Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

Can someone please make a Zelda Defence Squad gangtag?

Oh right, I have Photoshop (and also learned how to spell "defense"):

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
0/10 no Tingle

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Us proud card-carrying members of the Zelda Defense Squad only defend BotW. :colbert:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How the gently caress is it not the ZDF?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ZDF is owned by German PBS, I checked

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Tingle and assign it to me please mods, I will defend the green hero Zelda to the death

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wanna get that Hori arcade stick for Pokken, all NeoGeo games, and the Namco Mueseum

What other consoles do you own? The brooks arcade stick converter for wiiu costs 30 bucks and works great on switch so you dont have to spend 150 on a stick for just your switch

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dizz posted:

0/10 no Tingle

tap my mountain posted:

How the gently caress is it not the ZDF?

Tatsuta Age posted:

Tingle and assign it to me please mods, I will defend the green hero Zelda to the death

Your feedback has been noted.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

lelandjs posted:

Thank you

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

only three people get the tag and call it the Zelda Tri Force

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

More like the Zelda Cry Force :smuggo:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

I prefer Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is so good because it's different. They tried some new things and those things were good. The time deal was actually interesting. The only problem I have with it is the somewhat obscure nature of the sidequests because of that.

MM is my favorite LoZ and it's not even close. I also like TP a lot more than most, despite the boring wolf parts and overall length.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

has any other game since done what Majora's Mask did? I feel like it was a unique gimmick back then and I can't remember offhand if anyone else tried it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lelandjs posted:

ZDF! ZDF! ZDF!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

The great thing about MM was that the entire game revolved around the world ending in three days and how people reacted to it. Most worried, some didn't even know, but it also had a story that revolved around death, friendship, fear, and how bleak and depressing things can look.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dizz posted:

The great thing about MM was that the entire game revolved around the world ending in three days and how people reacted to it. Most worried, some didn't even know, but it also had a story that revolved around death, friendship, fear, and how bleak and depressing things can look.

Playing the 3DS remake as an adult really had me appreciate that aspect. It handles all that incredibly well without going all grimdark.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dizz posted:

it probably has the best story of any Zelda game to date. hell it probably has one of the best Nintendo-created narratives of anything they've done since

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I wish Nintendo would do more direct sequels of their main titles using the same engine and assets as the previous game and using the time and money saved to do more with it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Imagined posted:

I wish Nintendo would do more direct sequels of their main titles using the same engine and assets as the previous game and using the time and money saved to do more with it.

They did this with Mario Galaxy 2 and Splatoon 2 right? I haven't played Splatoon but Galaxy 2 loving rocked.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Imagined posted:

That's supposedly what they're doing with the next Zelda title. A new game built off the base of BotW's engine.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Takoluka posted:

ZDF! ZDF! ZDF!

Please stop calling upon the Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't believe it's already been long enough for people to lie and say BOTW sucks.

When in actuality it's the best Zelda game and possibly best game of a positively stacked 2017.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Little Mac posted:

I can't believe it's already been long enough for people to lie and say BOTW sucks.

When in actuality it's the best Zelda game and possibly best game of a positively stacked 2017.

You act like you've never read these boards before

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

That's supposedly what they're doing with the next Zelda title. A new game built off the base of BotW's engine.

I hope they space it out and it's the one after the next Zelda game. I want an HD top-down perspective Zelda game.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

I hope they space it out and it's the one after the next Zelda game. I want an HD top-down perspective Zelda game.

Oh man... Something new built using the Link Between Worlds engine would be a fantastic palette-cleanser before jumping back into an open world situation.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Not that I don't like top down Zeldas, but making one with HD graphics seems like a waste of effort when it could just be a 3DS game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The best game of the year is whatever comes out December 31.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GamerNeJp/status/899827386203504640

Paypal coming to eShop

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

lelandjs posted:

So grabbing this whenever I find a new avatar.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regardless of my feelings on Zelda, I'm glad that people are having fun and rolling with it :)

PayPal would be perfect for the Switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BOTW is really neat but in a very specific way. Austin Walker loved it but said he was surprised at the universal praise because it seems like a game a lot of people would bounce off of and I agree.

Many people seem to have missed that they're supposed to be free and do the stuff they want to do before finishing the game (including avoiding entire swathes of the map if they don't feel like exploring). That lesson really only landed with the Koroks because there's such an absurd number that you immediately realize "okay I'm definitely not supposed to find them all or even care."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Little Mac posted:

The truth came out by mid march.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

The truth came out by mid march.

The truth was perfect for the Switch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Okay so new question, which retailer do you guys use to order games and how soon can I expect the game to be delivered to me when it comes out (looking preordering Mario Rabbids)? Is Amazon the best choice?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

also not directly switch related but omfg i cannot wait for this

thank you nintendo au/nz

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Macaluso posted:

Okay so new question, which retailer do you guys use to order games and how soon can I expect the game to be delivered to me when it comes out

1.) Nintendo Switch eShop
2.) Day of release

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mister Facetious posted:

1.) Nintendo Switch eShop
2.) Day of release

I suppose I should clarify that I want the physical version

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Macaluso posted:

Okay so new question, which retailer do you guys use to order games and how soon can I expect the game to be delivered to me when it comes out (looking preordering Mario Rabbids)? Is Amazon the best choice?

I use Best Buy because of Gamers Club Unlocked -- 20% off all new games, regardless of release date (AFAIK Amazon's Prime discount only applies to games less than 2 weeks old or something like that.) I almost always opt for in-store pickup when I preorder, and games have always been available on release day. For the few collector's editions they've not offered in-store pickup on, those have shown up on release day.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I suppose I should clarify that I want the physical version

If you're an Amazon Prime member it will deliver on release date and you'll only have to pay $48.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

enojy posted:

(AFAIK Amazon's Prime discount only applies to games less than 2 weeks old or something like that.)

It's not even that anymore, they recently made it so that it only applies to preorders.

Also the last 6 or 7 things I got from Amazon were shipped late even with Prime and smashed all to hell, which is probably why those will continue to be the last 6 or 7 things I ordered from Amazon.

If all you care about is games a GCU subscription is $30 for two years as opposed to a hundred a year for prime (so that they can still not do 2 day shipping and bust up your poo poo).

• Locked thread