Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I slept through the eclipse. But then I'm not in the direct path anyway, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was playing eternal ring and missed it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

I was playing eternal ring and missed it
that's probably a better choice

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I blinked when it was happening.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I work in an industrial park and there's all kinds of people outside in parking lots wearing welding masks like some kind of crappy post-apocalyptic movie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

that's probably a better choice

Ehh...it seems fine. Its like a game made up entirely of one of those dungeons from oblivion. I probably would have loved it in 2000 but there's better stuff to play for now. I like the music at least

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Saint Freak posted:

I work in an industrial park and there's all kinds of people outside in parking lots wearing welding masks like some kind of crappy post-apocalyptic movie.

I'm literally the guy on the pubg cover

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I stared at it for a bit. Sure I may go blind, but if I do I'll never have to see Trump's face again so I think I actually come out ahead.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought I read that most welding masks are actually not strong enough to protect you from starting directly at it. Unless you're at totality and then it doesn't matter.

My hypochondria is kicking in because I glanced sidelong near the sun for half a second and now I'm scrutinizing if my vision has changed at all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought I read that most welding masks are actually not strong enough to protect you from starting directly at it. Unless you're at totality and then it doesn't matter.

My hypochondria is kicking in because I glanced sidelong near the sun for half a second and now I'm scrutinizing if my vision has changed at all
You are already dead, sorry friend

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'll go out in the shop in a bit and see if they're all blind. Although the way they read drawings they might have been already.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Palpek posted:

Yeah, it's cool cause it stops the sun from shining on my monitor while I'm playing games.

Do as I do and play with a blanket covering you. Sure it gets sweaty, but you don't have to be reminded of what you look like every time the screen fades to black.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I saw the eclipse through thin cloud cover. Buncha people made viewing contraptions they didnt need.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

clouds are like an eclipse every day

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes, indeed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's entirely coincidental and pretty awesome that Earth has a moon just large and far away enough from the Sun that at the right viewing angle can jussssst cover the solar disc. Too small and it would never happen, too big and it would happen all the time making it boring + preventing the amazing image of a black hole against a bright chronosphere.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

vermin posted:

Do as I do and play with a blanket covering you. Sure it gets sweaty, but you don't have to be reminded of what you look like every time the screen fades to black.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Get in the game!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Man, VR used to suck

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I thought it had a little bong port but you'd very easily light the whole thing on fire

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Jay Rust posted:

Yes, indeed.

i already became a cursed undead during the super bloodmoon. now i've got two darksigns. what should i do?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't see the eclipse because I don't have glasses for it and also I know a guy who was like "These people with their glasses, I don't get it, they don't need special glasses to look at an eclipse. Just look up real quick and then look back down."

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't see the eclipse because I don't have glasses for it and also I know a guy who was like "These people with their glasses, I don't get it, they don't need special glasses to look at an eclipse. Just look up real quick and then look back down."
That's true

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

pin prick projectors work well. use a ballpoint pen to poke a little hole in some cardboard or card stock. (even paper will do in a pinch.) hold it up so the light shines on a smooth surface, be it a wall or another piece of printer paper. you can get a nice look at the partial eclipse this way.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

If President Trump doesn't need glasses then neither do I

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/899722586136879104

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is it gonna be a MOBA

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
oh poo poo it's by relic, loving awesome

Serf
May 5, 2011

This owns.

But it reminds me that we'll never get a sequel to Rise of Nations or Rise of Legends and that saddens me deeply.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pls don't post my SA posting gear

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Is it just me or is Charles Dance narrating the AOE4 trailer?

Samopsa posted:

SEGA's been open to having other publishers using their strategy developers and foot the bill.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

posting is haram

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

how did you find my autism armor

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Samopsa posted:

Haven't their last few games sucked?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
CoH2 + expansion was fine if a bit lacklustre compared to the first one, DoW2+expansions were good but very different compared to the first game, DoW3 got average to high reviews from critics and bad reviews from players (haven't played it myself).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

company of heroes was so good. sometimes i go back and just watch this dude explain how to play a specific wehrmacht strategy because i loved it so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpcWi9b18vY

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

In Training posted:

Ehh...it seems fine. Its like a game made up entirely of one of those dungeons from oblivion. I probably would have loved it in 2000 but there's better stuff to play for now. I like the music at least
Eternal Ring is probably my least favorite sorta/kinda fantasy action-RPG FromSoftware game. It's so drat empty! Has some cool spell effects and a couple hilariously :discourse: weapon/rings at the endgame but it really does feel like a tech demo for KF4 (which I think it was iirc, just rushed into a game).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UweI4Ra2QbM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lol i didn't even know We Happy Few had come out until i watched the new Jimquisition

• Locked thread