Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Everyone stop yelling about kitchens and look at this goddamn link:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Somebody want a dental plate pink bathroom featuring a silly-putty mermaid with mournful tits? Look no further.
http://i.imgur.com/ucajrUq.jpg

It is so precious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-m.
Jul 2, 2007
Delurking to post this, as I thought some of you might appreciate this:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2215-River-Rd-Willoughby-Hills-OH-44094/2093153193_zpid/?fullpage=true

Since who wouldn't want their own Frank Lloyd Wright Home? You don't even have to live in Ohio - it's been a vacation rental. Even better, it comes with a ~bonus~ set of plans from Frank for a second house on the property.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

hosting this for everyone too lazy to follow links

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Tag urself I'm the belly-button-nipple

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I am pretty much done with buying furniture. I get to pick this up next weekend.

:swoon: I now have so much storage!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

-m. posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2215-River-Rd-Willoughby-Hills-OH-44094/2093153193_zpid/?fullpage=true

Since who wouldn't want their own Frank Lloyd Wright Home? You don't even have to live in Ohio - it's been a vacation rental. Even better, it comes with a ~bonus~ set of plans from Frank for a second house on the property.

If I were rich, I'd offer 2 mill and get some student of wright's (if he had one) to update the second set of plans to code and build that motherfucker where it was meant to be.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

cheese eats mouse posted:

I am pretty much done with buying furniture. I get to pick this up next weekend.

Does the creepy doll come with, or do you have to wait for a moonless night when the wind shakes the trees until branches groan with the voices of lost souls for it to appear before you?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

-m. posted:

Does it come with the groovy people sitting in the lounge?

Also, assuming it's in the right type of house, I unironically love the pink tile bathroom. The mermaid floor definitely has to go, though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The mermaid floor definitely has to go...

...to the foyer???

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

there wolf posted:

Does the creepy doll come with, or do you have to wait for a moonless night when the wind shakes the trees until branches groan with the voices of lost souls for it to appear before you?

The seller assured me there were at least two unsettled souls connected to this piece.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

hailthefish posted:

Tag urself I'm the belly-button-nipple

I'm the tit coming around from the lower back like a Doctor Octopus arm.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bad Munki posted:

...to the foyer???

You know it! I want it to be the first thing anyone sees when they walk through the door.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'm the naked toddler taking its first steps precariously close to the edge of a shelf and not quite sure how to get out of the situation.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

TTerrible posted:

I'm the tit coming around from the lower back like a Doctor Octopus arm.

She needs her tit arms since her actual arms appear to be on backwards and made of taffy.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

From the Terrible Real Estate Photos:

Also a surprising number of people seem to have a toilet in their kitchen?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

So that's what google deep dream is doing these days.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This guy probably took the dinette set down to his workshop to refinish it or something. Wait, but then why bring down the rug too?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Indolent Bastard posted:

I would be willing to bet a couple of shiny nickels that you were looking at a four poster or canopy bed and not a bunkbed. It's just lacking the draperies to help hold in the heat during those cold nights in Medeival Europe.

Nah that isn't the homeowner's furniture, it's all staged by the real estate company. They just did an extraordinarily lovely job of it, probably because none of those rooms make sense without whatever custom-made furniture they used to have in them.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

The idea of staging with temporary furniture is so alien to me.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's a man cave staged by Sandra who does not approve of such things, but if forced to will do it properly

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

"Oh, we're taking pictures for the realtor? No, I won't move the basket collection"

"Or the mug collection"

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The camouflage sink and toilet are impressive.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

These folks were totally stoned when they built this home

gently caress this photographer btw

BONUS roof deck-porch-garage of death

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

That roofdeckporch is terrifying.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gorgeous! How do the doors on the bottom work? It looks like there's only one handle right in the middle. Do they swing out?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

-m. posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/realestate/living-in-and-trying-to-sell-a-frank-lloyd-wright-house.html

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

hailthefish posted:

That roofdeckporch is terrifying.

There appears to be a spiral staircase under it with some kind of tree trunk(???) pillar support, but I can't tell if that is how you access it or just...there :psyduck:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Enfys posted:

There appears to be a spiral staircase under it with some kind of tree trunk(???) pillar support, but I can't tell if that is how you access it or just...there :psyduck:

Spiral staircase is indeed how you access it. There's a little opening there above it.

Which leads to this extremely safe situation right here

There's another fake tree in the master bedroom. I'm curious why it's the only room in the house with that weird tile ceiling...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The elusive bath-kitchen.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I assume by the thread's lack of response, it's perfectly normal to have a giant loving boulder in your house.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

TheDarkFlame posted:

I assume by the thread's lack of response, it's perfectly normal to have a giant loving boulder in your house.

It is a little erratic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is that a load bearing drainpipe on that deck there?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Enfys posted:

Lmao at putting space and money to wine storage without even putting a partition by the toilet

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's some sort of disturbance due to the eclipse or if I'm getting a migraine or what, but some of the pictures on this page are making me nauseated and I'm probably going to have nightmares about being killed in one of these houses tonight. That weird white house with the propane tank in the non-yard is the worst. :cry:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Ugly House Photos is another great blog for these

Aaaaand a throwback to the inspiration behind this thread

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What even is that over the bed in photo #2?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In context It's a sun bed put up by an idiot, but I actually think it's a UV/infrared medical device.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh, like a salamander. Got it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Facebook Aunt posted:

This guy probably took the dinette set down to his workshop to refinish it or something. Wait, but then why bring down the rug too?

That looks like prime Dungeons and Dragons playing space to me. Cast-off dinette set in unused basement space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Enfys posted:

Secure in its under-stair lair, the lurking terlet waits to claim another victim