Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Depressing Box posted:

Question for people who've beaten BotW:

Can you keep playing after beating Ganon? I really enjoy wandering around and exploring, but I also feel like it's about time I wrapped up the story.

Beating Ganon saves the game just outside the boss fight before it happens, there is no "gannon is defeated" post exploration, though you do get like a percentage of completion and a couple other baubles when you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yes but it'll just load the autosave it makes right before you enter ganon's room. You get a star on your savefile though

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm probably gonna give Rabbids a skip (looks good though), but that means I'm probably not buying any other games for Switch until October. I wish FE Warriors was September, late October is gonna be rubbin' up against Mario

edit: I'll probably play FE Warriors more in the long run if it's got half the content Hyrule Warriors did.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 25, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My plan is to beat Splatoon 2 this weekend, trade it in for Rabbids, beat that by the end of September and trade that in towards an SNES mini (I have a preorder already).

I like Splatoon but I don't have the time to invest in leveling up in an online shooter to get to more content.

I mean, you do you and if you don't feel Splatoon is worth it to you then that's fine, but I feel like, from this comment, you are missing the point.

You can play short, intense, fun as hell multiplayer games in ranked and Salmon Run as much as you want without worrying about unlocking anything. This is the real meat of the game and everything else is just gravy. It's one of the best "I don't have much time" games there is in my opinion.

I also absolutely love that I can pick up my controller and be in a match in less than a minute, play a couple, put the console back to sleep. You don't need to invest tons of time for it to be a great game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Raserys posted:

i feel it in my bones, this kirb will have the return of nightmare

It's gonna be Zero/Dark Matter I can almost guarantee it.

Triple Deluxe released on Amazing Mirrors anniversary and it's big throwback thing was the Amazing Mirror
Robobot was released on Superstar's anniversary and it's very clearly a throwback to that game
This one is scheduled for Dreamland's and Dark Matter got foreshadowed a bit in Robobot

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My plan is to beat Splatoon 2

:confused:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario + Rabbids intro

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the setup for the game really caught me off guard and now I'm kinda curious to how that wraps up

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I mean, you do you and if you don't feel Splatoon is worth it to you then that's fine, but I feel like, from this comment, you are missing the point.

You can play short, intense, fun as hell multiplayer games in ranked and Salmon Run as much as you want without worrying about unlocking anything. This is the real meat of the game and everything else is just gravy. It's one of the best "I don't have much time" games there is in my opinion.

I also absolutely love that I can pick up my controller and be in a match in less than a minute, play a couple, put the console back to sleep. You don't need to invest tons of time for it to be a great game.

You can hit S++ in Splatoon 2 with the Splattershot Jr and Basic Tee. If you don't want to invest time in the game, XP tickets make getting to 30 not take long at all. The game is worth keeping for Salmon Run alone, imo. Would very much give it another chance as Splatoon is a very casual friendly game.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I assume he's talking about the single player campaign.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I only play it for Salmon Run and the splat fests.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, while it's fun to pop into ranked to go through the alternate game modes it's actually more fun to play Salmon Run and Turf Wars because there's no real stakes at play.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

I don't have time to reach ranked! And salmon run is never on when I'm on. After a month I'm level 5 and each level seems to take twice as long as the last

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 25, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Does downloading something while playing another game sometimes cause the snapshot and home button functions to just... stop working? I'm downloading the test punch right now and decided to play Mania in the meantime and I couldn't go back to the home screen to check the status of the download. Those two buttons just... weren't doing anything. Putting the joycons into the system itself didn't work either, and I had to get it to reset somehow (the power button wasn't doing anything either but eventually I did get it to reset). Is this a thing anyone else has run into?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's specifically a bug with Sonic Mania

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

I mean people in the main thread stopped playing when they hit S rank in whatever so I assume that's "beating the game" for some people, confuses the heck out of me too since I thought it was just for matchmaking purposes not "I HAVE to fill the bar". (If they stopped having fun that's a good reason)

Do people in other comp games go "Welp I hit 3000 Elo, time to stop playing forever" and is it just a weird psychological thing from showing a bar that fills up (assuming they're still enjoying the game up to that point)

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 25, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's specifically a bug with Sonic Mania

Oh. Well then.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lakbay posted:

I mean people in the main thread stopped playing when they hit S rank in whatever so I assume that's "beating the game" for some people, confuses the heck out of me too since I thought it was just for matchmaking purposes. (If they stopped having fun that's a good reason)

Do people in other comp games go "Welp I hit 3000 Elo, time to stop playing forever" and is it just a weird psychological thing from showing a bar that fills up (assuming they're still enjoying the game up to that point)

People are really brain broken and will play games they don't actually enjoy so they can get arbitrary points or rewards they have no intention of using, and will stop playing games they do enjoy once they exhaust the arbitrary points or reward system.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Almost 50 minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay from GamesCom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95c1c13yyQ

"So this sword's spirit is a big dog, this one a giant hamster, and the final a big tittied submissive anime babe."

What year is this?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario + Rabbids intro

Not sure if it's been posted yet but the setup for the game really caught me off guard and now I'm kinda curious to how that wraps up

Ooh, glam rock barbarian rabbids (glambariabbids?)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

People are really brain broken and will play games they don't actually enjoy so they can get arbitrary points or rewards they have no intention of using, and will stop playing games they do enjoy once they exhaust the arbitrary points or reward system.

See: Overwatch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does the full version of Arms allow you to remap the controls? Because man the demo... it's really really bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xb2 looks at least more interesting in combat than xb1. I was barely able to stay interested after hours of 1's system

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wendell posted:

"So this sword's spirit is a big dog, this one a giant hamster, and the final a big tittied submissive anime babe."

What year is this?

"It's the best time to be playing video games."
- Vinny Caravella

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Does the full version of Arms allow you to remap the controls? Because man the demo... it's really really bad.

No

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lmao.

Oh well I gave you a shot, Arms.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Marbuo x rabbits looks v fun and cool, might have to get that

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario + Rabbids intro

This looks waaaaaaay more in-depth than I was expecting.

:psyduck:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So the Switch is getting the Secret of Mana collection (in Japan anyway) but it's not getting the SoM remake? :psyduck:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zore posted:

Its all Palmer luckey's fault apparently?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

So the Switch is getting the Secret of Mana collection (in Japan anyway) but it's not getting the SoM remake? :psyduck:

As if a square game could come out before switch is retired

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's gonna be Zero/Dark Matter I can almost guarantee it.

Triple Deluxe released on Amazing Mirrors anniversary and it's big throwback thing was the Amazing Mirror
Robobot was released on Superstar's anniversary and it's very clearly a throwback to that game
This one is scheduled for Dreamland's and Dark Matter got foreshadowed a bit in Robobot

I want them to bring back side-quests from DL3 if this is gonna be a callback to that series.

Lemme see Samus even though she should be way taller than Kirby considering he's only supposed to be like eight inches tall.

I guess gravity on Pop Star can really make things weird.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zore posted:

:stare:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mario + Rabbids intro

Yikes. Mario is too fat to get sucked into a Vortex. He had to chase it down.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's almost certainly going to get it, they just aren't going to announce it yet.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Mario + Rabbids not having online is bizarre to me. It'd be the perfect game for it. I went from a def buy to a no once I found that out. Did XCOM not have online? Just seems like a much more boring game without the ability to go online.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GoldfishStew posted:

Mario + Rabbids not having online is bizarre to me. It'd be the perfect game for it. I went from a def buy to a no once I found that out. Did XCOM not have online? Just seems like a much more boring game without the ability to go online.

XCOM has online head to head but its not very popular at all.

Like, what kind of online are you talking about?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'd be happy with one character in the arms demo if I could just play normal versus mode :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remake:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF44EpvFaoA

For PS4, PS Vita (lol), PC and Sw... wait what?

Secret of Mana 3D for Switch when? :(

Rexroom posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on the Nintendo Gamescom stream now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_mLCsRmBW0

That music is kinda... eh. Still better than the city music in XCX so far.

The anime titty sword persona aside, the game looks promising. Combat system should be better than XCX (not a high bar to clear).

Phantasium posted:

Beating Ganon saves the game just outside the boss fight before it happens, there is no "gannon is defeated" post exploration, though you do get like a percentage of completion and a couple other baubles when you do.

Is the DLC going to give you a "see completion % that excludes goddamn seeds" or no? Because I'd love to see how my non-seed completion is since those seeds tanked it completely.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Zore posted:

XCOM has online head to head but its not very popular at all.

Like, what kind of online are you talking about?

You know, having never played XCOM, I may just misunderstand what this game type is. I dunno. I like online shooters to jam on with pals. Thank god for Splatoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is the DLC going to give you a "see completion % that excludes goddamn seeds" or no? Because I'd love to see how my non-seed completion is since those seeds tanked it completely.

It's not just seeds, every named area on the map counts towards % as well. Someone in the BotW thread said they were going to grind out all the seeds against all advice to the contrary, got to 94% or so at 900 seeds, and afaik hasn't posted in that thread since.

• Locked thread