between the two levels listed for each mode. Just keep it there you silly

It's an animation thing. They need to reset the model to a neutral pose to keep it simple and flowing in-and-out of her reaction pose afterwards.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Turtlicious posted:

Just played against a hacker duo in Ranked, they all had kanji names, and they were able to spam their specials over and over and over, they took the rainmaker to 5, then ran it back and spammed specials repeatedly at us so we couldn't leave spawn.

You know, if this is just obvious hacking and not just jacked up ability usage, you can report them thru the SplatNet app.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Does anyone know what special up does for the baller or the ink storm?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rexroom posted:

You know, if this is just obvious hacking and not just jacked up ability usage, you can report them thru the SplatNet app.

I did not know that, thank you!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Zeruel posted:

Does anyone know what special up does for the baller or the ink storm?

Baller gets more HP. Ink Storm lasts longer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

Baller gets more HP. Ink Storm lasts longer.

I thought it made the Baller's blast radius larger?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turtlicious posted:

Could you get a screenshot of the match results from Splatnet? I’m curious about how many specials they were able to fire off and compare with the screenshot Dr. Fetus posted earlier in the thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Anyone got any basic tips for gear abilities? I know jack so I'm mostly just hoping for variety so I don't have to worry about diminishing returns. Though faster ink recharge/less primary ink consumption is always good for Turf War.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I thought it made the Baller's blast radius larger?

Nope, the only special that gets more blast radius from special up is slpashdown.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Anyone got any basic tips for gear abilities? I know jack so I'm mostly just hoping for variety so I don't have to worry about diminishing returns. Though faster ink recharge/less primary ink consumption is always good for Turf War.

Wear something fresh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

This build is so stupid.

The worst part is that it's actually working.

Isn't there a point of diminishing returns with the number of abilities you have? Would it increase your killin' potential if you had Special Power Up on one of those?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

raditts posted:

Isn't there a point of diminishing returns with the number of abilities you have? Would it increase your killin' potential if you had Special Power Up on one of those?

Special up power on tentas only increases the targeting reticle, making it easier to hit more people. In practice it doesn't make much of a difference because you're either getting it off fast in combat against 1-2 people for a quick reload/harass/to not lose points or going back to spawn and lining up an easy 4.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is the Aerospray good? I keep switching back to it because it's by far my best weapon for all modes, but especially turf war.
I started playing the other modes and now I understand why some of the weapons exist :v: some of these aren't so bad when you aren't trying to paint 100% of the map

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[quote="“THE AWESOME GHOST”" post="“475534004”"]
Is the Aerospray good? I keep switching back to it because it’s by far my best weapon for all modes, but especially turf war.
I started playing the other modes and now I understand why some of the weapons exist :v: some of these aren’t so bad when you aren’t trying to paint 100% of the map
[/quote]

It’s arguably the best weapon for Turf Wars, the paint output is insane and the Curling Launcher is fantastic for area control. In ranked you’re probably better off using a Tri-Slosher, N-Zap, or one of the Dualies.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I've been away for a week. How is the brella meta now that the hype died down a little?

I know it's really good for protecting your team mates when they jump in.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is anyone else having problems with communication errors?

I keep getting disconnected from matches, and I have a pretty good wireless connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Is anyone else having problems with communication errors?

I keep getting disconnected from matches, and I have a pretty good wireless connection.
New/Reboot router and/or ethernet adapater etc