Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
new DBFZ trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jonh8aIYvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my boy Klilyn

16 definitely has the grapple man moves so that's neat, and 17/18's team moves are sick. sorta underwhelmed by what I've seen of piccolo so far but mostly just because they were more interested in showing his energy moves than his stretchy buttons

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
KLILYN

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

night of the living gokus

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Blue Goku and Vegeta are pre-order bonuses, called it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
two things I noticed from the trailer

1. From the story mode bits Bulma and 18 are wearing outfits from Super so hopefully that will put to rest if this game can use stuff from there

2. Krillin can do Accel Dance with 18 instead of 17? I wonder if its random which you get

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's probably 'if krillin is on your team and alive'

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Blue Goku and Vegeta are pre-order bonuses, called it.

specifically they're "early unlocks" which makes me wonder if that just means they're going to be either DLC down the line for everyone else or something you can get in the game already (like for beating story mode or something)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQuUVooCvKk&feature=youtu.be

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the new ARMS character, Lola Pop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI

They're doing another "testpunch" free weekend this week, 8 a.m. PT Friday, August 25th – 1 p.m. PT Sunday, August 27th.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DBZ beta signups are live: https://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/en-gb/dbfz

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

At one point in the trailer you see Piccolo doing Hellzone Grenade (which I assume is super that cost meter) but he's targeting 17 instead who has his energy field up while 18 does a generic "teleport out of there" animation.

Wonder if that means 17 and 18 can be swapped on who your controlling or if there's some kind of defense players can use with the two to negate beam supers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

At one point in the trailer you see Piccolo doing Hellzone Grenade (which I assume is super that cost meter) but he's targeting 17 instead who has his energy field up while 18 does a generic "teleport out of there" animation.

Wonder if that means 17 and 18 can be swapped on who your controlling or if there's some kind of defense players can use with the two to negate beam supers.

My guess is Energy Field is just a Super where 17 comes in and puts up a barrier and that was just a freeze frame of Hellzone happening during that to reference the Piccolo/17 fight

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

My guess is Energy Field is just a Super where 17 comes in and puts up a barrier and that was just a freeze frame of Hellzone happening during that to reference the Piccolo/17 fight

Or that :v:

Ah well, still a neat trailer. I'm not super into fighting games as whenever I try them I get all ham handed and forget my combos but I'm still kinda interesting in this game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This guy's tweeting hands-on stuff from Gamescom, including video: https://twitter.com/ATG213

Endorph posted:

it's probably 'if krillin is on your team and alive'

That's exactly it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

16 my man

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Put in Ginyu with Body Change let's get this going real crazy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This game was 20 % done in July and now it's releasing "Early 2018"?

That doesn't raise any alarm bells?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean if they started in June that would mean in Early 2018 it will be like 160% done.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Wasn't it always Q1 2018 or am I making that up?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Arcsys isnt Capcom.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I mean if they started in June that would mean in Early 2018 it will be like 160% done.

they definitely didn't just start in June

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/d..._source=twitter

There's a 140 dollar collecter's edition. and SSB Goku and Vegeta are preorder bonuses.

Iiiiii dunno, this has me a bit worried.

Crackbone posted:

Arcsys isnt Capcom.

This has nothing to do with Capcom. Going from a game that's 20 percent complete to fully featured in eight to nine months is pretty farfectched.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
caved and bought sf5 during that capcom sale over the weekend on steam and was kind of bummed to only have access to maybe 2/3 of the roster by default. i forgot games are like this now.

edit: i mean i understand having to play through story modes and poo poo to unlock things, but this game straight-up just revolves around competitive play. i was happy dhalsim was available by default, but when i went to purchase his costume using the in-game money it directed me to a steam transaction window for $3. weak!

Parachute fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 22, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The pre-order just unlocks SSB Goku and Vegeta early, you can unlock them by playing through the base game regularly.

I know you're desperate to find reasons not to like this game, but it'll be fine

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TFRazorsaw posted:

This has nothing to do with Capcom. Going from a game that's 20 percent complete to fully featured in eight to nine months is pretty farfectched.

They said the same stuff about Xrd's development, it's just a completely meaningless number they throw out there.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's a 140 dollar collecter's edition. and SSB Goku and Vegeta are preorder bonuses.

Transformers fuckin suck

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

actually it has everything to do with capcom because they cannot put out a complete loving game. ArcSys has an almost pristine record when it comes to fully featured excursions and actually knowing how to make a fighting game in 2017.

idk why a massive special edition is something to worry about. This is DBZ, why wouldn't they take advantage of the fact that this will be their most popular release ever?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

I know you're desperate to find reasons not to like this game, but it'll be fine

Don't put words in my mouth.

I love Dragon Ball. Why the hell would I want this to be bad? Just because I'm critical of character choices doesn't mean I'm trying to hate it.

The early unlock thing is good though and it puts that concern to rest, though. You could have just said THAT instead of making this about something it isn't.

DLC Inc posted:

actually it has everything to do with capcom because they cannot put out a complete loving game. ArcSys has an almost pristine record when it comes to fully featured excursions and actually knowing how to make a fighting game in 2017.

idk why a massive special edition is something to worry about. This is DBZ, why wouldn't they take advantage of the fact that this will be their most popular release ever?

Expensive collectors editions and pre-order bullshit have dragged many a game down before, and combined with my worries about the release date they set off a bunch of warning bells in my head.

I don't dislike ArcSys. But Capcom isn't the first group of people to rush a game out for development. ArcSys may have a "spotless record", but they're working on a license with a larger publisher who can be very hit or miss in this regard. I'm not worried about ArcSys, I'm worried about Bamco.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 22, 2017

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TFRazorsaw posted:

This is standard Bamco poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parachute posted:

caved and bought sf5 during that capcom sale over the weekend on steam and was kind of bummed to only have access to maybe 2/3 of the roster by default. i forgot games are like this now.

edit: i mean i understand having to play through story modes and poo poo to unlock things, but this game straight-up just revolves around competitive play. i was happy dhalsim was available by default, but when i went to purchase his costume using the in-game money it directed me to a steam transaction window for $3. weak!

games aren't like that now, Capcom games are because theyre assholes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Early unlocks are just an Arcsys thing, all it does is force you to play story mode to "buy" the characters. Special editions are whatever too, it's just something for mega-fans/people with more disposable income than me to dump money on so they can have their statues/artbooks.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Where's the beta signup!!!!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you're in EU there's a beta signup but the NA one is later on today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hace posted:

Where's the beta signup!!!!

Europe only right now.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Oh sweet, thanks!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A worryingly rushed development cycle of Dragon Ball FighterZ. Perhaps they should delay the game by a year and spend the time monologuing and charging up instead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

A worryingly rushed development cycle of Dragon Ball FighterZ. Perhaps they should delay the game by a year and spend the time monologuing and charging up instead.

I hope there are bonus stages where you have to learn to drive a car as piccolo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

TFRazorsaw posted:

Don't put words in my mouth.

I love Dragon Ball. Why the hell would I want this to be bad? Just because I'm critical of character choices doesn't mean I'm trying to hate it.

literally every post you've made in this thread has been bellyaching about FighterZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
please delay the game! everything seems too good to be true!