Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Bunnies or hot dogs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Moussaka is just Greek imam bayildi.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Moussaka is just Greek imam bayildi.

Yeah but no but I don't like either.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

atholbrose posted:

Goddammit, I guess I'm having conies for lunch.

Just remember,

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's not actually because Turks are Greeks

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

It's not actually because Turks are Greeks

Your mom is Greek in the bedroom

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

oh my gosh it looks like jizz errrrwhere

Here, have a butt pudding:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

oh my gosh it looks like jizz errrrwhere

Here, have a butt pudding:

Bet it tastes like rear end.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

LogicalFallacy posted:

This may be sandwich anarchy, but I would so hard, though I'd prefer it made with pecans over walnuts.

Welcome to my world

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sirbeefalot posted:

Just remember,

:lol: I guess our standards for Photoship Phriday were a lot lower than my rose tented glasses allow me to remember.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Grand Fromage posted:

Is there anything that can't be entombed in jello?
Fresh pineapple. It literally eats its way out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: I guess our standards for Photoship Phriday were a lot lower than my rose tented glasses allow me to remember.

It's beautiful. :colbert:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember laughing like an idiot at "The last march of the ents" on a picture of a log truck. Most likely from that same Phriday.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Hedenius posted:

I've never had either so I don't know about the taste but I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a legit brain problem to think these two dishes look alike.

It looks to be the same ingredients just arranged differently. Pasta, cheese, and a meat sauce?

Also I thought any food could be any other food as long as you wanted to call it that?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/Caloriefixes/status/895299742795681792

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bloom posted:

I remember laughing like an idiot at "The last march of the ents" on a picture of a log truck. Most likely from that same Phriday.

"I'm sorry I brought this upon you, my boy" and "PO-TA-TOES" always slay me just in memory

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Can I make a sandwich out of banana?

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Iron Crowned posted:

Can I make a sandwich out of banana?

Sure, just wrap your ingredients in the peels and eat it.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I made black dinner for the eclipse. It was pretty good. I thought the sauce would darken the asparagus more, but alas. I think it still counts as anti-food.

Gonna try to make a white dinner tomorrow for the sake of a balanced diet.

twoday has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Aug 21, 2017

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

"Canadian bacon" is a term used solely in the US to refer to mediocre ham discs, as far as I can tell, so...yeah, they seem to be right about that.

Peameal back bacon is loving delicious, though.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

twoday posted:

I made black dinner for the eclipse. It was pretty good. I thought the sauce would darken the asparagus more, but alas. I think it still counts as anti-food.

Wrong thread, I would eat this every day.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

twoday posted:

So tater tot hotdish?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Iron Crowned posted:

That particular one was deliberately lovely and low effort

And also one of the funniest

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Your mom is Greek in the bedroom

I keep driving past a restaurant named "Greek in the Streets" and thinking it's half of some sort of freak in the sheets joke.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yo be fair that sandwich looks like it was going to be pretty lovely even if it was as advertised

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

rodbeard posted:

I keep driving past a restaurant named "Greek in the Streets" and thinking it's half of some sort of freak in the sheets joke.

trojan in the sheets? :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/899691116416700416

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Beef drink is good though? You can make it without bovril just crumble half an oxo cube into a cup and put hot water in it?

I wouldn't drink it cold but it's good? Tastes like beef, oddly enough!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

If I ever became a stupidly rich gently caress one of my projects would be to have a hot pho broth tap installed in my kitchen so I could drink it by the cup all day.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Having made similar things, I can confirm that this is as awful as it looks on so many levels but is actually really tasty

Missing Name has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Aug 22, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Casseroles are great and I'll never understand criticism of them. I mean yeah if it's in the midwest at a church whatever it's gonna be bland as hell but especially if you're feeling lazy and have a bunch of leftover chicken or veggies or whatever it's a good way to feed a bunch of people depending on your household size. Mix it up with some sriracha and coat with some panko and a chicken and noodle casserole with veggies and cheese is good to go

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

put a pie on your burger

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Honestly France adds a shitload of cream and/or butter to everything so I don't get why they act like they're above it all.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Aesop Poprock posted:

Casseroles are great and I'll never understand criticism of them. I mean yeah if it's in the midwest at a church whatever it's gonna be bland as hell but especially if you're feeling lazy and have a bunch of leftover chicken or veggies or whatever it's a good way to feed a bunch of people depending on your household size. Mix it up with some sriracha and coat with some panko and a chicken and noodle casserole with veggies and cheese is good to go
I think it's one of those things where most people have only ever had bad/bland ones, so they assume it's always going to be bad.

Like how turkey can theoretically be tasty, but in practice most people have dry, flavorless turkey.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

rodbeard posted:

Honestly France adds a shitload of cream and/or butter to everything so I don't get why they act like they're above it all.

Because the one thing about flaky bread food was that it was flaky bread food not slop mop for gravy.

It is like making new York pizza good. It goes against the alleged key benefit of being trash.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Instead of eating one thing, eat a completely different thing? I can't even tell if this is supposed to be a joke or an earnest (and incredibly dumb) suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only one that doesn't make sense as a (poor) substitute is the bananas. Like the other ones can still accomplish the same function as the "bad" ones but what can bananas do that bread can?