Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sometimes I read d&d. I know, a disdainful admission here in gbs, and there is definitely a lot of long winded bullshit spewn by self righteous blowhards, but it's rare to find such thoughtful discourse on the internet nowadays that doesn't devolve into childish arguing

But where is the Islamic extremism thread? Certainly that is a hot button topic right now in the world that has a lot of people's attention (to say the least), definitely worthy of debate & discussion. I almost started one myself but an op in d&d just seems like too much work

Was there one at some point that got shut down? Is the discussion about it scattered across threads? Is d&d too afraid to broach the topic? What's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for a thread about burst water mains, maybe you should check the diy and hobbies subforum?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

http://www.ehow.com/how_2095287_become-futanari-artist.html

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I'm guessing most D&Ders think that Islamic extremist terrorism is good and that the west deserves it.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
theres no such thing as Islamic extremism

...not! 😂

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

for a thread about burst water mains, maybe you should check the diy and hobbies subforum?

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

The Middle East thread is mostly an rss feed for horrible things happening in Syria, but we definitely talk about it. Jihadist terrorism is worth discussing, but the attacks in Western cities are a drop in the bucket compared to the poo poo they do to other Muslims.

I think "Islamic terrorism" is sort of a misnomer tbh. It's not Shiites, Sufis, or mainstream Sunnis shooting French cartoonists or bombing Ariana Grande concerts. It's followers of a specific strain of Salafist/Wahhabist thought with a political agenda (and a few random crazies who happen to be Muslim). The KKK burns crosses on people's lawns, but we don't call that "Christian terrorism."

Anyway, D&D has the weirdest stereotypes because we'll just be trying to talk about the Raqqa offensive or whatever and some one will come in complaining that we're all neocon imperialist warmongers who hate Arabs and then like the next day some one will be whining that we're all naive liberals for treating Muslims like people.

Somehow this is still better than most forums.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My motto: Be the change you want to see on the forums.

But I can't be held responsible if you get banned.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where are my pants?? and my hat??

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
here it is op

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qwVGIfVXk

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Sometimes I read d&d. I know, a disdainful admission here in gbs, and there is definitely a lot of long winded bullshit spewn by self righteous blowhards, but it's rare to find such thoughtful discourse on the internet nowadays that doesn't devolve into childish arguing

But where is the Islamic extremism thread? Certainly that is a hot button topic right now in the world that has a lot of people's attention (to say the least), definitely worthy of debate & discussion. I almost started one myself but an op in d&d just seems like too much work

Was there one at some point that got shut down? Is the discussion about it scattered across threads? Is d&d too afraid to broach the topic? What's up

loving RACIST! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Why won't D&D say the words "radical Islamic terrorism"? I'm just asking questions.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Duckbag posted:

The Middle East thread is mostly an rss feed for horrible things happening in Syria, but we definitely talk about it. Jihadist terrorism is worth discussing, but the attacks in Western cities are a drop in the bucket compared to the poo poo they do to other Muslims.

I think "Islamic terrorism" is sort of a misnomer tbh. It's not Shiites, Sufis, or mainstream Sunnis shooting French cartoonists or bombing Ariana Grande concerts. It's followers of a specific strain of Salafist/Wahhabist thought with a political agenda (and a few random crazies who happen to be Muslim). The KKK burns crosses on people's lawns, but we don't call that "Christian terrorism."

Anyway, D&D has the weirdest stereotypes because we'll just be trying to talk about the Raqqa offensive or whatever and some one will come in complaining that we're all neocon imperialist warmongers who hate Arabs and then like the next day some one will be whining that we're all naive liberals for treating Muslims like people.

Somehow this is still better than most forums.

this is why there's no Islamic extremism thread in D&D

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kenzie posted:

Why won't D&D say the words "radical Islamic terrorism"? I'm just asking questions.

actually islamic terrorism is bad not radical

namas-

whoops sorry I forgot we wern't aloud to say that, it upsets those nice boys over in the mosque

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

It's funny when GBS looks down on other forums

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
A tragic problem with D&D is people never post threads, and apparently not posting has reached the point where they will instead post threads in other forums about there not already being a thread in D&D.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread should be moved to d&d IMO.

and then everyone will be happy and posting.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If terror attacks happen they are discussed in the regional threads like Europol or USpol. There isn't an "islamic extremism" thread because all regional wahhabist/salafist movements are not coordinated or connected with each other that much. If you want to talk about ISIS and its operations in Europe and the US, the Middle East thread would probably be your best bet. If you want to talk about the situation in the Philippines, which is a totally different beast, you should go to the Philippol thread. Obviosuly, you can open an overarching megathread for islamist terror, but Philippine people are gonna be bored reading RSS Syria and the Syria people are gonna be bored reading RSS Philippines. But go ahead, try it, it might work.

Alternatively, you can also completely ignore everything I have just written and spout some conspiracy theory about how the libtards melt if they say the words islamist terror. :tipshat:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Terrorism is very bad, doesn't really matter where it comes from.
Terrorism comes from certain groups (much) more than others.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

That kind of thread would not be allowed in D&D, or anywhere on the site.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

this is why there's no Islamic extremism thread in D&D
Because they allow for actual nuance and understanding of a situation, instead of just saying "all Muslims bad?"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
notice the insistence on Wahhabi and Salafist which allows people to ignore groups like Hezbollah, Hamas and others

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Islam is the light, OP

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Islamic terrorism is really a tactic by Islamist militant groups so a larger, general thread about political Islamism would be more interesting and include the militants with it. But then you also have to talk about non-violent Islamist movements and political parties. You don't get to have it one way.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

notice the insistence on Wahhabi and Salafist which allows people to ignore groups like Hezbollah, Hamas and others

That's usually viewed and discussed as a separate phenomenon from Saudi Wahhabism/Salafism for a lot of different reasons that I'm not gonna list here. You can discuss that subject in the Israel/Palestine thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Yeah, but what about the crusades? :colbert:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Duckbag posted:

Apparently lawns are people too

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

bitterandtwisted posted:

It's funny when GBS looks down on other forums

I prefer to think of it as funny forums looking down on notoriously unfunny forums.

Trump.mp4
Feb 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
People aren't even allowed to post in D&D or so I hear. Vast wasteland of probations and bans and nothing else or so the rumors go.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

VikingSkull posted:

Hezbollah and hamas aren't the ones hitting the west.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
its a good thing these things arent discussed in serious debate forums and pushed to the fringes of the internet. out of sight out of mind :)

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you reatards are dimv as gently caress lol

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

why do you think all muslims are bad op

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

dont engage me unless u are nuanced and understanding like me

you racist

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Panzeh posted:

Hezbollah and hamas aren't the ones hitting the west.

ah I forgot that was a prerequisite of terrorism

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Islamic terrorism is really a tactic by Islamist militant groups so a larger, general thread about political Islamism would be more interesting and include the militants with it. But then you also have to talk about non-violent Islamist movements and political parties. You don't get to have it one way.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

That's usually viewed and discussed as a separate phenomenon from Saudi Wahhabism/Salafism for a lot of different reasons that I'm not gonna list here. You can discuss that subject in the Israel/Palestine thread.

Fair points.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dicky B posted:

dont engage me unless u are nuanced and understanding like me

you racist

There are 13 countries in the world that have laws for the execution of atheists. Wanna guess which ones they are?

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 24, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3545246

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

agreed

• Locked thread