Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Drake in your ALL slot will net you tonnes of FP from people farming Doors, so there's that.
What kind of player picks their support from the ALL slot for farming an all-caster stage? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Yes, but consider:

Farming Hearts is all but impossible inside this event as well.
The drop rates in this game seem so bad that for all intents and purposes that statement can just about apply to anything you want to farm. In the end it makes far more sense to bank on guaranteed drops and event shop buys.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Endorph posted:

even in jp fgo f/sn cu is probably in the top 5 lancers in the game. dude's just crazy good

New addition swimsuit Lancer Raikou is also up there and she's a 4*

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

NRVNQSR posted:

What kind of player picks their support from the ALL slot for farming an all-caster stage? :psyduck:

Because your dedicated Rider slot should be taken by Uncle Man Diaz.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

I know MonsieurChoc whaled for Drake a bit but she looks like another AOE NP 5* which is hard to get excited about. Cool design though.
Drake is the exception to the aoe vs single argument because she was released during the process of Quick system revamp, and ended up broken with np charge rate, amazing stargen, and hit hard as hell. When her skill are maxed, she can almost guarantee to fire two to three np in the usual battle.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Because your dedicated Rider slot should be taken by Uncle Man Diaz.
Ozymandias? Isn't he another 5*? Seems like a bad idea to assume/bank on getting two specific 5*'s.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Again, drake np charge rate is so amazing, her crit AQQ = High speed incantation

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Please tell me Kintoki is actually good too. I wanted him to be my fp bait.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Kintoki is really good too.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I've saved all of my free quartz so far and I'm chasing Drake with it, god bless. :pirate:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Tired Moritz posted:

He carries me through the whole game. Can spam np becuase he is the only berserker that have 50% np charge. He hit harder than herk, he hit so hard his single target np extra chain can kill THREE enemy.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Pureauthor posted:

Yes, but consider:

Amen. I think I've gotten one extra drop above the first-time reward.

Also: Screw Thiers. Its just a tiresome grind with no additional benefit, and the drop rate is way too low to feel good doing it. At least here I would get enough dangos towards an extra card or a spare piece.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Rider Kintoki, who is a freebie from a later event, is one of the best servants in the game too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

taser rates posted:

Rider Kintoki, who is a freebie from a later event, is one of the best servants in the game too.

ROCK AND ROLL!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sorry but Nobunaga has taken over Kintoki as the new master of ROCK AND ROLL.

He can still be the best at GOLDEN though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The dev loves rider kinoki so much, they demand him to be OP and he is free. :D

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tarezax posted:

New addition swimsuit Lancer Raikou is also up there and she's a 4*

i said top 5 not the best

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
drat it! All I need to max out Kojirou is some infinity gears but I just can't get them! Isthere gonna be an update that allows for easy farming of them in the near future? Those 2 gears are the only thing stopping me from dumping all my grails into him.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Gear, yes. London.

Heart, no. Not Until post end game.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nyeehg posted:

drat it! All I need to max out Kojirou is some infinity gears but I just can't get them! Isthere gonna be an update that allows for easy farming of them in the near future? Those 2 gears are the only thing stopping me from dumping all my grails into him.

The next opportunity to get them should be the GUDAGUDA event shop, which will have 20. We don't know when that will be, though; it could be any time between tomorrow and November.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
So unlimited dango works ends tonight and we have maintenance. I guess I'll just spend my ap trying to get hearts since there probably won't be an event. Also gently caress hearts. I got one heart and like 3 caster gems after the weekly master missions ended. Rng not good to me this time. Onward to the next event

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pureauthor posted:

Yes, but consider:

Er, yes, they are totally rare here. I definitely haven't gotten 4 of them so far.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My demon gold chest breakdown for the 30AP has been 2/3/2 in terms of hearts/caster gems/gold xp. Those XP cards have really stung.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That demon was quite heartless to me. :smith:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

lol if you try and grind for mats and not just accept them as they come

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Look at all these people that actually got hearts from the 30 AP instead of a stream of Caster gems.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Decided to roll one last time on the Orion rate up and got Jeanne instead which I'm extremely OK with. Finally got Gandr instead of an 8th Projection and got to NP5 Medea too.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Sophism posted:

Look at all these people that actually got hearts from the 30 AP instead of a stream of Caster gems exp cards.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did just a couple of tries at 30 AP and decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Might regret it later, but oh well. Stuck mostly with the 10 AP and 20 AP to farm (in theory at least) teeth and lanterns respectively, which are more of an immediate need for me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It figures that literally the last thing I could get during the event before I ran out of AP for the day is another Moonlight Fest drop.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
:toot: got a heart on my last 30ap for the event. Still have to suffer the Friday daily to get the last reverse dragon scale to ascend Gil :gonk:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I guess I could do more grinding on the 30 AP mission, but I have ten hearts with no one using them right now, and I bought out the store except for the last two CEs. I'm done here. Time to spend my time on some daily quests to spend my AP before maintenance in 42 minutes.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

BlazeEmblem posted:

Er, yes, they are totally rare here. I definitely haven't gotten 4 of them so far.

Woah poo poo that's a huge sample size you've got there. I guess everyone must be running 20 AP by accident .

Nate RFB posted:

It figures that literally the last thing I could get during the event before I ran out of AP for the day is another Moonlight Fest drop.

Haha same here :)

No fun ascension drops but at least managed to get all the fous/monuments/xp cards.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 24, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Goodbye Dango, and good riddance.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Vengarr posted:

Goodbye Dango, and good riddance.

Time for the dango song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6YfDGDOc4

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I didn't get a single CE drop, or a single Heart drop. But at least I'm not this person:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6voiip/fluff_na_salt_in_its_purest_form/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sophism posted:

I didn't get a single CE drop, or a single Heart drop. But at least I'm not this person:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6voiip/fluff_na_salt_in_its_purest_form/

Oh man that hurts to look at.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Sophism posted:

Oh god, i know it's dickish to laugh at this, but I can't stop.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So the usefulness of having a NP being Quick-based or Buster-based seems pretty obvious, but what exactly is the upside for having an Arts-based NP? Outside of maybe sticking it at the front of a line to give an Arts-effect to the rest of your teammates' cards, or pulling off an Arts-Arts-Arts combo, or maybe if you have an Arts-boosting CE or skill to increase damage, it would seem to be a detrimental status to have for your NP.