Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cyber Rick, complete with what looks like an artificial liver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

so did rick create the immortality field? and if so, did he do it to win a bet, or prove a point?

Seems like a solid way to prove that whole "no god, no afterlife" thing

how exactly does it accomplish that?

that kid killing their sibling was pretty hilarious though

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'd say my favorite side joke was the whole hoof collage thing

Just so incredibly weird and hosed up

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Hehe, making it out of tons of glue was a bit of a macabre touch, too

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

The Glumslinger posted:

I'd say my favorite side joke was the whole hoof collage thing

Just so incredibly weird and hosed up

Sooo... They just let you walk out of the veterinary hospital with a bunch of horse parts?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The hoof collage was the set up for "oooooKaaaaaaayzies".

This was a good episode.

LoL at anyone thinking this joke was transphobic, the joke has nothing to do with a diminished view of women and projecting that into this episode speaks volumes about your own views.

The time sequence was cool, but i was really hoping for Jerry to live through one of Rick's memories, like the one where Beth tells him she got pregnant, to really drive everything home. Either way the last thing I expected was a jerry episode where he develops and grows, this was great, S3 on course to be better than S2.

I am thrilled there wont be another interdimensional cable episode.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 22, 2017

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
When Jerry asserted that Rick brought him to the resort you can't die at because he's the most fragile being in the universe and Rick was like "I know you expect me to deny that, but I won't" was my hardest laugh of the episode

That and Rick's space kangaroo teabagging Jerry

Pls change title to "Rick and Jerry"

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Say Nothing posted:

Perfectly human set of nuts.

CaveGrinch posted:

I believe Roiland and Harmon have confirmed that while they did want to do one (and another Meeseeks episode) it didn't happen this time around

See, at Comic Con a few years ago they said basically the opposite of this RE: Meseeks - That they don't want Rick and Morty to be some ensemble cast show where a Meseeks comes through the door like Kramer every other episode and says LOOKIT MEEEE for a cheap laugh, because that *it's shtick*.

There *are* recurring characters. But recurring jokes, particularly ones that were originally well crafted and are now tied up and done (for all intents and purposes) being milked for future stuff isn't something they are clamouring for.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm super bummed about no Inter-dimensional cable episode. gently caress! Those are my favorite ones.

Typical, get Justin to record one while drunk. I'll animate it with action figures or something

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Say Nothing posted:

Liver should be lower tho?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

That isn't where the liver is.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Autism Sneaks posted:

Pls change title to "Rick and Jerry"

yes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Second watch: this episode is pretty much a master piece of writing and structure

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

withak posted:

It's not quite where anything is supposed to be. Combo liver/heart thing?

Edit: Maybe it's a still, so Rick can remain drunk 24/7.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
if you replace too much of rick with robot parts you end up with bender

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I like how they have to censor "*** dammit."
This stuff creeps me the gently caress out. At least with basic swears they're just words society stupidly associates with "dirty" things—censoring 'god', on the other hand, is interjecting some really hosed up fundamentalist religious hangups that only a minority of fringe religious folk give a poo poo about.

To clarify, in case people aren't in the know: certain fundamentalist sects find using the word "god" to be "taking the lord's name in vain" and do weird things to avoid it. "G*d" is a pretty prevalent example in written form.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 22, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

God Daaamn

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Rick's arm turns into a crazy gun thing and then a dart on a string shoots out. How are you guys not just repeating this over and over?!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

curiosity hosed me up posted:

Rick's arm turns into a crazy gun thing and then a dart on a string shoots out. How are you guys not just repeating this over and over?!

we really need a gif of the whole sequence

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

curiosity hosed me up posted:

because i have poo poo on my asssssssssss

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

how exactly does it accomplish that?

that kid killing their sibling was pretty hilarious though

people die and immediately come back to life without, apparently, anything to say about anything they might have experienced while dead

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know how they could, they and instantly come back to life. There's no time to see if there's an afterlife.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

NecroMonster posted:

people die and immediately come back to life without, apparently, anything to say about anything they might have experienced while dead

People have been resuscitated after being technically dead in the real world, this isn't that different.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

how do we know they were dead?

for that matter, what if they're not even technically alive, what if it's just obliterating them then reconstituting them from a record made microseconds before their death, star trek transporter style?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

MariusLecter posted:

Liver should be lower tho?

withak posted:

I got the impression that it's not really like an x-ray or anything super-accurate and to real-time scale. It's more like a block diagram or schematic, eschewing location, size, and shape accuracy in favor of emphasizing function.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Beth's hoof collage was bananas.

I liked the performance when Rick got shot with the dumbing down drugs.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That was a really good episode. I loved the apotheosis bit, animated shows experimenting with weird poo poo like that it always the best. Not a fan of the vagina joke, it was a tad misogynistic/transphobic and they apparently felt it was good enough to use twice, but everything else was good enough that it didn't especially drag things down for me.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Genocyber posted:

That was a really good episode. I loved the apotheosis bit, animated shows experimenting with weird poo poo like that it always the best. Not a fan of the vagina joke, it was a tad misogynistic/transphobic and they apparently felt it was good enough to use twice, but everything else was good enough that it didn't especially drag things down for me.

They have women writers now so criticizing the joke is pretty mansplainy :smug:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
SILLY FE-MALES LET ME EXPLAIN WHY THIS JOKE YOU WROTE IS VERY PROBLEMATIC

:goonsay:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

The time sequence was cool, but i was really hoping for Jerry to live through one of Rick's memories, like the one where Beth tells him she got pregnant, to really drive everything home. Either way the last thing I expected was a jerry episode where he develops and grows, this was great, S3 on course to be better than S2.

Wait, was Rick THERE when Beth got pregnant? I thought he abandoned her when she was a child.

I didn't think about it before, but that really makes Rick's treatment of Jerry even worse. The guy who abandoned Beth for most of her life (Rick) is accusing the guy who, for better or worse, was always there for her (Jerry) of not caring about her. I mean, where the gently caress does Rick get off accusing Jerry of "stealing his daughter" when he wasn't even around?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Shut up about the vagina thing, it's no different than wondering if you could suck your own dick. It's a dumb joke, stop reading into it.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

NecroMonster posted:

so did rick create the immortality field? and if so, did he do it to win a bet, or prove a point?

I get the impression it wasn't an invention he came up with.

And hey everyone, the child's death wasn't directly his fault! :woop:

And Tyler Too! posted:

it's no different than wondering if you could suck your own dick. It's a dumb joke, stop reading into it.

Guys! Stops dis conversations! You's treadsing downs the paths of ultimate disappointsment!

vermin fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 22, 2017

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

maskenfreiheit posted:

Women can be misogynistic and transphobic you know.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Shut up about the vagina thing, it's no different than wondering if you could suck your own dick. It's a dumb joke, stop reading into it.

Ah, the good ole "it's just a joke!" defense. Now I remember why I don't frequent this thread.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

This stuff creeps me the gently caress out. At least with basic swears they're just words society stupidly associates with "dirty" things—censoring 'god', on the other hand, is interjecting some really hosed up fundamentalist religious hangups that only a minority of fringe religious folk give a poo poo about.

To clarify, in case people aren't in the know: certain fundamentalist sects find using the word "god" to be "taking the lord's name in vain" and do weird things to avoid it. "G*d" is a pretty prevalent example in written form.

I thought it was because "drat" by itself wasn't necessarily a curse.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

And Tyler Too! posted:

wow get a load of the autofellatio guy

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Cugel the Clever posted:

Isn't the original definition, "Don't make promises with god you can't keep?" I heard that somewhere.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Half the human race has vaginas, only creepy weirdos think about auto fellatio. Maybe keep your perversions to yourself.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but cis-males complaining about women joking about vaginas is like white people complaining about the "n" word in rap music, like why do you care and what stake could you possibly have?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Arist posted:

wow get a load of the autofellatio guy

You will one day be able to fulfill your fantasies of putting a dick in your mouth that belongs to yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Hi, I'm a transgender woman. Cis women can be really lovely to trans women and, to a lesser extent, trans men. It's legitimate to be concerned about a joke that very closely borders the territory between edgy humor and deliberately offensive/insensitive merely to attack people. Personally, I thought it was a tad off color, but not directly transphobic. It might have been nice if it was mitigated somewhat, or had a second bit to move the joke away from "WEAK MAN WANT VAGINA," but I'm not going to get pissed when the bar is so painfully low in most media.

(Tumblr can go gently caress itself, it's 70% kids trying to one-up one another in a weird mix of oppression Olympics, finding minority status to alleviate white/cis/het guilt, and anime)