Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
he's not one of The Good Ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

thinking about a funny thing you could have said in the moment is one of the more pathetic means of coping with being owned

Yeah, well the jerk store called and they're all out of you!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 13 days!)

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yeah, well the jerk store called and they're all out of you!

ahahahahahahahaha :qq:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
guiiys

guys i got it

guys

"the salt-left"

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Heed ye well the lesson of Bernard Sanders, who taunted wall street and is now doomed to wander the senate halls until a Clinton ascends to the presidency.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Remember when Hillary Clinton refused to shake Trump's hand at the debate after Pussygate and a night later was gladhanding him at some media event thing?

Whadda warrior.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Office Pig posted:

I don't understand what this is supposed to say or mean

Both are trash op

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I wonder what would happen if someone sent him a picture of shirtless eleven year old that was flashing. Would he have a memory problem of it not happening?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Nah still bad, he says 'your' society.

Someone who read a history book knows no history is innocent.

Sum1 hasn't read the hotep history book

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

I wonder what would happen if someone sent him a picture of shirtless eleven year old that was flashing. Would he have a memory problem of it not happening?

this is kurts wife. hes on the floor with a massive boner. calling the police.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Bernie -> Trump voter just reinforces the economic desperation of many and it makes me sad as gently caress.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand alPaul posted:

The Bernie -> Trump voter just reinforces the economic desperation of many and it makes me sad as gently caress.

Only undying loyalty to the Democrats and a coding bootcamp will save them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Remember when Hillary Clinton refused to shake Trump's hand at the debate after Pussygate and a night later was gladhanding him at some media event thing?

Whadda warrior.

the republicans and democrats are the fox and sheepdog from looney toons that are pals off the clock

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 13 days!)

Shear Modulus posted:

the republicans and democrats are the fox and sheepdog from looney toons that are pals off the clock

I'm surprised I haven't seen this take more often.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

comedyblissoption posted:

have you ever heard of the concept that politicians lie to get votes

as i recall, that was dude's reason for saying it was okay that the hillary for victory fund didn't actually help downticket races even though that was the stated purpose

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as i recall, that was dude's reason for saying it was okay that the hillary for victory fund didn't actually help downticket races even though that was the stated purpose

i think his logic was a little more complex. it was okay because the people who were donating didn't ever believe that the money was going downballot so the lie was harmless. i really like this argument because it accepts that the voters who might have voted for clinton because of the "she will raise money for downballot races" argument were lied to, but implies that they're okay to lie to because they're not donors

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Well it was the major donors who maxed out anyway.
No normal person maxes out donating to a presidential candidate unless they're rich and can be swindled, or a fool caught in some sort of ancient fantasy cult like one about pantsuits and thus it was an action unneeding of remorse. They either knew better or were gonna throw the money away anyway!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Only undying loyalty to the Democrats and a coding bootcamp will save them

This reminds me of something I heard on the radio today. I was listening to Marketplace on the way home, and they were interviewing the dude who wrote that "World War Z" book. Holy crap, that guy is loving insufferable. I had trouble dealing with the desire to punch that guy based off of that short interview alone. Among the terrible things he said/did (the bolded one is the worst and the one that basically cemented my belief that this guy is a shithead):

- Mentioned how "fear" is a big theme in his books, because his parents are very well acquainted with the subject of fear (in case you're not aware, he is the son of Mel Brooks and actress Anne Bancroft)
- Said how he's good at thinking outside the box because he has dyslexia and wasn't able to do rote memorization and standardized tests like all the other kids in school
- Said how the 2016 election was between "people who are afraid of change and want to return to the past, and people who are willing to learn new skills and adapt to changes" (hearing stuff like this from people who were born rich is infuriating)
- Mentioned how he works at a military-related think tank (what the gently caress, lol) and talked about how companies like Monsanto being owned by other countries is a potential security risk; this is what lead to his "I can think of stuff like this because I'm so good at thinking outside the box due to my dyslexia" stuff

Just in general the guy came off as the absolute worst sort of person. Like everything negative that could possibly be identified with well-off liberals.

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 08:28 on Aug 24, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Obama also said a lot of things but never did anything to actually help the lower classes. Only a brain broken true believer would ever think that hillary was truly going to raise taxes on the rich and help the lower classes with that money :shrug:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Hillary wasn't trustworthy.

remember this?

quote:

*Hillary Clinton: “I'm Kind Of Far Removed” From The Struggles Of The
Middle Class “"

and this?

quote:

*Clinton: “But If Everybody's Watching, You Know, All Of The Back Room
Discussions And The Deals, You Know, Then People Get A Little Nervous, To
Say The Least. So, You Need Both A Public And A Private Position.”

and this?

quote:

*Clinton Said That The Blame Placed On The United States Banking System For
The Crisis “Could Have Been Avoided In Terms Of Both Misunderstanding And
Really Politicizing What Happened.”*

Like I said, just not a trustworthy person :jerry:

It doesn't matter what she "technically" said or put on her campaign website, because everyone knows everything she says has to have a giant asterisk next to it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
That really isn't* true, Scent man.

*except for all known cases

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
why did she have to open her face again?!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm sorry for this post, i just had a thought and it just felt so suck zone i feel like i needed to post it here.

if there are large chunks of unfuckable gynophibcs in our society, as we all know there are, that means there are a big bunch of voters without exposure to any women at all except their mother. shocking, i know.

maybe that’s an argument for mandatory gender studies (feminism) [IDPOL!!] (academic elitism) in all public schools. does that sound like an electoral winner to you? what about just a good idea generally? thanks for reading

ps: (not saying this is the only or best solution to this problem, obviously :))

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't think taking a gender studies class would help incels much. Mandatory baths would probably work better.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Darkman Fanpage posted:

he's not one of The Good Ones.

How many Dem consultants do you think are currently working on ways to harness alt-right antiSemitism against Sanders?

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Public bathhouses.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

How many Dem consultants do you think are currently working on ways to harness alt-right antiSemitism against Sanders?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrIkYF8HRQ

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

that sounds like it could actually have an effective outcome so therefore none

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

This reminds me of something I heard on the radio today. I was listening to Marketplace on the way home, and they were interviewing the dude who wrote that "World War Z" book. Holy crap, that guy is loving insufferable. I had trouble dealing with the desire to punch that guy based off of that short interview alone. Among the terrible things he said/did (the bolded one is the worst and the one that basically cemented my belief that this guy is a shithead):

- Mentioned how "fear" is a big theme in his books, because his parents are very well acquainted with the subject of fear (in case you're not aware, he is the son of Mel Brooks and actress Anne Bancroft)
- Said how he's good at thinking outside the box because he has dyslexia and wasn't able to do rote memorization and standardized tests like all the other kids in school
- Said how the 2016 election was between "people who are afraid of change and want to return to the past, and people who are willing to learn new skills and adapt to changes" (hearing stuff like this from people who were born rich is infuriating)
- Mentioned how he works at a military-related think tank (what the gently caress, lol) and talked about how companies like Monsanto being owned by other countries is a potential security risk; this is what lead to his "I can think of stuff like this because I'm so good at thinking outside the box due to my dyslexia" stuff

Just in general the guy came off as the absolute worst sort of person. Like everything negative that could possibly be identified with well-off liberals.

Sounds like a rich trust fund kid issue and nepotism :shrug:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

quote:

how companies like Monsanto being owned by other countries is a potential security risk

This was a national news topic in 2006, so it doesn't seem like something that takes an "outside the box thinker" to figure out

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/900471408916135936
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/900698554267836416

:cripes:

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
cuban/zuck or zuck/cuban.

the choices for 2020 are gonna be :yooge:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That guy looks like a Chinese knockoff of Sylvester Stallone

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
lol at posters just now realizing that we're doomed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mark ZuCuban!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

lol at posters just now realizing that we're doomed.

:bernin:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
finally, tackling the big issues

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just when people thought nobody could be worse than Trump, Cuban comes to the rescue.

I wonder if Thiel and Musk will run as Dems or GOP, and if it will be possible to take out all these creeps with a single bomb at some conference, which would be a terrible tragedy that should be avoided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has anyone considered that maybe government cant do things right and we should run the country like a business??? just throwing out ideas here

• Locked thread